It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, I dont buy it, anyone else? And your vieuws

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeus187

Originally posted by lucidclouds
reply to post by TheFearless

How do you think we got here?

I have a real hard time thinking there was a big bang or something. Everything we have we made, buildings, cars, computers, and none are as complicated as humans. But some how we came by chance?

Have you ever seen the inside of a pocket watch? Very complicated, with all these gears and things inside. Now if you went to a factory where these are made, it had all the parts to make one, and you blew it up, how many working watches would you have? Its simple...none. You could blow it up millions of times and never get a working watch.

Heres a copy of something i posted last week....

"without putting words in your mouth.
you demonstrate something i think is part of the problem...

the idea that: everything just seems to work too perfectly to have come together by chance. It must be designed.

life isnt perfect
its just our own lack of imagination, which makes nature seem perfect, as we are unable to fathom anything beyond that which we know.
everything doesnt need to be perfect in order to work.
things just need to be sufficient.

the sooner we realise our own lack of imagination being the cause of so much confusion the better. "

I never said we were perfect, far, far from it. In the illustration, you could never make a failing watch, let alone one that barely works. Does that make sence to you? You could blow up a watch factory billions of times and never get something resembling a watch.

So please, again and again I will ask, and hopefully get a responce, how do you think we got here?????????????????

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
wrong forum post...

whoops.

perhaps not...

i said something along the lines of.

your reasoning and logic seems to be fundamentaly flawed.
therefore it would be a waste of time to try to continue to reason with you.

[edit on 4/12/2008 by Zeus187]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeus187
wrong forum post...

whoops.

perhaps not...

i said something along the lines of.

your reasoning and logic seems to be fundamentaly flawed.
therefore it would be a waste of time to try to continue to reason with you.

Please explain to me how??? How is your logic not flawed when you won't even explain it to me?????????????????? That is what I don't understand... Please, Please, explain it to me. Everyone says im wrong...But won't explain why???????????

WHAT IM I SUPOSE TO THINK????????????????????? /

HOW DID I GET HERE?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucidclouds
reply to post by TheFearless

Its simple...none. You could blow it up millions of times and never get a working watch.

The funny thing is both sides are right. There is no god, and we are not here by chance. You all tend to be blind to not thinking in only black or white.

The big bang makes sense. A reset of the universe if you will. A wipe. A redistribution of energy.

A force existing that could manipulate things? Yes. I just doubt we do. I believe our souls/energy is that force. Once the code for the physical existence was written, tampering with it once it is set in motion seems like cheating. Not sure.

In the end some tampering may be allowed, or it may not be needed like when we meet soul mates or have funny happenings, it may only be us drawing ourselves to each other.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Yes....a God Exists,
and YES.... he has a SECRET Plan to take over this World.

Psalms82:6
I have said... YE Are...Gods! (ME, YOU, THEM)
And all of you are the Children of the Most High.

Gospel of Thomas62
Jesus said.. " I disclose My Mysteries...
to 'those' who are worthy of My Mysteries.
Do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing."

Revelations of Jesus10:7
But... in the Days of the Voice of the 7th Angel...
When 'He' shall begin to Sound. The 'Mystery of God'...
should be 'Finished'.
As 'He' hath Declared to His Servants... the Prophets.

Romans16:25-27
Now to 'Him' that is of Power to stablish 'you'. (apostles)
According to 'my' gospel... and the preaching of Jesus Christ.
According to the 'Revelation (revealing) of 'The Mystery', which was kept 'secret' since the World began.
But now is made manifest and by... the Scriptures of the Prophets according to the Commandment of the Everlasting God.
Made known (revealed) to all nations for the Obedience of Faith.
To God only Wise... be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Dead Sea Scrolls - The Book of Secrets
1Q,4Q299-301

["(...)" is where the scroll is damaged and unreadable.]

4Q301 F.1
(...) I shall speak out freely, and I shall express my various sayings among you (...)
(...) those who would understand parables and riddles,
and those who would penetrate the Origins of Knowledge,
along with those who hold fast to the wonderful mysteries (...)
(...) those who walk in simplicity as well as those who are devious in every activity of the deeds of humanity (...)
those with a stiff neck, a hard pate, and all the mass of the Gentiles,
with (...)the customs of the fool and the inheritance of the wise (...)

4Q301 F.2

Now what good is 'the riddle' to you, you who search for the
Origins of Knowledge?
Why is the heart honored, for it is the dominion (...) a parable?
Why is it splendid to you, for it is (...)
Why is a prince (...) ruler? (...) without strength, and he dominates him with a whip that cost nothing.
Who could say (...)
Who among you seeks the Prescense of Light and Illumination (...)
the Plan of Memory without (...) (...) by the Angels of (...) (...)
those who praise (...)
so that they would know the difference between good and evil (.....)

Dead Sea Scrolls-Songs of the Sabbath36
Sing with Joy. You who rejoice in His Knowledge.
Rejoicing among the Wonderous 'Godlike' Beings.

1Timothy2:4
'Who'... will have all men to be saved...
and come unto the Knowledge of 'The Truth'. (WHOM?)

Checkout the "Godlike Beings of the Lofty Elim of Knowledge...
Rock n Roll Him Book"

www.fixittom.biz...
www.fixittom.biz...
www.fixittom.biz...
www.fixittom.biz...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Not believing in God is as much as a religion as believing in a God. Since all the time you deny it while others enforce it. You are doing the same thing, just in a different way.

Now leaving all religions aside, I do not have any religion, I am not part of any dogmatic belief, but I do believe in "God", but that name is very bias when talking about God.

My personal experience showed me that God is present, he is everywhere and everything. Religion is nothing but greedy people that wanted to abuse this inner/universal knowledge of people.

My advice is this. If you are part of any religion, drop it at once, try to escape their indocrination, it will not be easy, sometimes it will be really hard, it will change you. It is very hard to escape from something that was pushed into you since childhood (religion).

The most difficult thing to do will be to lose all that fear. Fear, fear, fear, the fundamental tool of any religion. It will make you think that if you leave the "faith" of that religion "God" will punish you. I tell you, I've been on that road, it is pure nonesense. God cannot punish you because you are part of him, your will is his will.

God is nothing but love, even fear is a part of love. All feelings together will make up love, there is nothing more to desire. Like all colors if united make white.

Fear just shows you that you only know a small portion of God (love), conquer fear and you will be free.

There is nothing to ask God to give you since you received it even before you asked it. Be prepared, love aka God, is all feelings, you want to experience all those feelings, some are like fear or even worse, revenge, jealousy, etc.

Once you realise this, all religions will become irrelevant, you have to find your own path on how you want to know God, experience God, and in the end discover who you really are. God.

You do not need religion, or anyone, you have to go on your own path, even denying God existance is a step further into knowing him. Once you see how life is without him, you will understand why life with him is the truth. Its a process. The process of becoming who you really are. Nothing but a perfect being, unlimited and free from anything coercive. You are the will of life itself.

The only place to seek understanding and answers is in you, then try to see what you discovered into the outside world. Ask and you shall receive, but be aware that when you ask the question, most of the times, you are not ready to know the answer. It is a process.

Seek to know, but not many desire this, so they stick to religion and other beliefs. But you must not judge, that is their will and their choise in how to seek God and understand him.

Respect one another since we are all One, God, like love is all the feelings, like white is all the colors united. Love one another since that is what we all are. It is a matter of time until we will all see it.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
So, you don't believe in religion, and nor do you believe in a being in which created all of mankind. If so, I think were on the same ark. I'm not big on people using something such as religion as a means for power. However, if that unjust thing provides people with hope and love, etc... than let it be. Besides it`s not like anyone can do anything to stop religion. Thats like destroying an ant hill with with a spec of dust. It just won`t happen (unless that spec is covered in anthrax).

As for "GOD" creating all of mankind... thats just silly. If anything he/she created only a few people and they started F***ing and F***ing and F***ing and F***ing and F***ing and 100 billion people later, give or take, here we are.

For me, it's kinda like our progress with technology and artificial robotic intelligence. So far we can only put in as much information as the computer can handle in regards to how far we have gotten in that specific technology. Perhaps in the distant future we will be able to fit 100 billion Gigs of information into a computer. If so, how "human" can we make that computer?

I often think that GOD is just a human name for a race of beings that are far more advanced than even our own imaginations. If this were the case then creating something like a 100 billion Gig computer or a human would be considered child's play to them.

Then again- I wouldn't want the big G-O-D to think he/she is nothing more than YOU or ME... another being in the universe looking for something to do.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I feel religion as a codec to interface in the physical plain.

I never think of one as better than the other. Just like martial arts. Karate or Kungfu. Too many get caught up in the best style rather than application.

In martial arts we all train the development of a punch in one way or another.
Yet in application its about understanding the importance of the responsibility of the physical manifestation of a punch.

So whether one of my bethrens is a christed one, or a kind atheist, karate or kunfu .. they both may intervene to stop a smaller person getting hurt

with any school of thought , codec or style they all have lines of thought to develop ones attitude.

till we all understand and realise we are equal one and the same :-)
Im from the U.K. the land of Unconditional kindness hahaa

The template of the universe is built on kindness, its an unlimited supply of energy. Do anything with kindness and its solid sureness.

and the game may just be how you hold attitude in time of being in respect to imediette environment.

take care and bless

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horus12
What amazes me is the egotistical viewpoint of religious people. To them the Earth is the centre of the universe, like some Americans believe America is the world.]

“The supreme arrogance of religious thinking: that a carbon-based bag of mostly water on a speck of iron-silicate dust around a boring dwarf star in a minor galaxy … would look up at the sky and declare, ‘It was all made just so that I could exist!’”
Physicist Peter Walker

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Personally, I believe in one great entity.

My "God" to use the most common term, is the Earth.

The Earth provides a home to me.
The Earth provides food.
The Earth provides air and water.
The Earth is a visible, solid, all providing God without which we would not exist.

I don't need to follow the opinions and orders of an invisible omnipotent being, I have my own omnipotent being right beneath my feet. And I can see it!

There is one rule I abide by; if it harms no one, I do what I wish.

As for every other organized religion, I see a few people manipulating the many for their own greed and security. There are sheep and then there are sheepdogs.
Every religion is distorted and manipulated to empower the few at their pinnacle. Every time something is rewritten, it includes modern methods to control people.
I believe that Jesus could have existed, but he was probably nothing more than one of the first celebrities. He was an interesting man with interesting ideas, that have no doubt been adjusted and altered to manipulate people since then.

I have nothing against people who want to believe whatever they like. But when their beliefs start to limit my life and my rights as a citizen, then I have no choice but to speak up and demand that they cease.
I don't care if any religion believes that they have a right or a duty to convince everyone else that their way is right, once they come near me and my life, telling me I am wrong, I'll gladly spend hours explaining to them that their religion is a manufactured tool to keep them under control and the wealthy in power.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join