It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN´s CTO Miles O´Brien just Admitted He Saw A UFO and believes in them (American Morning)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
While looking for a transcript to the CNN Peter Schiff interview where he was brutally cutoff the air just now I stumbled on to this.

Appearantly Miles O´Brien CTO of CNN just admitted to believing in UFO´s and having seen one himself.

MSM goes ET (again)

Sorry for the large quote

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

CHETRY: Are we all too afraid to speak? The music is scaring us. Go ahead.

JOHNS: All right. Sorry. When it comes to life beyond this planet, there are plenty of skeptics, but also a lot of people who believe. We remember Dennis Kucinich saying he saw a UFO and, years ago, even President Carter. All this week, we're bringing you a special series of "In Search of Aliens" reports. Our space correspondent Miles O'Brien is here.

And you may have found one person who might surprise you who actually believes in extraterrestrial life.

MILES O'BRIEN, CNN CHIEF TECHNOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT CORRESPONDENT: That would be me, yes. Not necessarily the alien part, the UFO part, though. Years ago, I actually saw one myself. I can't explain it. Tell you more about that in just a little bit. Sure was odd, though. You know, a lot of otherwise not so odd witnesses will tell you a similar story.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Well, apparently, it's one of the better flying airplanes.

O'BRIEN (voice-over): Milton Torres is not the kind of guy to tell a tall tale. 20 years in the Air Force, an engineer with a Ph.D., a professor. He's all about brass tacks and left-brain thinking. So, I was all ears when he started talking about his UFO encounter over England in May of 1957.

MILTON TORRES, FORMER AIR FORCE PILOT: I got scrambled one night and my first orders are, you will be ordered to fire on this mission.

O'BRIEN: In just a few minutes, he was over the North Sea in a fighter like this at 31,000 feet traveling nearly the speed of sound. In the dark and in the clouds, Milton saw the strongest signal he had ever seen on his radar screen.

TORRES: Bigger than (BLEEP) the target was there. And the target looked like an aircraft carrier. It was that big on my screen. O'BRIEN: He flew toward it to try and shoot it down.

(on camera): And it takes off like you're just standing still.

TORRES: Like I wasn't even there. Like I wasn't even there. Just gone.

O'BRIEN (voice-over): Milton has no earthly explanation for what he saw.

(on camera): Could it have been a problem with the radar? Could it have been a weather phenomenon? Could it have been a meteor? Any of those things?

TORRES: No, everything was explained to me already.

O'BRIEN: Yes?

TORRES: I knew what it was. It was some design of an aircraft by some space alien.

O'BRIEN (voice-over): Milton Torres says a U.S. intelligence agent ordered him to keep his mouth shut. The odd encounter is one of hundreds of once classified UFO sightings released last month by the British government. It's the sort of disclosure UFO investigators are demanding from the U.S. government.

How would people react?

EDGAR MITCHELL, APOLLO 14 ASTRONAUT: It would be kind of good. It's about time.

O'BRIEN: Former astronaut Edgar Mitchell is the sixth man to walk on the moon and a firm believer that aliens have visited our planet repeatedly. So, I had to ask, why are they coming in these little glancing visits and we haven't had a more meaningful dialogue or contact or attempt to communicate with these?

MITCHELL: Well, I think we have.

O'BRIEN: Really?

MITCHELL: I think we have, but it is not common knowledge.

O'BRIEN: Mitchell told me after he returned to the moon, he was briefed at the Pentagon by a high-ranking officer, whose name he would not reveal, who said the U.S. government does have evidence of alien spacecraft and is keeping it a secret.

MITCHELL: I think the real reason to keep it secret is power and control, controlling whatever technology exists.

O'BRIEN: All of this is fascinating stuff, if it is true, but consider this. There are thousands of sightings of odd, unidentified flying objects reported every year the world over, and yet, no one has produced smoking gun proof of any visits from another planet. So, is there more likely they are some sort of natural phenomena or maybe secret military aircraft or just plain old hoaxes? Maybe, but consider this one. March of 1997, a huge v-shaped craft appears to fly over Phoenix. Among the witnesses, then governor and seasoned pilot Fife Symington.

FIFE SYMINGTON, FORMER ARIZONA GOVERNOR : And I suspect that unless the Defense Department proves us otherwise, that it was probably some form of an alien spacecraft.

O'BRIEN: Or consider this one. Before he became president, even Jimmy Carter saw something strange in the sky over Plains, Georgia.

JIMMY CARTER, FORMER U.S. PRESIDENT: I and about 25 others saw something in the air that changed colors and was round and came and left.

O'BRIEN: Carter doubts what he saw was an alien craft, but most Americans need no convincing. Maybe it comes from movies like "Close Encounters" or maybe art is imitating extraterrestrial life.

(on camera): For those who are skeptical of you, what do you say? Are you saying, open your mind?

TORRES: Be skeptical. Be as skeptical as you want, but by all, don't close your mind.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

O'BRIEN: Who knows, maybe we will soon get the full story. Among the people fascinated by the notion of aliens and UFOs -- the man in charge of Obama's transition team, John Podesta.

Now, in a speech at the National Press Club just a few years ago, he said this, "It is time to open the books on questions that have remained in the dark on the question of government investigations of UFOs. It is time to find out what the truth is, that's really out there."

Can we bring the music back in now?

CHETRY: What if we can't handle the truth?

From CNN American Morning Transcript 11/24/08

Are we being prepared for real now?

[edit on 24-11-2008 by MoonMine]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Already posted here with video

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Oops, then please put me out of my misery says this thread

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine
Appearantly Miles O´Brien CTO of CNN just admitted to believing in UFO´s and having seen one himself.

Are we being prepared for real now?

I think you need to read to what O'Brien said a bit closer From the transcript you quoted...

JOHNS: ...And you may have found one person who might surprise you who actually believes in extraterrestrial life.

MILES O'BRIEN, CNN CHIEF TECHNOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT CORRESPONDENT: That would be me, yes. Not necessarily the alien part, the UFO part, though. Years ago, I actually saw one myself. I can't explain it.

A pragmatic statement on O'Brien's part, recognizing that the "unidentified" in UFO is not a synonym for "alien." If you think this is somehow preparation, you are grasping at straws.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
If you think this is somehow preparation, you are grasping at straws.

Look at the video of the report please. They are gradually positioning Alien life into Mainstream, no doubt about it.

Would a program in this form be shown on main stream a few years back?

Unlikely to show up in any corner but in the Ripley´s Believe It Or Not section

Edit: Sorry this is a duplicate thread

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Would a program in this form be shown on main stream a few years back?

Yes, they would have. Coverage of this goes through fits and starts. Though there are instances where it is ridiculed and mocked, it has also been covered in a serious manner for years in the mainstream media.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Edit: Sorry this is a duplicate thread

No worries. Continue the discussion in the link above.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join