It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants a 'stimulus' package'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Apparently, more than two thirds of US residents who participated in a poll on CNN . . .

Results

Now, given that the US government has already 'pledged' more than $7 trillion . . . (for those playing along at home, that's $7,000,000,000,000 . . .
. . .), and that it seems by this poll that more than two thirds of us common folk want our cut, how does Obama and his merry band of Clintonites make this happen?

Are you in favour of a government handout to 'stimulate' the economy?

Who would most benefit from a wad of consumer cash from our fearless and all-so-seeing leaders?

Do you think a 'stimulus package' would work or backfire?

Are you willing to put your kids kids kids kids in hawk in an attempt to regain the standard of living to which most have become accustomed?

Should we let it all fall down and scrounge through the ruins for a rebuilding of our country?

Anyone have answers . . . anyone . . . ANYONE . . . ANYONE . . .

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Wow, another stimulus package, like this hasn't been tried already. I sure am glad the people voted in "change" to DC.

So let me get this straight, I pay the govt a lot of money. Then they in turn spend millions of dollars to turn around and send me a tiny percentage of what I paid them back to me?

I have not been in favor of a stimulus package from any administration. I sure as heck ain't sending it back to the govt. Maybe I'll buy some guns and ammo with it. I bet Obama would love that.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I don't think it's good for the US.

I'd only want them to give the stimulus package because I'm heavily invested in Gold / Foreign Currency and this just speeds up the inflation causing the Gold / Foreign Currency to go up in value.

So I don't think they should.
Sadly people in general are not educated and think more cash being pumped into the economy is good. Then they see the gas price / food price go up and complain.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by kenji4861]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I'd like another stimulus package. The last one didn't allow me to buy the gun I wanted.

But, seriously, that last stimulus package for the individual taxpayers like me just let us get back some of what had already been stolen from us. But somehow I feel I will have to pay back what was mine in the first place, taken from me and then given back to me. If not me, then my children's children's children.

new topics

top topics

join