It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hoverboards can it work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
www.hovertech.com...

found this on the internet. the group had another name but is now has a new name. this group is trying to make hoverboards and they claim they will put a video online in the near future which you can see a working prototype.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
It just seems to me that it wouldn't be too fuel efficient and hard to control. I don't know about anyone else, but I expect hoverboards to look like the ones on back to the future.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
yeah but why get a hover car just buy a JSF much more fun!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
that pretty neat, and i really hope it works... perhaps if the gov't would release it's research on electrogravitics they could do a better job and get this done sooner... but who wants to stop using oil? not the government! jerks...

anyway, i know you can buy plans off the internet to build hovercrafts. they're fairly simply, and hard to control (unless you make your own additions), but they do work.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It would sure beat the hell out of a Segway!

Did anyone else notice that Magnecraft on that same link?

It reminds me of that UFO sighting a while back somewhere in middle America... can't remeber where, will edit if I can find it. It involved three or four policemen and an Air Force base or facility that said they didn't have a working radar.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
i can see people crashing into eachother.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I like the concept for the hoverboard. Here is a link to another hoverboard though it's not as high-tech as the hovertech.

www.futurehorizons.net...

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nlive81
i can see people crashing into eachother.

so they'll just be like automobiles... hopefully these things could be classified as aircraft, then not so many asshats would get them.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by icelid
It reminds me of that UFO sighting a while back somewhere in middle America... can't remeber where, will edit if I can find it. It involved three or four policemen and an Air Force base or facility that said they didn't have a working radar.

wasn't that in the uk? about the triangle ufo. i don't remember the name of the place, but i saw a show on discovery about it a few months back

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yup, that was in fact the UK. It was mentioned on the Dis-Chan about it being second to Roswel in UFO activivtes..

Anyway, i hope these expirements work out for the better, wouldn't mind seeing some a Hoverboard around the streets..

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
not only are hoverboards possible, u can build it yourself! just google it and u can find plans for it easily, although i have no clue why u would want to since it's uber slow and hard to control. plus, if u weigh over 200 pounds, you're out of luck

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by icelid
It would sure beat the hell out of a Segway!

Did anyone else notice that Magnecraft on that same link?

Ah, dude I just saw one of those things in the sky last friday...Hoverboards would be cool, but theres no way in hell that i'd be able to afford it.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If only you people did research (no offense) ive been doing research on many different theories and one theory has proven correct so after I get the patent rights it will be likely you may see hoverboards on the street (and no this is not the magnecraft concept or ferrofluid concept)

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well look at this site www.futureh.net it looks like they have a program to get this going.

top topics

join