It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda : CIA Born

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Al-Qaeda terror organization was established by the C.I.A in the 1980s. Al-Qaeda is nothing but a conveniently "Islamic" front which enables the C.I.A. to commit crimes in the name of Muslims. It is well known that the Mujahadeen terrorists of Afghanistan were organized, trained and funded by the C.I.A. using the Pakistani ISI as a "cut-out" in order to lure the Soviet Army into Afghanistan at the end of 1979. A Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) program called "Operation Cyclone" is reportedly responsible for the creation of the terrorist group, when the CIA funded native Afghan militants in the conflict with the Soviet Union.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It is pretty damn sad that we essentially armed and trained those that would become our enemies. Furthers my opinion that we need to quit messing with the rest of the world. How much do you want to bet the exact same thing is going to happen with Iraq. I don't want my future children having to worry about the next wave of US trained Iraqi terrorists.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I want your sources

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON
Al-Qaeda terror organization was established by the C.I.A in the 1980s. Al-Qaeda is nothing but a conveniently "Islamic" front which enables the C.I.A. to commit crimes in the name of Muslims. It is well known that the Mujahadeen terrorists of Afghanistan were organized, trained and funded by the C.I.A. using the Pakistani ISI as a "cut-out" in order to lure the Soviet Army into Afghanistan at the end of 1979. A Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) program called "Operation Cyclone" is reportedly responsible for the creation of the terrorist group, when the CIA funded native Afghan militants in the conflict with the Soviet Union.

That would be the Taliban. Completely different group.

The Al-Queda weren't invented until 2001. Look it up. They are pretty much the only multi-cell terror group operating in a dozen different countries that was never officially documented anywhere until a scapegoat was needed on 9/11/2001. Then all of a sudden this strange name came out of the woodwork and the finger was pointed at the one known terrorist leader who said "It wasn't me". Pretty convenient.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Goal Shack

This is just one video source that may help you .

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Oh look another Al’qa’ida is a CIA organisation thread.

The unfortunate problem with all of these theories is that history does not back up any of what you and others who old similar views have said.

Yes it is true that in the 1980’s the CIA funded the Mujahedeen as part of operation cyclone and some groups were trained by SAD operatives and troops from the SAS unofficially. Amongst those who recived training and finance there was probably a few who are now members of what we now call terrorist groups. Does this mean that the CIA trained Bin Laden or that Al’Qa’ida is a CIA front, no, no it does not it only shows a ignorance of history. At the time the CIA were fighting the communists and had the idea that if they could string out the conflict in Afghanistan they could hurt the soviet bloc. Soon as they were done, they backed out left the Afghans to get on with it.

Also the “Al’Qa’ida” orginisation that was operating at this time was really no more than a registar and system of half way houses for Jihadists heading to fight the soviets in Afghanistan. At this time Bin Laden was a small fish, the CIA probably only knew of his name. This Al’Qa’ida is very different form the Al’Qa’ida we saw between 1996 and 2001 responsible for the 9/11 attacks. Since 2001 Al’Qa’ida has changed again and is starkly different form the meaningless group of stop over houses that might or might not have existed under the name Al’Qa’ida at some point in the 1980’s.

The Al’Qa’ida you are thinking about didn’t exist until 1995/6 long after the CIA got out of Afghanistan. Same goes for the Taliban, they didn’t emerge until after the soviets moved out. When the soviets left so did the CIA.

The only reason that the conspiracy sites change this is because it fits in nicely to the 9/11 conspiracy theories. If Al’Qa’ida exist as history reports then it interferes with the 9/11 conspiracies, solution, claim Al’Qa’ida is a CIA front or a myth. However the existence of Al’Qa’ida as i have outlined above does not necessarily mean there is not a conspiracy behind 9/11.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
It is pretty damn sad that we essentially armed and trained those that would become our enemies.

I think its a joke all the way to lol in our eyes as THEY STAY ON TOP. And keep us running in fear. Ok so now the GOV. of the land mass inwhich I exist has a agency that hustles-kills-terrorizes LIES ALL whyle throwing its citizens in prison for doing the same. Who the HE** built this AGAIN?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Erm, the term Al Qaeda acually means 'the database'. The database was a list of former Mudjahadeen operatives compiled by the CIA who were in the employ of the CIA for many years. It doesn't exist as a singular entity to be frank, rather a group of affiliated radicals with their own splinter groups.
See here:
globalresearch.ca...
The Imperial Anatomy of Al-Qaeda. The CIA’s Drug-Running Terrorists and the “Arc of Crisis”
Part I
by Andrew Gavin Marshall
And here:
9/11 ANALYSIS: From Ronald Reagan and the Soviet-Afghan War to George W Bush and September 11, 2001
- by Michel Chossudovsky - 2010-09-09
Osama bin Laden was recruited by the CIA in 1979. The US spent millions of dollars to supply Afghan schoolchildren with textbooks filled with violent images and militant Islamic teachings.
www.globalresearch.ca...

and so much more here:
www.globalresearch.ca...

Extremely interesting and informative and a bit like a good thriller too! Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mez353
Erm, the term Al Qaeda acually means 'the database'. The database was a list of former Mudjahadeen operatives compiled by the CIA who were in the employ of the CIA for many years. It doesn't exist as a singular entity to be frank, rather a group of affiliated radicals with their own splinter groups.
See here:
globalresearch.ca...
The Imperial Anatomy of Al-Qaeda. The CIA’s Drug-Running Terrorists and the “Arc of Crisis”
Part I
by Andrew Gavin Marshall
And here:
9/11 ANALYSIS: From Ronald Reagan and the Soviet-Afghan War to George W Bush and September 11, 2001
- by Michel Chossudovsky - 2010-09-09
Osama bin Laden was recruited by the CIA in 1979. The US spent millions of dollars to supply Afghan schoolchildren with textbooks filled with violent images and militant Islamic teachings.
www.globalresearch.ca...

and so much more here:
www.globalresearch.ca...

Extremely interesting and informative and a bit like a good thriller too! Enjoy.

Create the "terrorists" as scapegoats then create 2 illegal wars and one imaginary war to steal resources from them and THEN lie about it to the public.
Zbig one of CFR's pimps helped train the "freedom fighters". They pretty much told them to go kill themselves against the soviets. Pure f---ing evil.

America is turning into the soviet union. This is sad and disgusting.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

The US and I dare say the UK have been using them for years everywhere apparently, especially in Yugoslavia and Chechnya. Their own little assassins, delta force, riot squad, etc etc.
Whilst your at it check out the drugs connection to, in particular bad boy Bill Clinton and how he 'operated' flights in and out of Little Rock with CIA money and Mudjahadeen heroin. I'll have to find you a brilliant article/confession from a pilot that got busted, released, given the cargo back and flew off from some private airport there over to Flagstaff. FBI were at a loss for words. Seems Bill made a call. Why do we think we can't touch these guys? Cos everyone's one the payroll and deep in doggy do!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
www.globalresearch.ca...

When investigative journalist Daniel Hopsicker broke the story four years ago that a DC-9 (N900SA) "registered to a company which once used as its address the hangar of Huffman Aviation, the flight school at the Venice, Florida Airport which trained both terrorist pilots who crashed planes into the World Trade Center, was caught in Campeche by the Mexican military ... carrying 5.5 tons of coc aine destined for the U.S.," it elicited a collective yawn from corporate media.

And when authorities searched the plane and found its cargo consisted solely of 128 identical black suitcases marked "private," packed with coc aine valued at more than $100 million, the silence was deafening.

www.globalresearch.ca...

July 15, 2010: Investigative journalist Daniel Hopsicker revealed that the pilot "of the American-registered DC-9 (N900SA) from St. Petersburg, FL caught carrying 5.5 tons of coc aine in Mexico's Yucatan several years ago," Carmelo Vasquez Guerra, "had been released from prison less than two years after being arrested." Readers will recall that the DC-9 and another American-registered plane, a Gulfstream II business jet (N987SA) that spilled "4 tons of coc aine across a muddy field," Hopsicker reported, were used in CIA "rendition" (torture) flights and had been purchased by Mexican drug gangs with funds laundered through Wachovia Bank. "The shocking news was delivered via an international headline stating that a pilot named Carmelo Vasquez Guerra had been arrested in the West African nation of Guinea Bissau on a twin-engine Gulfstream II carrying... what else? 550 kilos--a half-ton--of coc aine." According to Hopsicker, the drug pilot was arrested--and released--from three countries "under mysterious and unexplained circumstances." Seeking answers to the pilot's series of seemingly miraculous escapes, Hopsicker drolly observed: "Maybe there is an innocent explanation for everything. Maybe drugs just show up, unbidden, like unwanted guests. And maybe Carmelo Vasquez Guerra didn't escape each time he got busted. Maybe he just 'released himself on his own recognizance'."

See also here a good ‘history’ of how the Al Qaeda network is utilised:
www.globalresearch.ca...

top topics

join