It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all one?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I hear alot about being one with the universe and one with each other. Its the reason we should love and respect each other and the earth ect ect because we are all one. That our feelings of being seperate are an illusion. and that this world is an illusion.Is this condition really needed to respect and love each other? Im not you and youre not me. i am not the trees and youre not the ocean. And what does seeing this world as an illusion have to do with making it better? Is meditating yourself into another dimension or astral plane really resolving any social issues? perhaps recognizing we are independent and uniquely made isnt an illusion but an amazing reality. And realizing that though there are indeed heavenly realms and a spirtual nature and we carry sin and righteousness and the conditions of our souls into the life after the body, that we are to seek the things of the spirit now for the peace and direction of our lives here. that spirtual enlightenment is not the emptying of the mind and the cares of this world but of meditating on and planting into our heart and minds the things that change our attitudes and habitual natures. we live on this very real earth.. in these wonderfully and fearfully made and very real bodies. I am not you and you are not me.. i can agree with a unity that can exist among a body of people.. but i am not you and you are not me and thats awesome.The things that will bring real change do not require crystals. chakras, special diets. hours of empty minded self induced relaxation or lofty spritual ponderings but to love GOD first and our neighbors as ourself. To put the needs of others before our own desires. to make time for people, to provide warmth and an ecouraging word to the broken hearted and hurting. You are closer to GOD loving the unlovable then you are in the deepest of meditations.

and yes ive seen what the bleep so dont advise me to watch it lol

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 8bitbreakfast

Now that is a brilliant post. Glad to see somebody getting it. There is definitely information in pondering the internal through meditation. However, meditation can sometimes exclude the external which is equally valid. Service towards others is ultimately a path that necessitates equality.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 8bitbreakfast

And loving some God won't do it either.

I think you have to take all things sitting back, and looking from the outside. People interpret things via what they know due to their life experiences, and they do often think they are suppose to float away on a spiritual life. Truth is playing video games all day is just as pointless as meditating all day to escape the physical life.

It is important to know that connection. It helps us make better choices because we feel what we truly are. However, living in that place all the time, or most of the time, doesn't get anything here done at all.

Balance is always important in all things. It's like the law of the universe. If you look around, it's very apparent that a kind of harmony exist due to a constant balancing of the systems around us. The only thing on this planet not balanced is humans. If we find that balance we take that next evolutionary step in our physical existence.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Maybe we are all one. We are all united in the cosmic energy, matter and vacuum, light and darkness. It is all interconnected and each and every one of us is the universe itself observing itself.

...of course there might be other universes out there.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I do not mean to sound bad, but i sometimes would rather not be associated with other humans, and saying i am like them.

Does no one else feel that too?

[edit on 11/25/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This subject is easier to grasp once you have become familiar with the mandelbrot set.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Think of it this way, you are not the ocean. But consider what happens when a coral reef dies. All life around it will be forced to migrate or die with it.

Now think about the bees that are vanishing from existence, what do you think would happen if they became extinct?

[edit on 25-11-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitbreakfast
I hear alot about being one with the universe and one with each other. Its the reason we should love and respect each other and the earth ect ect because we are all one. That our feelings of being seperate are an illusion. and that this world is an illusion.Is this condition really needed to respect and love each other? Im not you and youre not me. i am not the trees and youre not the ocean. And what does seeing this world as an illusion have to do with making it better? Is meditating yourself into another dimension or astral plane really resolving any social issues? perhaps recognizing we are independent and uniquely made isnt an illusion but an amazing reality. And realizing that though there are indeed heavenly realms and a spirtual nature and we carry sin and righteousness and the conditions of our souls into the life after the body, that we are to seek the things of the spirit now for the peace and direction of our lives here. that spirtual enlightenment is not the emptying of the mind and the cares of this world but of meditating on and planting into our heart and minds the things that change our attitudes and habitual natures. we live on this very real earth.. in these wonderfully and fearfully made and very real bodies. I am not you and you are not me.. i can agree with a unity that can exist among a body of people.. but i am not you and you are not me and thats awesome.The things that will bring real change do not require crystals. chakras, special diets. hours of empty minded self induced relaxation or lofty spritual ponderings but to love GOD first and our neighbors as ourself. To put the needs of others before our own desires. to make time for people, to provide warmth and an ecouraging word to the broken hearted and hurting. You are closer to GOD loving the unlovable then you are in the deepest of meditations.

and yes ive seen what the bleep so dont advise me to watch it lol

Modern physics disagrees with you, as does physics of 100 years ago.

Relate the double slit experiment to your rock and dirt reality.

Heck, even explain the double slit.

Explain why light is a wave and particle, or is it just a particle riding a wave, do you even know the answer?

I understand your need to simplify everything into an existence of solitude and uniqueness but by doing that you are collapsing wave possibilities that could show you another side of this world you may not even be ready for.

Do you know that there are two realities existing at the same time, and you can only see one of them by shifting your perspective of the world.

Welcome to the new reality. It sounds as though you are going to have a long road ahead, but don't fret, the path to enlightenment is a journey in and of itself.

We await your arrival, all of you.

Aum

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The double slit experiment becomes a different outcome when there is an observer.

Could this be the illusion of our physical reality that you speak of?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
The double slit experiment becomes a different outcome when there is an observer.

Could this be the illusion of our physical reality that you speak of?

Not a different outcome. The outcome observed was always happening.

A singular outcome.

The wave of possibility collapses and the particle can only exist in one place.

Therefore only a singular outcome can be observed.

The observer does not affect the particle, only the particles location on the possibility wave.

This does not prove anything grand other than, there are infinite possibilities, and our observation of outcomes brings one into focus. As a collective, there are many outcomes for us, however, as a collective, we have the ability to collapse that possible wave towards our cumulative mindset, or perspective of outcomes, by shifting perspective of personal outcomes, one can change the location of particles on the possibility wave, creating the desired outcome.

The challenge you will face, is controlling your desires.

A negative thought will collapse a wave into a negative outcome, and vice versa.

Thus, love and harmony, feelings of success and happiness, can literally collapse the possibility wave with the particle landing directly in the desired area, further creating the feelings of love, harmony, success and happiness. It is a circle that begins with a positive thought and outcome and snowballs.

It is the idea of karma, a negative thought begets a negative outcome, somewhere in the universe. Thereby, you can turn the other cheek, as all falsely worshiped idols have instructed, and break the cycle of karma, thereby creating a positive universe. Adding a positive thought will go the extra mile to turn that bad karma chain, into a good karma chain.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
intelligent life.I am very familiar with physics and the double slit experiment but i fail to see how that makes us all one or even how that leads to enlighenment. Im a laymen but im up to date with the signifigance of the new physics and the way it has over turned the mighty pillar of newtonian physics. I know about heisenberg, Schroedinger, Plank, and Eddington i know about the stange happenings of "spooky" physics like action at a distance ect ect and the huge debate in that field of whether or not that these findings point to the mystical . I can see that there is a weaving of sorts a deep connection but i still advocate that my consciousness and what i understand as me is never going to merge with someone elses.nor does it require deep journeys of mystical pondering to take a real step forward. i believe we are as beings distinct and seperate.. this doesnt exclude intimacy or prevent us from comming together for a common goal but i am unique in my role as are others in theirs.You shouldnt be so quick to equate a different opinon from yours as ignorance. You have no idea the roads ive travelled and ive travelled long and far down the road of quantum questions and while interesting i doubt very much its going to bring the "evolution" youre expecting. I am in no way against science.. i love science my life relys on science.. cars, insulin, my computer, lights ect ect ect. But for all these advancments all the libraries stacked to the roof with discovery and achievements we all still act on violence and strife. we still lie to cover up our wrongs.. we take things that dont belong to us with feelings of entitlement we cheat on our spouses because we cant control our own lusts..these are the very root of our world crisis. if you want to see us evolve it doesnt take fractals or double slit experiments as much as it doesnt take esp or dimensional travel it simply requires us getting over ourselves.. thats it.. that simple.. get over our own fears of going with out. But thats good news! you dont have to wait for some great awakening change is as simple as being concerned more with others more then with your own wants. and thats really the point of the original post we equate enlightenment with these far off things.. these deep things.. for some its in the astral planes for you its "the new reality" But people have been making this a better world long before quantum physics because its not needed to slove the problems we have.And saying be nice to each other because hes you is like tricking people into thinking its ok to serve him because you are still serving yourself. So why you sit on your lofty NEW REALITY waiting for our arrival realize that while your way up there so far ahead of us people of all intellectual standings are doing more to help their neighbors and affect real change around them by simple, down to earth acts of kindness and service.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Its so strange how people try to weave in these heady quantum ideas into simple moral choice. Do we really have to explain why its better to help others or to change negative thoughts in terms of collapsing wave particles
And i promise alot of the people who are actually working on this stuff would laugh at trying to work karma into their science. Karma? good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. I believe that you draw to you bad things if you engage in a questionable lifestyle and that you are apt to experience good if you live your life accordingly.. you reap what you sow in your life.. but a scale of deeds.. probably not.. the sun shines on both the righteouss and the wicked and the rain falls on both the righteouss and the wicked.. life is life.. storms come and to be prepared for such things is not a series of good deeds to tip the scale in our favor but to invest our hearts into things that rust and moths cant destroy.Speaking about these things in quantum terms is not evolution.. its applying the vocabulary of a paradigm to a reality we have known for a long time

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I may be wrong but I think that every thing in existance is encompassed with Energy (for lack of a better word)

All forms of "Life", rocks, dust, air, etc.... From the seen to the unseen would not exist with out this "Energy"

Let's just suppose, our "Collective Spiritual Energy" IS the fabric of God.

This would make everything part and particle, of what each established "Religion" refers to as... (and chooses to tag it with a "name",or possibly a "label"), a "GOD"

The innumerable Universes of "All" are connected by mere Fractals.

Within each universe there are other Universes
As in fractals within fractals, no matter how minuscule

Periodically a segment of “All“,
splinters off from where it was.
Mayhap caused from a rupture or a shatter by
another shard moving on It’s trajectory.
It may be on a path that is undetermined , indefinable
or undiscovered. That shard may not be well, so to speak,
or its function is out of kilter.
It may bring another fragment along with it, or more.
It will, without exception ,connect with an impossible
number of fractals and universes.

Thus creating new and different Universes.

"It is as true in morals as in physics that all force is imperishable; therefore the consequences of a human action never cease."
—Tennessee Claflin

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The idea of GOD and or gods is not the same through out the religions. they arent describing the same thing at all. To say we are the fabric of GOD or that nature is apart of GOD is contrary to a biblical concept of GOD being seperate from creation.and that creation reflects attributes of GOD but isnt him. If i draw something it reflects things about my nature but im not one with the drawing.. some religions say that GOD is not knowable while others say he is. The concept of GOD is not different people using different words to say the same thing at all.. most religions say that salvation is within yourself.. that you are one with god making you god... and through meditation you reclaim your godhood. others say good deeds are the key while christianity says you are unable to save yourself because you by your nature do whats wrong most of the time. (notice we have to teach kids not to hit, scream,lie,or steal because with no influence at all they do these things naturaly) so again all is not one

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitbreakfast
The idea of GOD and or gods is not the same through out the religions. they arent describing the same thing at all. To say we are the fabric of GOD or that nature is apart of GOD is contrary to a biblical concept of GOD being seperate from creation.and that creation reflects attributes of GOD but isnt him. If i draw something it reflects things about my nature but im not one with the drawing.. some religions say that GOD is not knowable while others say he is. The concept of GOD is not different people using different words to say the same thing at all.. most religions say that salvation is within yourself.. that you are one with god making you god... and through meditation you reclaim your godhood. others say good deeds are the key while christianity says you are unable to save yourself because you by your nature do whats wrong most of the time. (notice we have to teach kids not to hit, scream,lie,or steal because with no influence at all they do these things naturaly) so again all is not one

Exactly, well mostly. Personally I believe Jesus Christ was an fraud, so I guess you cans see where I am coming from, think of the hypocrisy. God says, there shall be no other Gods before me, in Jesus name we pray, amen. Then of course the whole dying on the cross thing, talk about idolatry the one thing Jesus tells us not to do, yet people carry on putting this mortal fraud above God.

God is every living thing period. The mandelbrot set has infinite levels just as the universe does and it's all tied together with alternate dimensions. We are just a living breathing part of one thing and we are one, there are multiple universes inside our bodies with people who live there, just like you and me or perhaps very similar.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
if we are all apart of GOD how could idolatry exist? there exists nothing but GOD. And Im abit fuzzy on how fractal math concludes we are all one with GOD or each other could you explain further?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I know there is much contraversy around who Jesus was. But i assure you there is more evidence through OT prophecy and apostolic testamony that jesus died and rose again then tiny people living in tiny universes in our fractal body. You can dismiss the evidence of jesus as the messiah if you dont believe in bible prophecy or sin or whatever but at least there is evidence to debate over.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
you can be a wave a particle or a rabbit going down a hole. you can call it enlightened self interest or maybe entanglement - just be kind to each and try not to make anything worse and no matter what you need to make that happen- just do it.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think your title has a typo. Should read: "We are all alone?"

In which I would answer, yes, always.

p.s. wondering what a religious topic is doing in politics forum...

[edit on 25-11-2008 by scientist]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If you postulate or except in any way a GOD

Well then GOD by its very nature is everywhere and everything, if GOD created all , that GOD created must be within or part of GOD, for GOD would be all.

As in Genesis god to Moses

"I am That, I am"

Or the lost gospels of Jesus namely St Thomas

Jesus saying to his disciples

"If you want to see/find me, pick up a rock, I am there, break a piece of wood I am there, Look in your Neighbours eyes I am there"

all that is is from one, GOD, Energy whatever your name of preference, as non locality has Proven in science...

so

[color=#FFFF33]We are all GOD experiencing itself from different points of view

That is the simple but profound truth, or as Buddha said

[color=#FFFF33]All is Mind

The universal mind if you will but we are all the differant thoughts of it!

Njoy,

Love each other, for when you hate them you hate yourself too.

Elf.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well said 8bit.

If more people would stop placing so much trust in everything but the here, now and the self and understand that whatever "state" one is in...if you don't actually DO something to make the world a better place, nothing changes.

Not stepping on one single ant is far more satisfying and contributory than any religion or meditation can be to the world around me.

6,708,810,000 individuals and counting.....World Clock here

top topics

<<   2 >>

join