It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff Was Just Kicked Off CNN Live for telling the truth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
It's not uncommon, especially in news, and even more so with breaking news when there can be quite a bit of confusion. And BTW, it was almost certainly not CNN that cut him off -- it would have been done at master control of the company that owned the satellite.

Good point, but...

It was at a highly convenient moment in the interview, and even though your theory is plausible, I really do not think a company like CNN would allow for third party errors like this to happen (at least not frequently).

All we can do is wait for someone to come forward who by accident recorded this, or until it becomes available in the CNN archives.

When it is not up in two days it probably never will....

In which case I am going to email Anderson´s news desk myself and ask for a copy or transcript to be made available.

Who knows....?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I was going to say, you know, it was probably just a technical error. Other people have said similar things on CNN and not been kicked off. I'm sure it was a mistake.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ydfocknowledgeseeker
for a couple years while the super rich spend all the tax dollars up and borrow from other countries to gain all the land , business, and failling banks to become super power slum lords .

Change Dollar to Amero.

I would say that one of the things "Timmy" (New York Federal Reserve Bank President Timothy Geithner) the soon to be Secretary of Treasury of the United States will do is declare a "Force Majeur" on the deficit and legally declare the US Dollar a non-currency.

Oops.

Change´em or lose´em. Buy stuff offshore or exchange your assets into a foreign currency ASAP

Stat.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by MoonMine]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Dude Peter Schiff's Website is down now www.europac.net WTF!!!!!

I was looking for a contact form and it went in overload again....

Wanted to send a message to Mr Schiff about the incident

Feels like some sort of overload on his corporate site, it now just hangs after displaying the initial logo... Is that called a DenialofService thingy?

Schiff´s Corporate Website

Frustrating indeed.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
How does Lou Dobbs get away with shooting off his big opinion. He raves on and nothing happens to him. How does he get to survive....

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by merky

How does Lou Dobbs get away with shooting off his big opinion. He raves on and nothing happens to him. How does he get to survive....

Hey! Let them have their fun okay? Inject reason into conversations afterwards. That is the rule of thumb on ATS.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
anyone found the video yet???

no one recorded this on a DVR system?

i would have, if i wasn't at work when the thread started...

i'm afraid i missed this one, for now...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
Splendid catch MoonMine! Seeing as they cut people off for spreading gnosis to the masses, we should all make at least 10 pamphlets or mini posters about the federal reserve situation and publicly post or give them to strangers or family members who know little to nothing about the fed. Maybe even start chain letters with our families and friends. I think snail mail hand written chain letters would weigh heavier on the psyche than yet another crazy email. Maybe its the excessive hours of online research, but I find it eerily creepy that more people do not understand the nature of what is happening. Maybe hang out in bank lines and public business centers, and just casually shoot the poop with strangers about the FED RES. I brought the issue up with my wells fargo teller the other day, and they kept uneasily looking at their fellow employees and dancing around the subject. It almost seemed as if he knew and believed it but was told it wasnt true and was looking at the other tellers like, 'see, this is what Im talking about' or maybe I was just another crazy guy in the bank and they thought I was dangerous or something. who knows.

exceptional idea. Exactly what ppl should do. Grassroots stuff. And this from someone who is not totally convinced yet by Schiff/Paul (that is to say, I'm praying they're wrong!!)

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

Don't use the word gnosis in that sort of context lol. It isn't just another word for knowledge. If people start using it that way I think I will go nuts.

I agree with what Schiff was saying though. There is this obsession with getting the economy going basically at any cost, and its the reason we have these downturns. We need slower (yes I said it) sustainable growth that doesn't depend on ravinous binging and and later purging, aka bubble burst. The government is way too involved in the economy, it would be nice if they could set certain regulation and sort of be observers.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

Originally posted by ClintK
It's not uncommon, especially in news, and even more so with breaking news when there can be quite a bit of confusion. And BTW, it was almost certainly not CNN that cut him off -- it would have been done at master control of the company that owned the satellite.

Good point, but...

It was at a highly convenient moment in the interview, and even though your theory is plausible, I really do not think a company like CNN would allow for third party errors like this to happen (at least not frequently).

CNN doesn't have any say in it. Either they want the transponder or not. If you want to believe it was deliberate, fine. But then it was deliberate by an employee of the company that owns the satellite, not CNN

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Sorry, Ill try not to use it like that, I was just trying to seed my paragraph with the word so people may like to look up and look into, thats all. Trust me, I know the difference between gnosis and material information
I can just imagine how it read for you, my apologies dear friend.

Just keep in mind, that labels are mere fables, you can paint the truth and stories however you want to, but when IT comes forth, IT IS what IT IS beyond any nomenclature of definition.

[edit on 11/24/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Wow... Never heard of the guy before. The looks on the hosts faces are just priceless. It's like they know they can't really refute what he is saying and they just try to mumble stuff and he just slams them for it.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by warrenb

Wow... Never heard of the guy before. The looks on the hosts faces are just priceless. It's like they know they can't really refute what he is saying and they just try to mumble stuff and he just slams them for it.

If you dont know who Peter Schiff is I recommend you go to youtube and type his name and watch him in action. The guy is a genius and has predicted all of our current situation.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

If you want to listen to Schiff, uncut and his views about what's coming down the pipe, just listen to this podcast...posted on 11/20/2008.

Very troubling times ahead indeed...

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I have to agree. Schiff is great to watch. I am not an expert by any means when it comes to the economy. But when I listen to him explain the problems, the causes, and the potential outcomes, he does so in a way that makes sense. Between him and Ron Paul's recent interviews regarding the economic state, I've actually picked up quite a few tidbits of useful knowledge. I wish those two men were in positions within the government where they could leverage some progress!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Peter Schiff appears to have more brains in his breast pocket than an entire panel of financial "experts".

Watching this crap make sme sick, you have a guy who is being genuine and the media slants public opinion in thier favor by simply talking trash to the guy on air and being over all disrespectful as hell.

The day is coming.

I wonder what would happen if some of these other financial "experts" would actually do thier research instead of practicing their best moronic smiley face when they come on air.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This is a great example of something I've been slowly researching of late: the failure of the news media. For the sake of keeping this on topic, I'll keep this short. Basically there are around 9 aspects, if you will, that members of the media should stick to in order to fulfill their role within our "democracy". Two of those aspects are A) To present well researched information that is factual in nature, and B) To exist as an entity that does not serve the government or corporations in any way. I'm paraphrasing them, but I think those two aspects seem like common sense. We should be able to rely on the news media to be accurate, factual, honest, and responsible to inform us about what is going on.

So when I see the way that Schiff has his honestly basically mocked on these news programs, all I can do is shake my head at the blatant disregard that the TV stations have for what they should be striving to do! Schiff was a guest in each of the clips I watched that were linked on this thread, and each time he was taking some crap from the other guests for his brutally honest (and accurate to this point) statements. Yet the hosts of those shows did nothing to reign in the other guests. You'd think that this guy, with all of the comments that others on the shows made about him being "spot on" with his past comments, would garner a hell of a lot more respect from his fellow so-called experts.

I'm amused by the way the big TV news stations have been giving more and more air time to Schiff, and to Ron Paul since he bowed out of the presidential race. They know these two men are talking about things that are realistic even if they paint a picture of an economic collapse. Yet, if you go back six months, I bet neither of them were given nearly as much attention. Hmmm, why is that?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Already on it. His older interviews are telling, especially with the predictions of the other pundits. They are worried that the Dow dropping 5,000 in one year would be a disaster and it's dropped almost 7,000 already. This is just another lull 11/24/08 in the storm. Stocks will be going down further. It's hard to argue with some of his logic: We save nothing and make nothing yet we expect the rest of the world to keep loaning us money.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by pavil]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

What I don't understand is why he would tell people to save in a time of recession. You don't come out of recession if you save. Unemployment will spike(for all you people complaining about unemployment already being at 6.5% right now). Go ahead and save and hide your money. It will be come of less value and you will only create more problems. That statement just blows me away. I'm actually an undergrad in economics at the university of Wisconsin applying for grad school soon and I have yet to take one class that agrees with the some of the terrible and misleading/uneducated information that I read on this site. Look...as I stated in a different forum today several economists from princeton, Harvard, etc have recently come out and explained in detail as to why Europe is in a much worse situation economically than the United States. They expect china's grow to slow to about 5.5% or maybe even less which may end up being a bigger problem than what we have now because that will send them into a big panic and crush their egos. China relies on the U.S. to buy their products and the U.S relies on china to buy their debt. It's not going to change and China really does need this system.

Now honestly look at what happens when you save. For example Japan had the hardest time trying to get their country to spend their money since the 90's when they hit recession(the japanese are known for not spending and saving) and they ended up being in recession for more than a decade. So if you want unemployment, panic, and everything else then don't spend.

I watch the news, read online articles from various websites and it's funny. You can tell that several of these articles are written just to gain more readers. Just sending people up in agony. Some of these authors are clearly getting their information from bad sources, but then again who wants to read articles that saying everything is perfectly fine. Even though they are not, some of these people are making things out to be Armageddon and they are the people getting the most reads.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingtree

Your point about saving during a recession is, in my opinion, a good one and a logical one. I'm only guessing here, but I am thinking that his goal in advising people to save is a constructive way of telling people not to rely on credit alone.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join