It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Golden Dawn & NWO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Last night I was stumbling around on the Internet and going through some old books in the library... I came across a couple of reference relating to The Golden Dawn & Illuminati.

What or more accurately WHO is The Golden Dawn and how do they fit in the Illuminati?

PLease advise.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If you look up to your upper right hand side you will find a search bar that will yield you more than a few threads on The Golden Dawn. Check it out!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm basing this post on the basis that when you say the 'Golden Dawn' you're referring to the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.

I personally don't buy any real connection between the Golden Dawn and the New World Order. I think much of the basis of this belief comes from the role 'Anna Sprengel' figure is said to have played in the establishment of the order. The order came into being with the 'discovery' of super-secret magical manuscripts, although it's also believed that the members had attempted to found the order previously, had no success, and used these manuscripts to create a new start with a new interest.

The 'Anna Sprengel' contact was discovered through translating the documents and William Wynn Westcott, who 'discovered' and 'translated' the documents, allegedly wrote to her and got approval/permission for setting up an order based on the contents. Anna Sprengel was said to be an order or mysterious, super-secret 'behind the scenes' figures like the Illuminati.

One thing that has to be taken into consideration is when and where this all happened. In the 18th and 19th Centuries there had been a massive wave throughout Europe that began to run a fine-toothed comb over the beliefs of the past. This 'past' was romanticised to the extent that, if it didn't exist, then it would be created. Hence a lot of the spurious 'mythologised' ancestry of various 'races' and nations as they exist today. This was also the background where a lot of organisations began to play with the idea of, rather than starting in the back room of a pub last Wednesday, they were really started many hundreds of years ago and are passing on this super-secret baton of knowledge and heritage.

This, in my mind, is the case whether it's Druidry, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, the Masons or the True and Ancient Order of Ice Cream Van Drivers. A recent example is the way wicca had an 'ancient' backstory built-up around it in an attempt to somehow 'validate' the system through some kind of historical legacy.

Some other factors come into play such as the perennial bogeyman of Masonry as many of the Golden Dawn members were Masons or had connections to Masonry in some way.

Now whether the Golden Dawn is in existence now - and therefore plays some sinister part behind the scenes - is open to debate. There's lots of groups now claiming to be the legitimate heirs of the Golden Dawn tradition - particular in America, where 'past' and 'legacy' seem to have a peculiar resonance - but how concrete these links are is open to speculation as 'secret orders' have a tendency to be as unstable (disagreements, splits, off-shoots, revisions) as not so so secret ones.

join