It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama needs two million jobs.How?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Two words

Hydrogen economy.

Put the US to work developing/manufacturing/converting away from oil. Put the infrastructure in place.

Just a thought.

And i agree with this as well, the problem is with what money do we do this with?? It will bankrupt us even further... breadlines, the whole shabang. There should be a profit ceiling for most of these big wig ceo's that got us into this that they have to dump this money they have into other industries like this. We need to twist their arms till they snap off if we must... and if they still dont get it.... beat them with their own arms till they say yes.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Two words

Hydrogen economy.

Put the US to work developing/manufacturing/converting away from oil. Put the infrastructure in place.

Just a thought.

The science isn't complete on hydrogen as an efficient use of energy yet. There are still too many problems that have yet to be addressed, like containment and storage. The tech simply isn't ready and Obama pushing for it to be ready within the next 10 years isn't just going to make it happen.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by no one special

And who has the control of this civilian security force? BTW, if it just happens to be BW, we are in deep SH**!!!!!!!! (I know)

As a veteran of the USMIL, I can say there are lots of faults, but the dedication FAR exceeds the devotion of a highly paid (or lowly paid) civilian security force.

Who will train them?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by no one special

Originally posted by habu71
reply to post by marsha law

Good point and post........From someone who has been at "higher" levels of the USMIL, I cannot see anyway the current structure and authority of the USMIL could successfully be integrated with a "civilian national security force".

The more I think about the implications, the more it scares me (and makes my head hurt).

Well, and i could be wrong, but this civilian millitary force would be paid well and would "be on the winning side" to quote some redneck local cop i know if they were Blackwater?? no? I see them as being very utilized in all of this.. like the Thai black millitary group that was throwing grenades into crowds of 3000 when our banking system crashed there system... there was a post here on it.

BINGO!!!

The Civilian Militatry Force would alone create hundreds of thousands of jobs, maybe a million. You'll see this start to get it's funding as soon as the Depression starts showing it's face.

I don't know the details, but I know this is the only way you create a police state. You get the civilians to do it themselves... And the public will be clueless, that they will just follow along with the program as long as it creates jobs.

Civilian Military = Police State.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsha law
He said how he'd do it in a speech.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-11-2008 by marsha law]

Already started.

www.armytimes.com...

Become a police/military nation to "create jobs" but also give the people no prayer of winning or even starting RW2.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by DarkStar86]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by habu71
reply to post by no one special

And who has the control of this civilian security force? BTW, if it just happens to be BW, we are in deep SH**!!!!!!!! (I know)

As a veteran of the USMIL, I can say there are lots of faults, but the dedication FAR exceeds the devotion of a highly paid (or lowly paid) civilian security force.

Who will train them?

Blackwater! Damn to bad they arn't publicly traded.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
They have to bring manufacturing back to the US. They've got to stop exporting our wealth to other countries for useless crap and substandard goods. We can buy our own useless crap and substandard goods. We've driven anybody who builds quality out of business. We can try ressurecting some of that. They've got to stop giving out quarter million dollar subprime adjustable rate mortgages to people who make minimum wage. They've got to reduce immigration and illegal occupation so that wages can be regulated to a point that people can make a living without having to be on welfare. They've got to stop buying oil from everybody but the US. That money is just re-loaned to us at exhorbitant interest rates to cover the interest we owe on trillions in other loans. They've got to stop giving free rides to people that won't pay their own bills. We've definitely got to get rid of the special interest/big business/military-industrial/fat cat -pork belly lobby that buys our elected officials a rich and famous lifestyle and us a one way ticket to debt. We've got to separate the stock holders desires from the operation of the businesses. A great deal of the companies that have closed in the last 2 decades have done so to make stock portfolios more valuable or to make an ownership organization look more valuable so that wealthy stockholders get a few more points.
We need to get rid of this voodoo economy that thrives on revolving debt, derivatives,speculation and exploitation and get back to production and savings.
We've got to lock up the politicans, stockbrokers and lawyers.
We've got to get some common sense.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

All of this is good thinking, i agree. But i also see us as a world economy, the unfortunate situation with this is if they arent making big profits, they dont invest in america..... pay the american worker top dollar and become more energy efficient with solar, wind, hydrogen, save on those costs and it is possible for everyone to profit well... without low cost energy... this cycle goes on because then for business to profit they have to send labor cost overseas to make them affordable here... cost of everything goes up because of energy in my eyes.. there is energy option out there we need reform.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join