It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it with Royalty? Why do we perpetuate their lifestyle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It just annoys me. Yes, I am French descent but wtf is it with royalty?

They are born into priviledge and great wealth. They live off of the taxes of the little people.

I saw a program on Fox where all the who's who flew in for the Prince of Monoco's birthday. I felt so nauseated. I was dry reaching for days. The opulence and decadence was astounding.

WTF is it? Why do we give individuals a grand life while we live off their scraps?

What is it with our mentality? How did it happen?

The way I see it is those in feudal times who killed the most people and took power still retain it?

Why do we still today, bow down to these people?

They are human beings, just like us. What makes them so special?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Personally I have no problem with royalty. So long as they own their own business empires and whatnot.

Besides, none royal rich folks and even diplomatic functions (such as the APEC summit) indulge in some kind of frivolity.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well perhaps your more tolerant than I? But when I see the way they live and how people bow down to them.. I just can't get my head around it.

Royalty sickens me... if you had seen the program on Fox you would have felt sick.

Pathetic. I am all for a Republic in Australia... get rid of the Monarchy and power to the people

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I completely agree with the OP.

Along with the whole "royalty" thing there is also the same admiration of celebrities, mainly here in the U.S.

The only thing that makes these people seem any more exciting or important than us is the fact that society perpetuates it and allow themselves to be taken in by the facade of these people. Britney Spears having a baby and being a crazy mother is no different than Billy-Sue down the road having a baby and being a crazy mother just as prince Charles doesn't deserve any more respect for just being a human being than the rest of us.

Sheesh don't even get me started on this whole world of celebrity and royalty and rich blood and people who do nothing but are treated as gods on Earth.

[edit on 11/26/2008 by xxblackoctoberxx]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
You want to be in the UK and see how the sheeple deprecate and grovel to these self proclaimed gods. You know what is said, why we in the UK should keep them? Because they bring in the tourists and would affect our economy! Yeah, my life just wouldn’t be worth zip if it wasn’t for those leeches. Its also with noting that the Queen (bless) is the defender of the faith as was proclaimed by her blood relative Henry the 8th, when he wanted to shag as many young girls as possible and the Pope wasn’t too please with this. So what does a self serving monarch do? He only declares himself as a divine ruler and gives himself the right to shag as many young girls as he can (in-between murder that is). Yes, there’s a rich heritage for the Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha family, oh didn’t you know our German family aka the Windsor’s only changed their name in 1917. Well, Mr. Spin thought that having a German name (being German descendants) was not a good thing for the family given that the British subjects had lost millions in a rum war with,,,,,,,, errrr the Germans and given their NWO standing, it wouldn’t serve them very well as they helped to propel the same Sheeple into another war with Germany in the not to distant future! Yes, it makes one proud to see all the British sheeple bend their knees to the Royals. (Ones eyes moisten ………to the strains of ‘land of hope and glory’…………..)

Oh BTW I’m not a royalist

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
I am all for a Republic in Australia... get rid of the Monarchy and power to the people

Western civilisation is based on a pyramid class structure, and monarchy is just a symptom of this. If you want to be a part of something better, you need to leave the pyramid, reconnect with family and community, and serve nature rather than nation.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I don't hate the elite because one day I know I will become one of them.
Besides, Monaco is a very wealthy, tax-free state so it's really none of your business what they do with their riches.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
It just annoys me. Yes, I am French descent but wtf is it with royalty?

They are born into priviledge and great wealth. They live off of the taxes of the little people.

I saw a program on Fox where all the who's who flew in for the Prince of Monoco's birthday. I felt so nauseated. I was dry reaching for days. The opulence and decadence was astounding.

WTF is it? Why do we give individuals a grand life while we live off their scraps?

What is it with our mentality? How did it happen?

The way I see it is those in feudal times who killed the most people and took power still retain it?

Why do we still today, bow down to these people?

They are human beings, just like us. What makes them so special?

i wish to point out that the crown property the royals gave up in exchange for the civil list brings in more income that the civil list pays out

and also the civil list recompenses the royals for work done - opening ceremonies and travel to these - etc

en.wikipedia.org...

to quote from above

On George III's accession, he ended hereditary revenues of Crown lands when he surrendered the Crown Estate to Parliament in return for a fixed civil list payment and the income retained from the Duchy of Lancaster. The King surrendered to Parliamentary control the hereditary excise duties, post office revenues, and 'the small branches' of Hereditary Revenue including rents of the Crown lands in England, (which amounted to about £11,000) and was granted a Civil List annuity of £800,000 for the support of his household and the expenses of Civil Government, subject to the payment of certain annuities to members of the royal family. Although the King had retained large Hereditary Revenues, his income proved insufficient for his charged expenses because he used the privilege to reward supporters with bribes and gifts.[3] Debts amounting to over £3 million over the course of George's reign were paid by Parliament, and the Civil List annuity was then increased from time to time.[4]

end of quote

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
3 Steps to Outlaw Money

1. TELL everyone "government issues free money, everything's free".

2. Take only what's necessary from the stores without paying. If stopped, return to 1 above.

3. STOP paying utilities, taxes etc to "force" government to provide everything freely because government issues free money anyway.

NOW copy and paste this everywhere you can. EMAIL this. It's fight back time NOW or never!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
and this one

uk.answers.yahoo.com...

Elected presidedents generally cost more. The President of Italy for example costs the Italian people almost twice as much as the royal family costs us. We would not be any better off financially if we had an elected president, and probably considerably worse.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
-Denis Diderot

join