It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't the just "bail-out" the people of America???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Why can't they give every person in America $1,000,000.00 and let us bail ourselves out? Sounds like it would be a whole lot cheaper than spending trillions of dollars bailing out large companies that will need to be bailed-out again next year! Let us get out of debt, buy our homes and educate our children. Just a thought..........

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Wow! that would be insane...

we'd see some hyper inflation as people don't care as much about money...

If you had a billion (or a million), whats to stop you from paying 20 bucks for a loaf of bread... or 10/gallon for gas?

Inflation would be exponential!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
because the government does not care about the people

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
What would a dollar be worth then? 10 cents? Five?
Don't people understand the basics of currency or commerce?
Printing worthless paper and piling it onto the economy is how this mess started.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
well it does pee me off that those in authority just aren't very smart. This kind of crisis needs decisive action.

It is really simple. If every person in the USA gave five dollars in their next pay or sacrificed five dollars out of their welfare just for one week, it would raise enough money to fix the crisis. They could call it the 'ensuring your future' fund.

It really is that simple. Then implement legislation to protect the investments/banks and like in Australia, guarantee money, loans over a certain amount of money, create a safety net with a threshold.

But logic always falls by the wayside in favor for a long drawn own costly debates on how to sort a crisis out. While they are talking about the issue, it is costing the tax payer, thus the individual $

Would I want to ensure my own future in my own country? Absolutely.

I would put in ten dollars.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

I would put in ten dollars.

As a one off payment.....?

Because as a one off payment $10 ain't gonna get anywhere near the money needed.....

Infact $10,000 isn't going to get close to the tax burden laiden on everyone in the US.

Remember too, not everyone will be paying the $10, $10,000 or what ever the sum is; the productive and prudent will pay for the unproductive and prolifigate....

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
If every man woman AND child paid $42,000.00 it would just about allow the U.S. to break even. This would put the citizens twice as far into debt but guess what? The big money folks would still do the same thing again. We'd be back in the same situation in 20 or 30 years. As a matter of fact the bailout by the masses would be seen as an invitation to do it again.
Wake up. This is not about citizens. We are just animals to be used. The people who did this don't care if you prosper or fail. Actually they are counting upon your fairness and generosity. It will give them one more chance to cut your financial throat.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
the money that they (the US) have committed so far to fixing this problem would pay off half the mortages in the US...
if all this is because of the bad mortgages, like they claim, well, if they had aimed all that money at that problem, we probably wouldn't have a problem now...

what's the difference as far as inflation weather the money is given to the little guys, or the banks with instructions to lend it out to the people.....
oh, ya , by going through the banking system, the people go further into debt and the banks earn lots of money!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Marlborough Red

If the popn in America is 301,139,947 (est 2007)? x $5.00

=$1 505 699 735

so that amount wouldn't help?
what about a ten dollar once off payment?

$3 011 399 470

Okay it falls short of 5 trillion but the longer everyone ums and ahs over it, the worse it gets.

Lets say over one month every one puts in ten dollars= 12 trillion dollars

On September 17, Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke advised Secretary of the Treasury Hank Paulson that a large amount of public money would be needed to stabilize the financial system.[41] Short selling on 799 financial stocks was banned on September 19. Companies were also forced to disclose large short positions.[42] The Secretary of the Treasury also indicated that money market funds will create an insurance pool to cover themselves against losses and that the government will buy mortgage-backed securities from banks and investment houses.[42] Initial estimates of the cost of the Treasury bailout proposed by the Bush Administration's draft legislation (as of September 19, 2008) were in the range of $700 billion[43] to $1 trillion U.S. dollars.[44] President George W. Bush asked Congress on September 20, 2008 for the authority to spend as much as $700 billion to purchase troubled mortgage assets and contain the financial crisis.[45][46] The crisis continued when the United States House of Representatives rejected the bill and the Dow Jones took a 777 point plunge.[47] A revised version of the bill was later passed by Congress, but the stock market continued to fall nevertheless.[48] [49]

As of mid-November, it was estimated that the new loans, purchases, and liabilities of the Federal Reserve, the US Treasury, and FDIC, brought on by the financial crisis, totalled over $5 trillion: $1 trillion in loans by the Fed to broker-dealers through the emergency discount window, $1.8 trillion in loans by the Fed through the Term Auction Facility, $700 billion to be raised by the Treasury for the Troubled Assets Relief Program, $200 billion insurance for the GSEs by the Treasury, and $1.5 trillion insurance for unsecured bank debt by FDIC.[50] (Some portion of the Fed's emergency loans would already have been repaid.)
wiki

OMG my 18 yr old Daughter is harrassing me as I respond... "wiki isn't even accepted as a reliable source for assignments"

[edit on 25-11-2008 by Thurisaz]

[edit on 25-11-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marlborough Red

Remember too, not everyone will be paying the $10, $10,000 or what ever the sum is; the productive and prudent will pay for the unproductive and prolifigate....

yeah, I understand the

perhaps it the amount paid could be threshold based, like those who are mega rich could put in more?

well it is a theory...

cheers

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
who going to bail out the america people who lost there jobs?there loans? getting umpolyment that isn't even enough to pay the bills
and than when everyone is homeless who helps them out? putting children out on the street familys, who cares about them? surley not the goverment. they put us here,and we are the ones that suffer loose everything that we the people worked for. we the people who worked hard to get where we were looses no one helps us . this is suspose to america
what happen to the word home of the freedom?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
printing money is all they did to bail out these banks.so if they are going to do it and kill the dollar,let the people who bust their butt everyday just scraping by get it.no matter how you look at all they did was print money to give out.
so they would rather let these high ups that have all kinds of money already get richer,and drive up the price on everything,than help me keep a job or my house.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

Simple really.
If everyone got a check monday for 1,000,000.00 how many people would show up for work?
The nation would come to a grinding hault.

That and what super slovak said, they don't give a damn about us.

top topics

join