It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ammo being MARKED

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I know this was coming, not only marking the bullets but making it illegal to own "Old" ammo with fines from 1 year and 1K to 10K and some odd years in prison. They can't control the weapons without opposition so they go after Ammo. This is another way of tracking you to what state you are from.

Here are the states broken down. I could not open the 'Ammunition Accountability Act' because browser crashed. This is being introduced in the house.

Ammunition Accountability Act

and

MP3 broadcast

under NOV. 24 2008 - hour 1

Comment anyone. I'll have to go too work but I'll be back later.....

[edit on 25-11-2008 by tiso_us]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Your ammunition link doesn't work. I did a search and found this so far, but haven't read it yet. ammunition act

Is this what you were talking about?

A_L

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by another_lurker

Same page, Here are some of the states it includes that they are trying to pass a Law:

Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is just fear mongering. There is no way to mark the rear side of a bullet. Even the tried casing marking in California has had bad results. Marking a bullet would be pointless. They get massively deformed on impact.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What a great incentive for crooks to steal ammunition from law abiding citizens, stores and unsuspecting CCW permit holders. It has been proposed in some municipalities, that the names of CCW permit holders be made public. Great target for a crook eh? Albeit a dumb crook.

Just a measly way to track how much ammo I buy and shoot and to help the feds track down potential "problem" individuals.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I found this informative article explaining the process and why it won't work.

Why Microstamping and
Bullet Serialization Won’t Work

source

Wonder what company plans to get rich off this idea. Somebody is pushing it besides politicians.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by jam321]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here is something that might explain it more......

www.ilga.gov...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
This is just fear mongering. There is no way to mark the rear side of a bullet. Even the tried casing marking in California has had bad results. Marking a bullet would be pointless. They get massively deformed on impact.

You're problem is you're arguing with logic, reason and fact. The gun-grabbers do not understand such things.

I sat in on the last hearing in CT when they discussed the ammunition serial numbers and the etched firing pin that would stamp a serial number in the primers that was unique to the gun.

Sigh....

It's amazing those bills were shot down. Engineers, cops, representatives from firearm manufacturers from all over were there. The engineers from Colt took a 1911, removed the firing pin and did two things. Swapped a different one in and scratched the head of it with a file and put it back. Both acts took less than 30 seconds, didnt cost any money and successfully defeated the "microstamping." In response the CT legislators only said "but dont want our children to be safe?"

My head nearly exploded.

For the ammo marking they had representation after representation of what happens to a bullet once the primer is struck. There is no way any amount of marking or etching is going to exist on any bullet fired outside of ideal laboratory circumstances and even then the chances of finding the marks in a controlled situation were like 10,000 to 1.

The arguments that theives would steal ammo registered to me or you were all but ignored and when somebody brought up, with regards to "microstamping" that you could just grab a handful of somebody elses shells from a public range and spread them around a crime scene or anywhere at all and waste the cops time for days or weeks or months chasing an innocent man the legislators responded "that wouldnt happen" and we were all expected to take that as gospel and divine truth.

The people proposing these laws and the people in these states who will inevitably pass them are at best misguided idealists and at worst functionally retarded.

California, if I'm not mistaken, actually passed the microstamping bill.

It's mind boggling.

Dont ever assume because a law is absurd it will fail to pass. The people passing these laws are themselves circus clown level absurd and have no capacity to recognize or understand reality in any form.

I forgot, they dragged out the typical "my life was changed because of gun crime" witness at the hearing. His son apparently had been killed by some punk with a shotgun. When asked if any of these measures would have saved his sons life the answer from law enforcement was "NO." In fact, the only thing that could have saved his sons life was if his son had himself been armed.

These bills failed last year in CT but are scheduled to come up in 2009. Those bills and the support they got from the states legislators were the straw that broke my back and sent me to New Hampshire.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The idea is a sound one, but impractical with how bullets are so mangled after being fired from a gun.

Now what would be interesting to see is some kind of nano-bot sized particle inside the bullet that could be traced....oh sorry they already thought of that.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I was just reading some of the stuff on the net and it appears to be a Revenue scam in the form of a tax that would be imposed on the ammo supplying the agency with funds(like we need another agency). as I took it, 5 cents would be added per round, and what is to say a year from now that it would not increase to say a dollar on the tax per round making it to expensive for the average person.

new topics

top topics

join