It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government owning a piece of credit cards/banks, they can now spy on you without court orders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I just realized, now that the government has taken an actual stake in Citibank credit cards, American Express, besides all the banks they are taking a piece of - they can now spy on all of us without court orders.

Why - because they are part owner of the companies, so they can look at everyone of our purchases from our credit cards without needing approval from a judge.

Regarding the banks, it does not have to be a certain amount anymore before the government has to be notified from the banks of you either withdrawing or depositing money.

Why - because they own a part of all the banks now, so as owners they can look at every $10.00 check any of us write without a court order.

Wow, this might have been the plan all along. The government now can control our banking and our purchases, everything. They can see any small thing we buy and even how much food we have bought, everything.

Is that also part of the plan of targeting people based on their purchases, for whatever future plans they have.

Think about it - it is all true - the government will now WATCH everything we do without any court or judge looking at what they are doing anymore.

That is our future - complete Big Brother - it is almost better than a chip inserted in each of us, they know everything we do now.

The only way to get pass this, is don't bank and don't ever use a credit card!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Frankly I had assumed they were selling this information to the government, anyway - either directly or through 'non-affiliated third party' information companies. For example, from Citibank's privacy agreement:

We may disclose personal information about you to the following types of nonaffiliated third parties:

* Financial services providers, such as companies engaged in banking, credit cards, consumer finance, securities, and insurance, and
* Non-financial companies, such as companies engaged in direct marketing and the selling of consumer products and services.
www.citicards.com...

Gee, that nicely narrows it down: they can disclose to all companies in set 'A', oh and also all those not in set 'A'. The "such as" clauses are legally meaningless.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I agree. I just wish I was in a place where I could manage not to use a bank or a credit card. Sad to say, but they have gotten us "sheeple" used to being dependent on both "institutions."

It's gonna get interesting....to say the least.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Now that is something that had not occurred to me. Good observation.

I know that banks can be required to surrender information via court order if it has something to do with an investigation. But lately the Federal Govt has been more and more interested in combing through personal information "just in case" someone is committing a crime. For example, the Fed courts leaning on Google to hand over records of YouTube user's viewing histories "in case" someone has been posting and/or viewing copyrighted material.

With The State more interested in micromanaging day-to-day activities of ordinary citizens, I can see the government wanting to take advantage of the partially nationalized banks to monitor spending habits etc

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is very interesting, and I would not put it past the United States government to be exactly on par with what the OP proposed.

This is primarily the reason cash is still the best form of currency; it cannot be tracked. It is this reason alone that we may be forced to move to electronic currency instead. This a major factor needed for the NWO objective.

The proposed Amero may still give us the ability to keep our purchases untraceable; however, we still do not know what form of currency it might be, and if it will actually be traceable or not.

new topics

top topics

join