It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOL Hacked?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
When my girlfriend went to AOL on the Google Browser, she was alerted that it was a phishing site. So I decided to ping AOL through the command prompt and try to access it directly from the IP to see if it gave the same warning.

It did, and not only that, but I continuously got "Ping Timed Out", yet I could access the site, but it gave a phishing warning.

So I decided to try it on my computer, and I don't get the phishing warning, but I still get an interesting ping result:

c:\> ping www.aol.com

Pinging www.aol.com.websys.akadns.net [64.12.73.25] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Reply from 172.20.149.6: Destination net unreachable.
Reply from 172.20.149.2: Destination net unreachable.
Reply from 172.20.149.6: Destination net unreachable.

Ping statistics for 64.12.73.25:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 3, Lost = 1 (25% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

Any ideas on why it is acting like that?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think that it may be due to AOL upgrading their servers. The AOL software itself is now up to Version 10. That is the America Online customer software that used used by millions of us daily. However, I just went to the AOL Homepage on Internet Explorer 7 through Google. For me, it did not say that AOL was a phishing site. There is a possiblity that AOL may have been hacked and they have already found the intruder. It may also have something to do with the browser that ou are using.

What browser are you using right now?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think hou have some spyware/trojan

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

I use Firefox. The other computer had Google's browser (the google browser is what flagged it for a phishing site).

However, it is no longer being flagged as a phishing site by the google browser, and it is still getting the same results when I ping AOL.com.

I assume it's just a weird occurrence from my ISP.

My bad, nothing to see here.

And if the Anonymous post gets approved:

No, I do not have spyware or a trojan on both of my computers. That definitely was not it.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
AOL just sucks!!! It's not real hacking they just can't program correctly! Outsourced programming nodoubt!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ahh I think you are using Google chrome thing?
I haven't used it yet.
It could be that.
Just type www.aol.com into the url adress bar you cant really go wrong there unless you have some hijacker on your system which diverts it.
There is more complex things that just spyware all sorts of weird # for hijacking browsers java viruses and the like.
In fact im sure adobe flash is a virus.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
Ahh I think you are using Google chrome thing?
I haven't used it yet.
It could be that.
Just type www.aol.com into the url adress bar you cant really go wrong there unless you have some hijacker on your system which diverts it.
There is more complex things that just spyware all sorts of weird # for hijacking browsers java viruses and the like.
In fact im sure adobe flash is a virus.

You can do anything in adobe flash.

new topics

top topics

join