It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEO collision with Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

An NEO object collided with earth in front of an entire town of witnesses. The collision included a vapor/smoke trail, brilliant flash of light, and shockwaves.

That must have been no fun to witness.

They are still looking for the impact crater. Whatever it was, it was relativly small too.

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by Quest]

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by Quest]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
your link is off. interesting though... how could they have been able to tell if it were small without finding it? haha... and if it were reletively small, there could be no impact crater, or something only like really small.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
how could they have been able to tell if it were small without finding it?

'Cause I can still see the sun.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
i think it's funny that the only thing that the authorities know is that it wasn't a air craft. what is the difference between space junk and a air craft free falling from that high in the atmosphere? sounds like it was just swamp gas if you know what i mean

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The difference is that no air craft went missing. Also Aircraft normally don't carry enough energy to create such a bust of light and shockwaves.

Most likely it was some sort of space rock.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I dont think space rock could cause a shockwave im pretty sure an explosion or implosion of some type would be necessary and the rock couldnt have hit a gasline or anything like that because they would know it went out

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
: D

I thought this thread was about TheNeo falling down.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IQkid
I dont think space rock could cause a shockwave im pretty sure an explosion or implosion of some type would be necessary and the rock couldnt have hit a gasline or anything like that because they would know it went out

meteorites can explode upon entry of the earth's atmosphere. this can cause a shockwave or explosion noise.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Yes they can. I havent seen any pictures of it if there are any.

new topics

top topics

join