It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts, on the after life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I thought this might be a intresting topic too discuss.
What are your vieuws on the after life?
Of course we never can be sure, but we can think about it, and have ideas about it.
Tomorrow Ill write my theory, but its gettin late here.
I hope too see some great theories, and rember, its your opinion, nothin is a wrong answer

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Good question.

We'll just have to wait and see. I actually don't care about it right now ..... i'm here and i'm going to enjoy this life. I'll just have to care about afterlife after my life
. It seems funny that there're a lot of people preparing their whole life for the afterlife even if they don't know what's going to be after their death.

Enjoy

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I have a theory that whatever your mental state is upon death, that is pretty much what the afterlife will be like, but perhaps it fades away, like an echo would, being absorbed and overwhelmed by the rest of the noise going on.

Of course, I'm generalizing when I say mental state, which would really encompass a persons entire state of being, not just a chance mood that took place while they take their last breaths.

For example, if you die during a pleasant state, that state (dream) simply continues. If you dream during a unpleasant, that state (nightmare) simply continues.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Technology is intimately linked to life and what happens beyond it, considering that biology is a type of 'technology' developed by the universe.

Technology seems important to all levels in the hierarchy of conscious reality; individuals use tools to gain knowledge, collectives use individuals as tools (like the synapses of a brain) to accumulate knowledge, the universe itself might use collectives as tools to gain yet more information, and possibly the universe might serve as a learning tool on behalf of the multiverse.

Viewing reality in this fashion, we are all tiny data packets that are processed locally and then returned to the universal server supposedly with a computational result – in other words, like distributed computing or even grid computing. We ourselves are the technology of the universe.

As for what happens after our 'result' is returned to the 'God-server,' matter and energy brought together briefly in one reality still exist in some form beyond that reality, and they will eventually take on infinite forms.

A simple example of the above statement would be: dip a bucket into a river and fill it with river water. The water once from the river now fills a vessel and takes on new shape, but it's still river water. Pour it back in the river and it mixes back with the collective and disperses. Portions of the same group of water molecules could then be gathered in yet another bucket downriver, thus taking on new shape and filling a new vessel.

A correlation could then be drawn that the universe is the river, the water is its conscious force, and our bodies are the buckets. The bucket is a technology used by the universe to explore and learn.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Basically, its is whatever you want it to be. If you believe in Heaven (and therefore Hell), you're going to Heaven (or hell, depending on your moral standing).

As Talk Talk once said "[After] Life's What You Make It".

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm convinced there is an after life.
What exactly it is is any bodys guess no one has come back although some around here think some have but there is no real proof as of yet.

To Be honest I'm a little scared of the unknown but Excited to find out when the time comes hopefully that wont be for a long long time.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Afterlife is the dream which will happen and we will see that we dont dream.
Life is the real dream, so is Afterlife the dream, where you awake from.

my thinking about this:

I know where i come from.
I know where i am now.
and
I know where i will go.

Simple? no..

*just believing in the breath of god*

Nia Wind

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It's not just the 'afterlife' it's also the 'before' life, as you will be pleasantly surprised to discover one day.
There are, in fact, many who have been and seen and returned to tell the tale, right now, there are half a dozen threads running here on this very subject, so I would prefer not to have to reiterate all that I have said recently. Just check the other threads there are some interesting posts, and just in case you find youself facing the 'final moment' sooner than anticipated, there is nothing to fear, all will be well.

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
I have a theory that whatever your mental state is upon death, that is pretty much what the afterlife will be like, but perhaps it fades away, like an echo would, being absorbed and overwhelmed by the rest of the noise going on.

Of course, I'm generalizing when I say mental state, which would really encompass a persons entire state of being, not just a chance mood that took place while they take their last breaths.

For example, if you die during a pleasant state, that state (dream) simply continues. If you dream during a unpleasant, that state (nightmare) simply continues.

I like that, it makes sense to me. Like stated above, I feel almost the same way, except I apply it to the belief system you hold in life or at least in your later life unto your death, as in, if you believe you should go to hell, thats where you go, if you believe you will go to a heaven with booze and stuff you do, if you believe it takes you lifetimes to figure it out, you might be reincarnated, if you believe you will be one with god, so you will, and if you think its just nothing, its just nothing.
The reason why I think this, is because of the way belief systems work while we are alive, and since I dont believe in a physical reality, only the suggestion of it, I think my theory is founded.

[edit on 11/25/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
My family and me experienced a lot of paranormal activity in our house after my Grandad passed away two years ago. Things such as, seeing orbs, mirrors rattling, taps and lights switching themselves on.

The most distinct part of all that happened, for me, was I had a dream, in which I asked him about the afterlife. He told me, he was/is watching over us and, and I then asked him "Does heaven and hell exist?" he replied "Not quite. Heaven is the essence of everything,"...

So, ponder on that
I think it makes a lot of sense.

I've had a couple of dreams with him distinctly in them since then, but, none of them have been as vivid and "real" feeling as the one where he spoke to me.

new topics

top topics

join