It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution is better at art then you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I know this is a heated topic but here we go anyway lol.. i study figure drawing and it is one of the most challenging subjects in art. (and im not even dealing with the complexity of organ function,dna,cells ect ect) It just strikes me as strange that a chaotic thrashing of chance forces constructed something with such amazing form and complex mechanical structures. Try it for yourself. try drawing the head,the hands or if you feel up to it the whole body. Its really hard even with a consciouss brain, reason, and amazing powers of observation to recreate on paper the dynamic human structure... even with a picture to copy off of it is extremely difficult. and with no thought at all natural processes made the real thing.. even with out any idea of what it was making! Its also strange that the things we know are made by intelligent forces like cars,houses, or a plane are simple to draw in comparison to the body and are even far more crude in design then the human body. Its strange that me being an aware learning consciouss being has to work so hard and study so much to recreate a 2D crude version of what a freak occurance can do with not a single concept sketch to start from

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I think the quality of one's art is a reflection of that individuals state of mind. How about Da Vinci, he produced amazing replicas of the human body on paper.

Or Autistic savants, who can somehow reproduce entire cityscapes with amazing accuracy all from photographic memory.

Personally I feel that all is one, and since nature can produce amazing things, man can produce amazing things if he can only realize his oneness.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 8bitbreakfast

This is one of the more common strawman arguments, up there with the watchmaker strawman.

Art is as complex as it is because it is designed by intelligence, that's a fact. However, it isn't alive. It doesn't reproduce with evermore variant generations as time goes by.

The blind system of mutation and natural selection has been demonstrated in simulations to be capable of creating more complicated and intricate systems than intelligence.

This may help explain.

More simulations.
nz.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
yes im terrible at art

my imagination is more then willing and capable but my hands let me down when it comes to pouring out on paper ^_^

it takes practice and i dont feel like it

READ THIS
This video is NOT meant to be an accurate representation of evolution, as evolution does not have a predetermined goal (though there is the goal to reproduce). This video is meant to test one simple point, that

RANDOM MUTATION +
NON-RANDOM SELECTION =
VERY IMPROBABLE RESULT.

yes evolution is quite reasonable at art well recreating southpark like characters anyway

[edit on 25/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
And yes, evolution is a far better artist than me! Than I ever could be.

...even though I draw a mean hand

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
i can draw a bath and paint a wall does that count?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

GW and Noobfun...

You two are up early...working?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I'm unemployed atm. I'm up at 2:30am because I have a screwed up circadian rhythm (I'm nocturnal).

[edit on 25/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
just drinking coffee and smoking to much

like normal

early its 1:30pm

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 8bitbreakfast

I'm with you...lean to the devine for the complexity!

OT

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

u otta quit that you know

OT

I'm having Dunkin Donuts coffee...heard of that? GOOD!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I know....

You keep changing that Avatar!

OT

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Hey, speaking of coffee...isn't their antibiotics in there?

Doesn't Macroevolution require change across phylogenetic boundaries?

Bacteria?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

OT which do you think displays the allpowerful all knowing god better?

he wiggled his nose pointed called out abracadabra and made things appear

or

decideding that would just be unimagantive and not really demonstrate how all powerful he was he decided to kick start a chain of events that so far have lasted over 14 million years and that chain of events lead to the creation of everything and is still on going, god invented everything not directly becasue thats dull but by a ginat dominoe effect showing just how allknowing and all powerful he is

creating a chain of events that all lead to the universe and life as we know it sure makes god seem a lot more impressive even to an athiest like me then he him just saying abrocadabra

plus the original god then has to run around and create massive lies and decptions to fool science and logic .... if i beleived there was a god i wouldnt want mine to be a liar

it only makes him less god like

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

OT votes for

Sith dude!

3 lines i mean

[edit on 25-11-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Good point....

Cept for the nose thing!!!Could you imagine the size of the boooogers?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Sith dude? No way man, V is waaay cooler. V is like patriotism incarnate. It doesn't get cooler than that.

Cept for the nose thing!!!Could you imagine the size of the buggers?

Buggers? You mean people running around having butt sex? I think you mean boogers.

[edit on 25/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Yeah, he's kinda cool!!

Scary though...glad he's on our side!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

You guys like Rodrigo Mendoza, my Avatar?

OT
thx, fixed spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join