It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheeky penguin escapes killer whale.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

A cheeky penguin escaped the jaws of a chasing killer whale by jumping onto a boat of tourists.
For a couple of minutes the group had watched as the whale followed the penguin which kept jumping out out of the water in a bid to get away.
But then the cheeky penguin jumped onto the side of the small inflatable boat, much to the surprise of the passengers.

This is a great vid-what a cheeky penguin!

newslite.tv...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

That was a great vid. I like the look on the faces of the folks in the boat when they realize that an animal larger than their boat just got snookered by his lunch and now he's right below them! One lucky penguin, at least on that day...

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Someone sent that to me at work and it is adorable! I love how the penguin is so casual - he jumps in and makes himself right at home.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ha ha ha! Great video.

Sharp little penguin there, and a survivor. I am left to wonder, did the penguin have no fear of humans due to lack of exposure or exposure, did he perceive them as a lesser threat (by being an unknown) compared to the known and greater threat of the killer whales, or did the survival instinct simply overwhelm any fear of the humans in the boat? Prey animals instinctively identify humans as predators because our eyes are set in the front of our heads for binocular vision, so to me the consideration of WHY the (presumably wild) penguin was willing to jump in the boat and be so close to the humans is quite fascinating.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the video!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Fantastic!

I hadn't seen it b4. The people were only in a rubber dingy, I don't think I would be so relaxed to sit in a small boat while killer whales were hungry...

great video

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Cool vid!
Its all good for the penguin, and I am glad he got away, but my first reaction would be to throw the bugger back in incase the whale spotted it and decided to follow....

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Get on! Smart little penguin

Quite surprised the Whales didn't try to tip the inflatable - mind you I don't think the whales where all that serious about eating him, killer whales are known to play 'cat and mouse' games till they get board and finially eat their pray, I suspect they could of caught the penguin earlier if they had to.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ha. Cool.

I bet those whales were sooo pissed. :bnghd:

penguin-1

"killer" whales- 0

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by karl 12

That was a great vid. I like the look on the faces of the folks in the boat when they realize that an animal larger than their boat just got snookered by his lunch and now he's right below them! One lucky penguin, at least on that day...

ColoradoJens

CJ Thanks for the reply,the video certainly made my day when I saw it!
Penguins rock.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

i thought the killer whale waz going to eat the little penguin he waz so lucky but just remeber dont kill killer whales there just trying to live and thats wat they eat so its not their fualt and dont kill penguin too just remeber dont kill eny animal

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

that is ture i would be scared too but its just a killer whale or killer whales but their just trying to find food to live there really harless when i went to the shamu show in florida (shamu is a whale) it waz sooooooooooooooo cute and really kool they even hade a family eny way see there nice and so are penguins and i know im geting off topic but keep are oceans clean plz so we caln swim in them and so the animals wont get caught in soda pop plastic stuff like that well gtg

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
I bet those whales were sooo pissed. :bnghd:

I don't think I'd like to piss off a Killer whale too much.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
That was one very smart penguin. Smart makes it's own luck.

Cool video. Penguin just jumps on in, and says "howdy, folks, I'm just gonna sit here while those whales go away, thanks"

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

For some odd reason Penguins have no real fear of man. From what I gather because they evolved on the antarctic ice cap away from mankind they haven't developed the ingrained fear of humans most other animals have. Besides polar researchers have pizza.

Smart bird, knew it was in a lot of trouble and decided that them weird hairless ape things would protect it.

top topics

join