It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up for Samsung LCD HDTV owners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hello all..I have a 46 inch Samsung LCD HDTV that I bought about a year ago, It broke about a week ago and it wont be fixed until December 3rd and the parts are on backorder is what I was told from the Best Buy warranty people.

I just wanted to give everybody a heads up about this problem because I know these TV's are popular. The power supply went bad and before it went bad I would get a clicking sound and a red blinking light.

I recommed that if you are in the market for a tv buy the extended warranty becuase despite the out of service time I cant complain to much because its a free fix with zero money out of my pocket.........

[edit on 24-11-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

I actually logged in to this, and had only a few options to reply here (must be them aliens...)

If you purchased a tv of that kind of size, you must have like some hunnies or something hangin' out at your crib...

I have a 15" tv that I am typing this on (the laptop screen does not work at all, so I have to use my "tv"). I am far enough from the "city" (Cleveland) where my antanae does not work. The only way to get tv where I live is to use cable.

With them aliens in my head and chasing me around, the best bet is to hope that it's not total apocalypse... word out....

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
ha ha

i have a phillips!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Alucard Hellsing

Wouldn't laugh dude.Philips have the worst reliability problems compared to pretty much any manufacturer.Its a big part of the reason why they have pulled their tv lines from the western markets.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Azador

erm...

Probably explains why the first one i bought effed out and had to be replaced, luckily we got a 3 year warranty on the phillips...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have a 42" Samsung plasma for over 2 years now and have never had an issue with it. (knock on wood) It has a few functions to preserve the quality of the screen and I run them every few weeks and I find it helps. After over two years of daily viewing, I've yet to see the slightest of anything being burned into the screen or any other problem. And this is from someone who watches a lot of television and has an xbox360 connected to it as well.

I've been very happy with this television.

The only downfall to it was I bought it during a Boxing day sale a few years ago and the sale was final. When I purchased it I was told it was 1080p, which it is not. It is 1080i though, which is still great. But boys will be boys.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have my Samsung HD LCD in my room and it's great.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Best thing to do if you ever get burn in is to leave your tv on for awhile on poltergeist(snowy static).Works better than all the built in tricks.I was also advised not to run the burn in tricks to much on plasmas.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
No worries here I have 2 Visio's,and they are made about 30 miles away in Irvine,but Samsungs do look cool

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I have a samsung 40" 1080p LCD. never had a problem at all. HD hype is exactly what everyone makes it out to be. Its really good.
Extended warrany's are pricy but might be worth it in the end. Some's luck are better than others I suppose.

top topics

join