It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens get takeaway food at fatal crash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Teens get takeaway food at fatal crash

www.news.com.au

Residents who lived near the roundabout in Miami said that as they rushed to help the couple, the five teenagers in the Subaru WRX got out and watched.
Resident Stephen Waymouth said the van was still rolling when he looked over his fence.
When he reached it he saw the man was unconscious and the woman was "wailing".

While residents comforted the distressed woman, the five teens stood motionless on the footpath, he said.
Mr Waymouth and another man, Fabian Atzori, said none of the youths atte
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.goldcoast.com.au

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
People who lived in the neighborhood where the accident occurred rushed to try to help the distraught woman from the overturned car and notified the emergency personnel. They say that the whole time the kids just stood there on the sidewalk watching. Not only did the teenagers just stand there and refuse to help at the scene, they had food delivered to the scene of the crash, which unfortunately turned out to be a fatal accident. The man driving the rolled car died shortly after reaching the hospital.

So this is what we are raising our children to become? I could understand some teens being scared to help- maybe not knowing what to do or in shock, but to gawk and eat like they were at a movie? That isn't normal. I want to believe our kids are not becoming monsters.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Correct me if im worng but doesnt that make them responsibe in some way for the deaths?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven bombshell

So this is what we are raising our children to become? I could understand some teens being scared to help- maybe not knowing what to do or in shock, but to gawk and eat like they were at a movie? That isn't normal. I want to believe our kids are not becoming monsters.

Kids have done evil/nasty things throughout history. This group is not representative of most teenagers and I am sure that the same percentage of careless rotten teenagers have been pretty constant throughout history. No need to separate today's teens from the teens of yesteryear who have done just as bad of things

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
When i first read it i got the impression that the teens were just by-standers who ordered out takeaway and spectated .......but they were the occupants of the other car involved

Speechless

Desensitized to the point of social zombies

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
Correct me if im worng but doesnt that make them responsibe in some way for the deaths?

only in a Seinfeld episode

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Actually, I wonder about that. I think there are laws in some states where standing there and offering no help violates a law. I have heard about it anyway. I am sure that someone will know and post.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
These kids need to be FLOGGED! CANED! WHIPPED!

The driver will hopefully be charged with some form of vehicular manslaughter, at the very least. The parents of the driver need to be charged with some form of child neglect.

There is no excuse at all for ordering delivery food and sitting by while someone nearly dies. At the very least, show enough compassion to check up on the other party.

My knee-jerk reaction was to think that there was some form of shock that caused them to stand by and watch. Its possible. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that these punks just dont give one rat-dropping for any other human life but their own.

Line'em up in a public square and beat them 'til they lose consciousness. It hardly justifies or makes amends, but perhaps they and those that witness it will learn a lesson about crime and punishment.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If this happened in Australia those 3 youths would have been arrested and charged with failing to provide due care at the scene of an accident.

Bloody disgraceful. They should be lined up and shot so as to ensure future human genetics get rid of this trait.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Kids have done evil/nasty things throughout history. This group is not representative of most teenagers and I am sure that the same percentage of careless rotten teenagers have been pretty constant throughout history. No need to separate today's teens from the teens of yesteryear who have done just as bad of things

No doubt! Do you remember the teens of the Capulet family or the Montague family?

Now those were some dirty scoundrels... stab you as soon as look at you.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Actually, I wonder about that. I think there are laws in some states where standing there and offering no help violates a law. I have heard about it anyway. I am sure that someone will know and post.

I think you are referring to the "Good Samaritan" law. It is not widely enforced, but many US states and several other countries do have some form of statute that applies to the basic principle. This law is more about protecting those giving aid than enforcement against those that would withhold aid.

As a person Red Cross trained in CPR and basic lifesaving skills, it is good to know that these laws are there in case something happens to a person while trying to save a life.
I think the only people who are required to give aid by law (as in, can be jailed or fined for withholding) are licensed members of law enforcement, fire, rescue and medical professions. I have never been told that I am obligated to give aid, only that I am trained to do so and should try to help when it is appropriate (such as first-responder or sole trained individual available).

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Good samaritan laws in the US present a legal shield around those who choose to or not to help at the scene of an accident. Think of it this way if by some chance something you did furthered the injuries or hastend death then you can be liable for the death or personal injury. You can get sued to easy these days.

FYI I would have helped and do look down apon those who don't.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I would have probably helped, but I don't think society should force ones to help in situations like these. Where would the law insists that people help? Like this situation? Where would the law not insist that people help? In huge crises like 9/11? Where would the middle ground be? This is a very hard issue to make into law (if it hasn't been already).

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
Desensitized to the point of social zombies

yes I agree, but shock can be a strange thing. Perhaps they were in shock?

The takeaway food though is just so very weird... almost twilight zone.

So detached from the reality, that can happen too with shock...

It is weird but last week a young boy was stabbed & killed at peak hour in the city, all the cbd were busy going home etc... the child's Mother was in shock and walking aimlessly onto the road. This one chick in her car just beeped the horn and was impatient to get her off the road. Yanno, this woman was interrupting her way home! Umbelievable
Thankfully someone with a brain helped her off the road.

Perhaps some people just don't care?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

People who lived in the neighborhood where the accident occurred rushed to try to help the distraught woman from the overturned car and notified the emergency personnel. They say that the whole time the kids just stood there on the sidewalk watching. Not only did the teenagers just stand there and refuse to help at the scene, they had food delivered to the scene of the crash, which unfortunately turned out to be a fatal accident. The man driving the rolled car died shortly after reaching the hospital.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(My Thoughts)
This new generation is different, I know I have two. I will add though, that it is not all kids, but maybe the mass majority. So there is a remnant that are the actual norm.Out of my two kids one would have ordered fries while the other would have called 911.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cio88 posted on 25-11-2008 at 19:58 Correct me if im worng but doesnt that make them responsibe in some way for the deaths?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(my Thoughts)
Cio, is right when he said they are not responsible, but wouldn't you hate to be in a burning car and the only people there were these kids? ( do I hear wennie roast?..Where's the marsh mellows?)..........

[edit on 25-11-2008 by rikk7111]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Something doesn't make sense about this...

Correct that, I was thinking this was a US accident - so they would be driving on the right and going around roundabouts Anti clockwise.

This is an Oz accident - they would of been driving on the left and driving clockwise around the roundabout (probably).

Blue car has head on damage - white van has driver side damage... That white van was smacked very hard whilst emerging on to the roundabout, that is a bad accident in any car because of the amount of protection you (don't) have, but that van looks pretty flimsy. Stupid accident - Blue car clearly to blame.

Looks like the kids had a bit of money too

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Unbelievable!!
My take, these guys are probably desensitized to the max and thought they were watching a movie.

I never did get shows like ER and the like, how anyone can be entertained by these types of shows is beyond me. Mind you I'm very squeamish so that might explain it..

Some kind of punishment and (re)education would be in order..
But..

Originally posted by Kryties
Bloody disgraceful. They should be lined up and shot so as to ensure future human genetics get rid of this trait.

that might be going a little too far...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

The speed involved had to be excessive in the roundabout, as well. The damage is extreme. You can't speed going in a circle like that and keep control. Even in Germany we slowed down for the roundabouts. I am beginning to think they were on something.

spelling edit

[edit on 25-11-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

Those Subaru's go like manure off a shovel - and they grip the road like anything cos they are 4x4, they could of been carrying speed over from a long straight - but equally they could of nailed it out of a turn what? 20 - 30 meters away? - either way, crazy driving.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Cio88

only in a Seinfeld episode

That's actually based on a real law...(which is the Last episode of Seinfeld which you are referring to) It's a state law though, and in the U.S.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join