It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to make an anti-bugging device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I read about this quite a few years ago and have never actually tested it out myself.

You will need:

1 battery powered transister radio.

1 tv switched on loud.

Now heres how it works in theory, 1st you turn your tv up loud, 2nd you take your transister radio, turn it up and start tuning it in. Keep doing this and if you pick up your tv through your radio you are bugged.

Now to find the bug, you walk around the room with the radio until it starts screaching, making a really terrible acoustic noise, the louder and worse the sound gets, the closer you are to the bug.

As said before I have never tried it, only read about it. I do not know if its correct.

This is intended for informational purposes only and if Im breaking any rules in posting it, feel free to remove it instantly.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Horus12]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Nah that wouldn't work.
The bugs don't operate on the low AM/FM frequency's anymore they are microwave digital like cell phones.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
why does this appear in the 'Origins & Creationism Conspiracy Discussion Forum Thread List' listing

unless radiobugs are evolving too, but i dont see unless they are now breeding and mutating

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

Ah well Im only bout 25 years too late

Well it appears they have lol, wasnt supposed to be in this one.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Horus12]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
"Joe Radioshack" may build one in his garage to operate in the broadcast band, nobody else (i.e. gov/le) is ridiculous enough to put a signal where you will stumble upon it. Believe me...Think people who do this for a living don't think about things like that?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Im afaid this is just toooo simple to work better to use an amplified diode detector with a loop ariel . Using a Schottky diode can go to 5 ghz and will demodulate both fm and am wide band, which covers many different types of RF bugging devices and frequencies. It will even pick up Digital transmissions but not demodulate them ie Mobile phone and digital tracking devices. However it wiill also demodulate local FM tansmissions and and airport radar transmissions. As a general RF detector it can be very usefull as a cheap alternative to expensive detection gear

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
1. Wrong forum section.

2. I really doubt people would use commercial radio frequencies for bugs. Mabye back in the 60s or something, but certainly not nowadays. And that doesn't even begin to factor other possibilities; they could send the bug's feed as a digital signal, which you couldn't interpret by listening to it on a radio set. They could encrypt it before sending it, making it nigh impossible to recognize.

If you found a bug with this technique, it would be from a VERY small time operation. Like, an underfunded local police station doing a drug bust or something.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think originally the idea when they did use a similar signal was to cause feedback through the bug in order to locate it because there would then be like a whinny pitch noise like feedback through a microphone, when the receiver approached close to the transmitter same effect of an electric guitar too close to the amp will give back a whinny pitch depending on the amps and guitars quality of course.

But ya now days no chance of it working unless it was a dime store bug planted by a friend or family member.

new topics

top topics

join