It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Science of the Future of War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The Science of the Future of War

blog.wired.com

We have already stated several times that all team aggression, all raiding, and all wars are ultimately about resources, even if the combatants aren’t consciously aware of it. All life, in fact, at its most fundamental level is about competition for resources. Evolution has been driven by this competition for billions of years, and today’s animals, plants, bacteria, protozoa, and fungi all exist because they competed successfully with their rivals in the past.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Saw this article on Wired,

After reading the article I noticed that the information that I read I had already known but I just dismissed it *ehhh, another one of these articles* I was kicking myself in the butt 5 minutes later after I realized how important it is for me not to disregard it.

This Should shed some light on the obvious, but as we all know the obvious is not something that we acknowledge easily. Sometimes we have to have it beaten into our head or reminded over and over again so we don't forget.

blog.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yeah, and global warming is going to push the rains about, and with them food. Then there's our addiction to oil. Our complete failure to tackle population control is another. Yes, a very interesting article.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

Kinda surprised anyones paying attention to global warmin pish posh.....Global Warming Scam

But by the way this is a great thread....awesome find!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Averysmallfoxx
reply to post by redled

Kinda surprised anyones paying attention to global warmin pish posh.....

Well, kinda global warming is consensus, not a conspiracy. The conspiracy is the denial group

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
Well, kinda global warming is consensus, not a conspiracy. The conspiracy is the denial group

LOL

You've got quite a bit more research to do on that

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
what about those species which survived only because of a symbiotic relationship with another species?

Life can co-exist with other life...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

You give humanity too much credit.

From what I've observed in my life, human nature becomes very violent when what we want and need is missing from our control.

And it's not so much as global warming as it is climate shift. Some areas of the world warm, some areas cool, some flood, and others turn into deserts. The problem is, we've become so dependent on food, water, and fuel sources being where they are that a shift in supply will screw not only access up, but governing power as well.

Given the nature of governments, I don't suspect they'll give up that power without a war.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I certainly dont disagree with you. We are very much like squirrels hoarding piles of nuts for winter; the bigger the pile, the safer we feel.

But I was simply trying to highlight another side of survival, symbiosis.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
well put friend.well put.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
reply to post by InSpiteOf

You give humanity too much credit.

From what I've observed in my life, human nature becomes very violent when what we want and need is missing from our control.

And it's not so much as global warming as it is climate shift. Some areas of the world warm, some areas cool, some flood, and others turn into deserts. The problem is, we've become so dependent on food, water, and fuel sources being where they are that a shift in supply will screw not only access up, but governing power as well.

Given the nature of governments, I don't suspect they'll give up that power without a war.

right on.... couldn't have been said any better....

sometimes its hard to remember that we as humans forget that culture, religion intolerance, and biased views are based in a world where food supply and resources are plentiful. Once thats taken away our views change as our stomach starts to grumble.

[edit on 11/25/2008 by FoxStriker]

top topics

join