It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man on wire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I watched this movie over the weekend & was awestruck at the size of the WTC cladding as it was lifted by cranes during the towers construction.

Though I watched the movie because it had a very good rating & so watched it because it was a very good story of a true event, I couldnt help but notice the sheer size & width and obvious strength the outer structure of the towers must have had. Just looking at it I couldnt imagine an aluminum plane piercing it for a second. I mean this is steel obviously several feet thick?

If you throw a rolled up ball at a brick, I dont care how much velocity it has, it bounces off. So what gives with the official story of 9/11??

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 25-11-2008 by Nonchalant]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Hi there - I watched this excellent film last weekend and was struck by the very same thing. The footage showing the construction of the towers to me showed both what beautiful buildings these were but also how impressively robust they looked, the construction that went into these made them look like anything short of a nuclear blast would have bounced off..

Tragic in every sense of the word.

If you get the opportunity to watch this film you should, great story and great footage of the Twin Towers.

berth

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

Not for nothing but I think you might also remember that that aluminum had a collective weight of 90 tons. Enough weight to pierce the outside of the building(go all the way thru it for that matter).

I agree though the idea that it could do anything to the core seems impossible when looking at the gigantic columns.

On your other point about the beauty and strength that the buildings had and represented I have said it before and I'll say it again..I'll never be able to understand why the buildings were not just replaced, bigger and safer from attack of any kind.

Those buildings represented the USA, anyone on the planet could see them and know what they were. In movies they would be depicted after gigantic natural disasters , depicted thousands of years into the future after the states were not even inhabited...and now there gone. To be replaced by "The freedom towers" which to me is nothing more than a grand representation of the sickness that took place afterwords Homeland Security, Patriot Act, Torture in the name of freedom, war on terror. Not to mention its almost ten years after the fact and still no nothing down at WTC. (Except for 7 go figure)

new topics

join