It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lennon Prophecy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The Lennon Prophecy - John Lennon sold his soul to the devil (allegedly)

News Blaze

some of the clues

The Lennon Prophecy alleges that when John Lennon was 20 years old he struck up a deal with the devil. Lennon was to get fame and fortune for 20 years in exchange for his soul. The pact allegedly began December 1960 just before the Beatles played the Town Hall Ballroom in Litherland England. The 20 years were up on December 8, 1980. Mark David Chapman, who claimed to be possessed by demons, murdered John Lennon in New York City.

So is ‘The Lennon Prophecy’ just a guy trying to sell a conspiracy book?

Is it possible that Lennon did sell his soul?

How the hell does someone ‘sell their soul’? It’s not like there is a hotline red phone at every street corner with direct access to ‘the horned fella’ in hell.

Anyone with any 'clues' that point to John Lennon selling his soul?

Would someone who did it really leave clues? I kinda doubt it.

Side note - I would think that if he sold his soul then he got a raw deal - he got stuck being married to Yoko Ono - and that couldn't have been pleasant.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is old news, there are lots of myths like this about many different musicians (mostly rock stars). Just look up Robert Johnson and you should be able to go from there. Led Zeppelin is also another big one since Jimmy Page was heavily into Aleister Crowley.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If you take a moment to read and or listen to Mr. Lennon's words/lyrics, etc. you will likely be as convinced as I am that the whole 'deal with the Devil' thing is nonsense.

Imagine.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Shhhhhh...Don't tell wallstreet or they might find away out of this financial crisis!!!
If they could only figure out how much it will go for on the stock market.

link   
That's ridiculous. I'm John Lennon reincarnated and I say bollocks. People don't need to literally "Sell their soul to the devil" in order to be damned. We do it every day with every dollar we earn or spend. The contract with Satan arrangement..... just too personal, and Satan is kind of grossed out by people....

Let me rephrase the first part.... I "may be" John Lennon reincarnated, and if I was, and I truly did sell my soul to the Devil.... well that's just lame.

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I remember in the early 70s after the Beatles broke up that John converted and became a believer in Jesus Christ and was vocal about his conversion.John was very instrumental in raising this countries consciousness about the Viet Nam war and ending it.He definitely made an enemy of Richard Nixon and the govt in doing so.So in a sense it looks as though he made the bad guys mad about something.Lets hope that counts for something.The Bible says the devil came to kill,steal and destroy and it sounds like he (John) was working against that.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I find some of the claims in this book just to be as insane as the man who killed him

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I didn't see anything that would point in that direction and in fact I have no idea how anyone could even do something like sell their soul. However, being a conspiracy board, I figured it would be interesting to discuss. Seems that even us conspiracy folks don't see a Lennon & the Devil bonding - and we see intrigue everywhere!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bnmssnit

John Lennon converted to Christianity? I think you must be mistaken. I've tried Googling information suggesting he converted, but I've come up empty.

This quote has been attributed to him: "I always remember to thank Jesus for the end of my touring days; if I hadn't said that The Beatles were 'bigger than Jesus' and upset the very Christian Ku Klux Klan, well, Lord, I might still be up there with all the other performing fleas! God bless America. Thank you, Jesus."...but that doesn't make him a Christian.

And, of course, in 1970 he wrote the lyric "I don't believe in Jesus" in his song "God"...but I can't find anything suggesting that he became a Christian, much less was tolerant or sympathetic toward them.

As for the topic of this thread: well, the devil might've given him skills as a collaborative songwriter...Lennon surely couldn't have accomplished what he did without a very talented team of people helping him out (including Paul McCartney, George Martin, Brian Epstein and Geoff Emerick). Certainly Yoko is in league with the devil.

[edit on 26/11/08 by Fuggle]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

a lot of rock musicians did sell their souls to the devil. sounds crazy but its truer than you could ever believe. pick up a copy of 'He came to set the captives free' it is a religious christian book, but i promise you will find it impossible to put down it is more of a peak into occultism than any other book I've ever read. and for the record, U2 has openly talked about deals with the devil look into it its pretty scary. the devil and demons are REAL and if you don't believe it you are one step closer to being deceived by them. Ever heard the smartest thing the devil did was convince the world he doesn't exist.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If the devil were buying souls, there would be adverts on this page and 24X7 free phone calls to get in on the opportunity of a lifetime!

He would be buying in wholesale lots from agents because the demand would be so high. The fact that you don't know where to sign up is proof of concept that it just is not happening.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
"So is ‘The Lennon Prophecy’ just a guy trying to sell a conspiracy book?"

No. About 1976 before a Wings concert thereabouts I met somebody how was at the Town Hall Ballroom in Litherland December 27, 1960 performance. Let's just say that is the most harrowing incident about Beatledom that I've heard. In effect, the audience seemed to go into hysteria, unlike previous performance. I distinctly remember my friend telling me there "was something a vibe in the air kind of hellish." You never forget things like that, EVER!

"Is it possible that Lennon did sell his soul?"

I think so. Writer Garry Patterson when on a radio show, to say if you listen to the the mumbling in the Beatles "Comes Together" you will hear "shoot me, shoot me." That I did not know which compelled my study into the ramifications of backwards masking in the Beatles songs - more so than the "paul is dead" incident. Other evidence, posted by a previous poster - Lennon tried to mitigate his spell by world peace - changing his karma.

"How the hell does someone ‘sell their soul’?"

You can do it, but your meddling in some very black magic! But if you do you will have to pay the piper and when you the devil does collect your payment could be far more grim than your most unimaginable fears. There is also the story that before Lennon's body was incinerated his face made a very eery contortion.

"Anyone with any 'clues' that point to John Lennon selling his soul?"

You gotta do your own homework. One compelling conviction is his "were more popular than jesus christ statement" although taken out of context in March of 1966. Look it up.

"Would someone who did it really leave clues?"

Clues become apparent under the cloak of coincidences but they are pre arranged by the power to whom the person made them. I think Lennon freaked out when the Paul is Dead thing came up because he realized the piper was catching up to collect the rent.

"Side note - I would think that if he sold his soul then he got a raw deal - he got stuck being married to Yoko Ono - and that couldn't have been pleasant."

Let me tell you about the Yoko thing. If you are sincere, and write her in long hand she will write you back. She was the women he loved - get over it.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Side note - I would think that if he sold his soul then he got a raw deal - he got stuck being married to Yoko Ono - and that couldn't have been pleasant.

It was more likely that john liked her for being basic, he seemed pretty down to earth, and seemed to want to know more about the spiritual side of things rather than the glamour of hollywood.

On selling his soul, i think its likely that alot of major music stars do it, and famous people. I just wonder how far those people take it.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
If you take a moment to read and or listen to Mr. Lennon's words/lyrics, etc. you will likely be as convinced as I am that the whole 'deal with the Devil' thing is nonsense.

Imagine.

Imagine is a song that is totally anti christian.

no one liner

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Imagine.

I know what you mean. John Lennon was not evil, he was good.

But taking into consideration...

The Lennon Prophecy puts forth the theory that a 20-year-old Lennon, so disillusioned with a life of sadness and disappointment where he was abandoned by his father and stricken with the death of his mother, entered into a deal with the devil to achieve fame and fortune.

Maybe when he was young and on drugs he did hit a low in life? He did this just before Beatlemania hit after all, so there was no fame and fortune yet. Did a deal with the Devil (consciously or by deception) and then realized later how much poo he was in, and went to the light side instead?

Who knows? Possible though. But then there's the "John was killed because he knew who killed Paul" theory too...

[edit on 15/12/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
How many people here read the book? Just curious. I did. It actually covers these issues and credits infromation to lots of sources that look to be credible. I think the overall finding of the book is not proven. But there are some parts of it that are pretty freaky in that they are hard to explain in a way other than that the devil was involved in this story. Especially the end. Lots of surprising information.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The Lennon Prophecy - John Lennon sold his soul to the devil (allegedly)

News Blaze

some of the clues

The Lennon Prophecy alleges that when John Lennon was 20 years old he struck up a deal with the devil. Lennon was to get fame and fortune for 20 years in exchange for his soul. The pact allegedly began December 1960 just before the Beatles played the Town Hall Ballroom in Litherland England. The 20 years were up on December 8, 1980. Mark David Chapman, who claimed to be possessed by demons, murdered John Lennon in New York City.

So is ‘The Lennon Prophecy’ just a guy trying to sell a conspiracy book?

Is it possible that Lennon did sell his soul?

How the hell does someone ‘sell their soul’? It’s not like there is a hotline red phone at every street corner with direct access to ‘the horned fella’ in hell.

Anyone with any 'clues' that point to John Lennon selling his soul?

Would someone who did it really leave clues? I kinda doubt it.

No, no...John was reincarnated as a walrus and is leaving peacefully somewhere in the Pacific Northwest.

new topics

top topics

join