It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Revolution II: What are Americans Waiting For?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The news headlines continue to grow bleak and dreary.

The American economy is in complete disarray. The bailout package now totals over $7.4 trillion dollars, which has resulted in nothing more than injecting way too much capital into the economy and banks consolidating/buying out smaller banks. Ultimately, America has nationalized its financial institutions and given unregulated power to the Treasury Department.

During the Bush Administration, there were countless strikes to civil liberties. Signing statements, executive orders, and various bills signed have encroached on Americans' liberties AND provided more power to the Executive Branch than the Constitution ever intended.

So what gives?

What the hell does it actually take for Americans to become pissed enough to take its country back and revolt against an oppressive government?

Obviously, Americans are waiting for "the last straw" before they say...ok, I've had enough. So what is it? What is your final stand?

Or, are you just willing to sit-back and accept this government as is?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I expected this thread to get a bit more attention/response...

...perhaps Americans aren't nearly as angry as I am.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Oh yeah!, MOF we are angry, maybe all that we want to say may be deleted. I think a few choice words will do. When we get backed in a corner you will see the true Americans fight and give there lives for liberty. I for one stand with your agreement.........

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
i can't think of one single thing to say to answer you question. it's a perfectly valid question and definately suitable to the times we live in. it's hard to say because i have laptop, i have beer, i'm gonna go to school soon, and i love playing guitar.

i know that if we revolt then we'll only kill our communities and waste time. if america is dumbed down then it includes everyone, not just the average joe. the cops are dumb too, they're not going to enforce a police state, lol. yeah maybe for a week. then after that they'll realize they "ain't" got to do anything and things will continue as normal.

TPTB have learned from previous revolutions what it takes to make people angry enough to storm a castle with pitchforks and i'm sure they learned well. that will not happen again.

you can blame it on education all you want but people know what's up. we know our days our numbered and we're just livin it out. if you are looking for revolts then expect it from all the people that lost their homes. not the ones sitting at home.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

I appreciate your comments and response. I know many Americans, just like me, are quite angered.

I do wonder what single activity will finally be the catalyst. At some point, something has to finally happen that sets people off?

A new currency? Closure of US banks? Martial law? Confiscation of firearms?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
if you are looking for revolts then expect it from all the people that lost their homes. not the ones sitting at home.

This makes sense and would answer why we don't see any riots/revolts, as we did in Iceland today, since this global economic meltdown hasn't entirely hit the "average joe and jane" just yet.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
it's not gonna happen. no martial law can change what people want to do. look at hitler. at the height of nazi occupation of france there was but 1 german per square mile. guess who got machine gunned while they were standin around lookin tough? we're all gonna die, we're all gonna get screwed cause people are scum!

who's gonna kill who? do you honestly think america is full of honest, hard working people that will defend their right to sit around and do nothing? it's crook against crook and the crooks are winning get it? no one cares.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The next great revolution will be a war of thought. The victor will as always determine the validity of reality. War and death are never along the path of victory. To win the minds of people is to win the will of nations. Even our own.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

The war of thought can't solve the misery that will accompany deflation or hyper-inflation that will most likely cripple our economy.

I appreciate your perspective though...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Maybe its outcome is the cause.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason

I appreciate your comments and response. I know many Americans, just like me, are quite angered.

I do wonder what single activity will finally be the catalyst. At some point, something has to finally happen that sets people off?

A new currency? Closure of US banks? Martial law? Confiscation of firearms?

I'm sure anyone of those will do the trick, but I must add, even if this does go down, I'm going to live and enjoy my life without fear. If the time comes to grab the guns, I will see you on the front line good buddy, But until let's hit the beach, have a picnic, go for a walk while we keep our eyes open.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
there isn't going to be a revolution. because there's nothing to revolt against. the government is right, the "illuminati" is right, people are retarded sacks of sperm. and yeah that includeds the govt/illuminati, they know it better than eveyrone else.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Ya know, what you say is important...I have to really remind myself that there is nothing I can do about the situation right now. I have to continue living life and keeping those around me calm.

I wish I lived near a beach...would be a great, great idea to take my mind off things.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Warning: For some, this content of this post may be very disturbing. Please ensure little children are out of the room before reading.

The revolution needs martyrs. (imagine that on a recruitment poster!
)

Hear me out on this one:
For a revolution to be successful, a "wave of indignation" must sweep the country. There is a historically well-defined formula to instigate events that will lead to this to happening.

Step 1
First, you need a message. The message must be one that can be easily understood by the average American. It should appeal to the innate and often repressed patriotic zeal of the average American. The message should also appeal to the class biases (i.e. "The rich are out to rob me!") inherent in all unequal societies. Finally, it must be very focused on who it blames and why. There can be no room in the message for moral or rational equivocating.

Step 1b
Identify people within the media who are amiable to our cause and seek them out. Support them as materially as possible without risking their jobs. Their current positions as message multipliers are far more important to the cause than their potential to become "jaded insiders" should they lose their jobs.

Step 2
Secondly, you need to form protest groups that will protest, loudly and constantly, against the government with the same message. Use popular media venues like internet blogs, television, and forums as "message amplifiers."

Use political events like the collapse of our currency, the soaring price of gold, presidential assassinations, and the bankruptcy of our allies as platforms from which to reiterate and reaffirm the validity of our message. Secretly support shadow groups that perform social actions like fire-bombing and political assassinations to further the media exposure of our message.

A point should be reached where not even a day can go by without the average American hearing our message. Even negative press can have positive results when it comes to getting our message out.

Step 3
Organize points of confrontation between your forces and government forces. Organize and widely promote peaceable marches on the White House, the Pentagon, or the Federal Reserve of New York.

The mandate to remain peaceful must be enforced completely. This is critical.

If you have performed Step 2 with the proper intensity, the people with the guns (private security or national guard) will be the scared ones.

You want the government, its protectors, and private corporations to be jumpy and prone to firing the first shot. This is critical.

Now you have the martyrs.

Step 4
Change your message. The calm, considered, and rational message from Step 1 can now be co-opted into a more angry, emotional, and motivated message. The bulk of the American people who were fence-sitting would find themselves morally obliged to take the side of the cause.

Only then can you have the revolution you wanted.

Jon

[edit on 11.25.2008 by Voxel]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Government Schools have taught us all that the government will fix everything that is broken. And that means especially the things that the government has broken.

Incidentally, Homer Simpson is wrong. Beer is not the cause-of and solution-to most of life's problems. It's the State; and it's deliberate.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

Jon, that was an excellent post.

I wonder if guys like Lou Dobbs and Glenn Beck can razzle the crowds from both sides of the political spectrum? Or, do we need fresh voices/fresh faces?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
When people are clever, there is crime. When there is crime, the Government interferes. People are then happy.

When the Government interferes too much, there is legal crime.
Criminals are then as heroes. People are less happy.

People all the while think their happiness is the absolute measure of what is being done for them. Whether it is satisfied. We are forced to be content with an indifferent view of necessary evil. Crime or legal crime. Clever sneak-thieves or arrogant thief masters.

The answer is within morality. People are going to be clever one way or the other. If they are ready to choose correctly they may then not use their cleverness to deceive and get advantage. Rather, they would give advantage to those who are without.

To educate is to win. Never let you schooling interfere with your education.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
reply to post by Voxel

Jon, that was an excellent post.

I wonder if guys like Lou Dobbs and Glenn Beck can razzle the crowds from both sides of the political spectrum? Or, do we need fresh voices/fresh faces?

Thank you.

Most of the people in the media can be "bought" with promises of fame and allusions to deification. * The people in the media are vain enough that they have an innate need to be on the side of the "winner" so that they can say and feel that they were right all along. So the challenge lay in convincing people like Lou Dobbs, Glenn Beck, and others that the revolution has already won.

I don't think we need media personalities to bridge the gap between left and right because I don't think there is any gap at all. There are only Americans with different misconceptions and misunderstandings about the structure of our government, the nature of political power, and the functioning of economies. Once the misconceptions are stripped away, both liberals and conservatives believe in the same core values and ethos enshrined in the constitution. **

By the time revolution is well organized enough for people like you mentioned to be brought into the fold, the "political spectrum" will already have been shown for the artifice that it is by actions of the government itself. Once the people see their government for what it is, they will awake from the ignorant belief that their fellow Americans' ideologies are the primary enemy to our prosperity and freedom.

Jon

NOTES:
* This is precisely the criteria used by the elite to find future presidential candidates. They only pick people with psychopathic personalities (emotionally flat but oddly charismatic) and large egos because those people are easy to entice, easy to ensnare, and, subsequently, easy to control.

** All other political issues exist only as popular opinions given power by virtue of a lame or simply unpublicized rebuttals. These opinions are forced unto the next generation through the federal indoctrination system (schools) either directly or by way of their parents' previous and unquestioned indoctrination.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You don't really expect to be discussed in boards such as this do you? When it happens it will be by a group that has tried the first 2 boxes first (the soap box and the ballot box) the 3rd box (cartridge) should always be a last resort.

Can we still make change with the first 2? I don't know.

But I do know this, any planning done will not be done on open airways for whoever to stumble across.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

understand your predicament but I think 1 of 2 things need to happen

1.) The govt. needs to start taking away the comfort away from american masses. As long as the masses still have jobs so they can still watch their big screen TV's and play video games, they won't care.

2.) I hate to say it. But it seems like everyone is waiting for someone to lead the revolution. The problem with that kind of thinking is though, that if everyone is waiting for a leader, instead of the masses just stepping up to the plate, then nothing will ever be done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join