It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recover Username or Password bug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hi

been posting here for a while under another username, but forgot my password.

did the password recovery, got mailed a new password, then I try login with it and it don't work.

I then try the username recovery just to make sure I got that right, I did, but still the new password don't work.

In the end did a complete new username registration. Am i the only person with this issue?

[edit on 25-11-2008 by songthrush]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Your not trying to get someone else's password or anything are you??

What is your other user name? - (just out of interest... I can't help in any way)

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I just used it yesterday, and it worked a treat.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
hey, another thing, first thing I did with my new account was try to change my allocated password.

I copied it from the welcome email and pasted it into the current password box for the change password page.

It tells me the original password is wrong.

What the heck is going on?

I suspect when I logout, the password I got when I joined will not work.

I just don't get what I am doing wrong here.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It worked on 3rd attempt.

is there some kind of lag or delay that needs time before it works. This makes no sense otherwise.

whatever, i lost all my points and need to start again, such is life...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
i reported this very thing to skepticoverlord, im sure hes looking into, i hope.

i dont think it is a delay issue, because when this happens to me, it works on the 3rd try everytime. i dont know why.

i dont know why the password i had didnt work in the first place.

the problem always starts randomly, i will be logged in, suddenly im logged out and have to sign in, then three password recoveries later, it works.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This had happened to me a couple years back; one day, I just couldn't log in anymore under the name soothsayer, so I made a new account to address this issue (soothsayer2). Now, here I am, with a new name, same password as the other two accounts, never changed... but I still cannot log on to the first one (but the second is still in operation).

All of those wasted points... my RATS account...

Anyway...

I guess it just happens. Why, I can't say, just does.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Wonder if this has any thing to do with the 'unknown error' chat problem? Someone said it could be a time out problem the the user name/ password Dbase

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It doesnt work if you copy and past from the email that is sent to you with the new password. You have to type it in.

Took my 10 times to figure that one out.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Sometimes when people copy and paste the password from the email it copies a space at the end and that botches the whole thing.

Typing it in by hand, as mentioned above, can definitely help.

If you're still having trouble, use the contact us form and an admin will hopefully be able to fix the problem.

Just make sure to mention your username somewhere in the email... everyone forgets to do that.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Sometimes when people copy and paste the password from the email it copies a space at the end and that botches the whole thing.

Typing it in by hand, as mentioned above, can definitely help.

i actually figured that out really quick, it did'nt help in my case. but eventually it works so there is no need to contact anyone.

top topics

join