It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America Feels Like it's Been Ruled by a Foreign Occupier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

As Obama takes over the wreckage this country is in, one can't help but feel like something alien to America has been controlling it these past eight years. The wave of emotion that has erupted with the election of Barack Obama reminds me of the Allied victory in France in WWII. After a long foreign occupation in which foreign German interests occupied the agenda of France, French governance would once again be representing the concerns of it's populace. That hope seems to pervade America after it's long neocons occupation. Here are a few of the parallels that I see.

some of the points

• American Public Opinion Has Been Ignored
  • Core American Values Overturned
  • Basic Infrastructure Neglected
  • National Resources Diverted Overseas
  • Propaganda Tuned Up

Full article

any other parallels that you can find that he missed?

[edit on 24-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yeah. The foreign occupiers are more popularly known by this name: Rednecks.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's not hard to see or at least feel that this country has been run down over the last 8 years. The amazing thing is that is hasn't been only a couple of things.

Think about how much has gone on in the (soon-to-be) past presidency. It's been such a long time and many shocking and tragic things happening. Almost as if that's the tactic of the office.

I've seen innocent people hurl themselves out of a building a hundred stories up and saw my friends and neighbors gear up to go over to a war that has no guidelines.

This has indeed been a long and hard 8 years. And now, on the threshold of a history-making presidency, I think it has to cause to you let out a deep breath. Looking at the myriad of problems and craziness that has occured and hoping that this presidancy will be calmer. Sure, there'll be up and downs, but getting back to a slight bit of normality.

Thank you. Great start to what will be a wonderful thread!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

Just curious, but you mention 8 years several times. Does this mean you believe the problems started only in the last 8 years?

Clinton, Bush Sr, Regean etc all had their share of input into out present problems.

Blaming Bush Jr for everything, would be giving him way too much credit.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Too true. I mention 8 years because it was stated in your start that this preidency was the one we were talking about.

You are correct, not even W could mess up this effectivly, and quickly.

The problems all seem to stem from the "New Deal". Many consiracy theorists point a well thought out finger at that even to the start of all this. But again, if the populace was not so gullibe, would we be here? If we didn't just get shocked into passing the Patriot Act and asked exactly what it entailed... We might be a little bit better off. We need to know more that we are told. This is OUR nation. They are there to help and serve us. Not dominate us.

top topics

join