It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is paying for these Bailouts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I keep hearing on the news about all these bailouts. Where is all this money coming from? (they = government)

They didn't have money for Katrina help.
They didn't have money for the border fence.
They say "get over your loss of home ownership" and be under my thumb.
etc....etc

what the hell is NOT going on....for the people, by the people, and of the people?

Where is all this cash is coming from......just taxes?

If so, get ready for one hell of a INCREASE. To pay off 7.5 TRILLIONS of debt.

Brothers and sisters we are in for a ride....IMO

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It is coming from all the hard working people in the system of government we have set up. Thank goodness they love the American people so much. We are truly blessed.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Maybe I grew up in a cave, but it seems thats all governments are LENDING money to bail out their own banks.

Who and where are they lending this money from?

If the banks need helping out, the money sure isn't in their own accounts.

So are the governments just creating more money (That doesnt exist), or is there a source of capital beyond governments and banks?

[edit on 11/24/2008 by corvin77]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
the money is coming from China and other countries. What is happening is the treasury is selling treasury notes. the fed then prints the money to give to the banks. But in the long run to answer your question who is going to pay for the bailouts. US, our kids, their kids and more than likely their kids kids.

And our national debt is not 7.5 trillion its over 10 trillion right now and growing. I've heard estimates that it could reach 14 trillion or higher

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
all this money is coming from the american tax payers.the money is literealy made from thin air backed by US savings bonds, which in turn brings down the value of money that is actually backed by something with value ie,. gold/silver. now this is only my opinion from what i have researched.

i would like to suggest zeitgeist addendum:

video.google.com...

now i know there is alot of contraversy reguading this videos, but i believe what they say about how money is created is dead on. from my own reasearch. i believe that if you are concerend where this money is coming from then you SHOULD watch this movie.but i also suggest you do your own digging as well.

edited to add: a little fact. the value of the american dollar has depreciated 94% since the FEDERAL reserve was NOT passed into law, in either 1909 or 1913. i dont remeber the exact date.i say "NOT" because it was never passed as a law.

[edit on 11/24/2008 by keeff]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well this is where I get confused

the UK government is also "Lending" money for bailouts

and as far as I know, many other governments are too!

Now firstly, If there is one country, with the spare capital (In these times I might add) that can borrow bail-out cash to 2 of the financial supertrengths of the world. They themselves must surely be one major obvious financial superstrength. (I find this option very unlikely)

Now secondly, If the governments are lending from thin air, who are they paying interest back to?

which only leaves us with one last option...an invisible entity/entities thats above/beyond governments and economies, with a bank thats above/beyond all world banks.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I think let me rephrase that question..

What bank, do these bail-out money lenders bank with, if all major global banks, are asking to be bailed out, by their respective govt's, and these governments in turn, lend money, to bail all these major global banks out with?

To complicate matters even further, on top of these bailout funds the governments' are lending, they are also lending towards their respective budget deficits. (When future lending is discussed, there is never a mention of cap on amounts available to lend).

It just seems to me asif there is a source, lending money to governments, thats outside the whole global economic bubble.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

what you are looking for is the FED reserve bank.i think there are about 5 branches all over the world.the FEDERAL bank has no affiliation with any government what so ever. please watch the movie addendum. it explains how money is created.period.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeffthe money is literealy made from thin air

[edit on 11/24/2008 by keeff]

You are broke! 11 trillion in debt is broke! you can not lie away what you owe and you must pay. It does not matter at that point if you put your home in your mamma's name. She owes too!
With Obama it is about 14 trillion by 2018 there fore more on,since no body cares, they just don't want to pay. Soon, you will be paying a chinese person as real property is collected. You should find away to pay. Your country could be lost monetarily and I don't think you want to fight the war from the weak side where you owe and don't want to pay.
Stop, betting the ranch, deny bailout plans and pay up. The more debts you have the more people you owe and some of them you shouldn't do any business with. Don't beleive the hype, see the past and know credit terms aren't gonna help.

My new credit portfolio:
home equity $199000 MORTGAGE VALUE $2,000,000
I.R.A. term balance $500,000 loan Value $900,000
401(k) liquidated through stock lost
Pension liquidated through stock lost
S.S.I (None)

You have nothing to save your home with, the 30 year plan is dead!
I don't know what mortgage they think you want to have but it will equal 2 mil after they do. Deposit double, if you think single is what you are to receive. Donot fire your lawyer you'll need it to chase down your employers liability to losing your salary down on wall street.
It don't look good, perhaps you would like me to reserve a space on the sidewalk for your cardboard box?

[edit on 26-11-2008 by rightwingnut]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rightwingnut

i agree. the whole "credit " system was set up to put everyone into debt/or slave labor. but i think that you may fail to see the whole implications. the USA IS in debt to the FEDERAL reserve. along with EVERY other country int he world. the FED reserve and thier branches supply not just the USA with thier currency, but the entire world. please do watch the video i posted. it has nothing to do with religion like the first video. this video tells how governments "make money". please if you do not agree with how the video says money is created. then please tell me why as not to argue with you, but to expand my own knowledge in the subject.

i do not really understand your derogetory remarks towards "my" mortgage? and "saving me a space on the sidewalk"

[edit on 11/26/2008 by keeff]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I didn't see links to your videos. However, my veiw supports strict restrictions. It's nothing personal against poor, it's just bussiness sense. Before S&L there was B&t. Your money was guaranteed by sound business. Now its your home. You are not stable, your jpb might end or is no real profit growth. You might say they don't pay you enough and so your kind of in a fixed income state.
We've lost because we did not stick to imperialistic terms. I.E. doing bussiness with poor people makes you poor.
I am a force which is saying fight poverty. In the case of loan agents. They made those loans and loss their jobs. Bussiness is not a humane thing, its a thing, hurtingly, a game. Your life is tied to money so it hurts.
I want to fight off poverty. I suggest either mark up assets by extending intrest rates or deny gov subsidized loans. My example of a future credit portfolio exhibits how the bank should fight. You have your loan backer for the gov low priced home, the bank should make you pay every dime you own to cover the expected loss which this present financial crisis shows that will happen doing bussiness like that.

new topics

top topics

join