It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Nickleback fans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone has got the new one "dead horse" and if so is it worth getting?

Thanks, x

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I like them..I think Leader of Men is probably my favorite song by them but I dont mind listening to them...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
No offense to the poster, but in my OPINION, Nickelback has to be one of the least original/creative rock bands I've heard in the past few years. I have a very strong feeling that much of their music is written to a pre-made layout for selling to the pop masses. It took me a few minutes to find this site again, but I had to post this comparison of Nickelback singles that we're almost EXACTLY the same.

Nickelback Songs are the SAME

I am a musician myself, classically trained as a violinist, taught myself to play guitar, and now do vocals in my current band. It really upsets me to hear Nickelback on the radio because (like many radio hits) they seem to use a pop recipe. Either they lack basic creativity or they're greedy, maybe both?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hey Asala! Of course I Love my Canuck boys!
My son bought the CD, and I think it's worth every penny!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I love nickelback for one reason.They are roadrunners cash cow.
nickelback makes lame made for masses poprock so roadrunner can afford to have some deace bands on their label.Im sorry Asala but those brokenass songs sung by them is so blatantly manufactured to sell records and the sound is so painful that i have to pee on electric fences to numb the pain in my ears.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
lol

I have liked a few of there songs, Not heard a whole load though which is why i was looking at getting the albam,

To behonest i dont put to much thought in to it.. If i like a song and it makes me sing along i buy it,

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by terranlanding

I actually picked up on this a couple of years ago and haven't respected them since then. The link you posted is getting filtered. But those interested can google "nickelback same song" and hit the 1st link.

I noticed it in other songs actually. They reuse a LOT of their music. maybe intentional. maybe not. In the end it's bad either way. Either they're unoriginal enough that they need to reuse music, or they're untalented enough that they don't recognize that they're doing it.

The other day I read an article that had them whining about the lack of good rock bands to tour with. My immediate thought was that maybe you aren't as awesome as you think you are and no one else WANTS to tour with you.

I really liked Nickelback's 1st album - back before they were really well known. The 2nd one started to get a little commercial, but it was pretty OK too. After that I felt like I was hearing music I've already heard.

They used to have an edge that was different than other bands. But they used the same edge too many times and it's dull as hell now IMO. Sorry for the rant. I needed it though.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I say Asala if you like the music and a song then buy the album. You can actually by it for $ 4.00 here. Nickelback's " Dark Horse "

Maybe there's singles out there that you can buy instead of the whole album.

AC/DC recycles their music but I don't hear people complaining.

[edit on 11/25/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Could be that nobody listens to AC/DC anymore. =) I find their music to be rather crap-tastic. No offense to fans...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

I love their older stuff with Bon Scott and " Back In Black " but the rest is worthless to me. I like Nickelback and alot of their songs, but I had no idea about them mixing the same stuff etc... If I like the song a like the song and that's what matters to me. I could care less if Nickelback replayed songs from the 20's. If the song and music is good then it's good. I prefer heavy rock and metal but like all types of music as long as it's good and understandable.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I don't know why the link is busted, and it won't let me edit my post, so...

Google: "Nickelback Songs Same" click on the Web#e link.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

S& M I mean F!

I love women but this song is stirring. I know a lot of women who love it too. Are we are all closet masochists? What drives this need to dominate or for domination? Oh never mind. Just go with it.

new topics

top topics

join