It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy to Surpress the Truth & Homosexuality

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Yeah THAT made sense!.... Touched a nerve did I?... As for the bible It is a story that was written by man and isn't FACTUAL is all I am saying. If you choose to believe in it, that is your personal choice. In India 1+1=2 , In China 1+1=2 , In Israel 1+1=2 , in the Congo 1+1=2.... 1+1 will ALWAYS =2 because it is a FACT. I can't say "hey what is your opinion on 1+1 ?" Now go to Israel , China , India & the Congo and ask a group of individuals who GOD is?... you will get their OPINIONS , Because NO ONE KNOWS!!! Even Christians and Catholics can't agree! Organized Religion was created for control & division. I don't need another Human telling me what to believe and How to pray , Just as you were upset that I called the Bible a story book that has no historic record. I'm not saying that believing in the Bible is wrong , that is your choice. I'm Simply stating that nothing in the Bible is FACT!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Oh please... Your agenda to suppress the truth in unrighteousness is quite clear. NIV is a liberal translation ! Many I know won't use it because it is too liberal. In King James day effeminate was equal to"homosexual".

You see I am studying for seminary and you will never win this battle as I know truth is on my side. Here is the original Greek.

ἀρσενοκοίτης, ου, ὁ an adult male who practices sexual intercourse with another adult male or a boy homosexual, sodomite, pederast

Friberg, T., Friberg, B., & Miller, N. F. (2000). Vol. 4: Analytical lexicon of the Greek New Testament. Baker's Greek New Testament library (76). Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Books.

deny ignorance

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Sorry Lucid ..so many posts to reply to at once ...I am doing my best along with cooking dinner ..going to Wal Mart for thanksgiving dinner fixens etc ..I am all finished with that for now though ..so
I will go and read it and give my response ..
In the mean time YOU GO FIRST >

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
God is not supporting any nation on the face of the earth today.
Maybe thats why Christ taught his followers to pray for Gods Kingdom to come. All nations today stand condemned in the eyes of God

For God to have abandoned a naton, he would at one time had to be supporting of it, approving of it, and declaring it's inhabitants to be "His People".

I tend to agree with you here Sparky, I think the USA did court Gods favor in that we established it with Christian principles and folks came here largely for religious freedom. People like the Quakers and the Puritans.

I think what MacArthur is getting at is as we have distanced ourselves from those roots and abandoned marriage and traditional values Gods favor has been removed. And the moral sewer we are now living in is a result of that truth suppression.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

you will never win this battle as I know truth is on my side.

I seem to be confused... What is this "Truth" you speak of?... more importantly what is the Lie?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You know I just went and reread all of the posts ..and your all right ...this is pointless ..and no matter how nice anyone tries to be to some of you ...especially those of you who keep claiming to be so peaceful and loving and tolerant ....most of you are none of those things ..you accuse others of not being those things and with the same breath lash out intolerantly towards any other view (Well except for all your followers who star ya for being so TOLERANT ) ................

By the way ..while we are all on word lookup patrol here..why not look up that infamous word ..TOLERANT ....and gives us a lesson as what that word means exactly .....Or is the meaning of that word all changed to suit you too?If so then maybe you need to fill us in on the modern meaning of it ..

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

He trying to obfuscate the meaning of the words in 1 cor 6:9 because the King James used effeminate, no homosexual. In that time period "effeminate" meant a male who acted like a woman in that he had sex with other men. Duh!

I am learning Greek and I know what the translation means. So he can't win in his attempt to suppress the clear truth. He wants to pretend the Bible does not condemn homosexuality - it's highly dishonest.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

For crying out loud!

Look at my first post and then look at the one you just posted:

ἀρσενοκοίτης, ου, ὁ an adult male who practices sexual intercourse with another adult male or a boy homosexual, sodomite, pederast

You CANNOT INCLUDE "homosexual" in the meaning of these Greek words! Or in the KJV translations! There was NO words in the original biblical languages to describe a homosexual, nor a homosexual orientation. Not UNTIL the 19th Century!

The original meaning of these Greek words can only be describing sexual acts. In addition to that, these Greek words were masculine aka the acts of men! Homosexuality applies to both men and women! Therefore they also could not be referring to 'homosexuality' for that reason as well. These words are describing, most likely, a sexual act, and of men specifically.

And lo and behold, what you just posted describes various different sexual acts! So which is it?? Homosexuality or Pederasty??...

That was a big part of my original point. There is so much dissonance and ambiguity on the meaning of 'arsenokoitai' and 'malakoi'... which has lead to various translations and interpretations.

Like I said before in my first post, many Biblical scholars and theologists believe the original meaning:

a male child molester or a male that exploits the young boy prostitute.

As for "effeminacy" literally meaning homosexuality in King James times... absolutely absurd. No credible linguist or historian would agree with your assertion.

In Greek society, effeminacy (Greek: ἀνανδρία – anandria; μαλακία – malakia; Latin: mollites) was a term applied to men who were perceived as having the quality of unmanliness, softness or delicacy, shown by moral weakness, cowardice or a lack of perseverance. It was a condition of failure to live up to the ethical and social standards expected of a male citizen

en.wikipedia.org...(effeminacy)

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Sorry Lucid ..

I will go and read it and give my response ..
In the mean time YOU GO FIRST >

Sorry Simplynoone.

I posted first. You are asking me to give my interpretation to that passage, but I already gave mine for another passage. Share your thoughts on that first so I know you are even willing to discuss my findings to begin with

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Well then you cant use a book written by DAWSON ...or Scientific data written BY SOME MAN >..........or some Animal behaviours noticed in the animal world ..(gay animals ) ....as meaning THEY ARE GAY >.(They are NOT GAY they are just HORNY so get over that already ) ......

Granted, as long as no one uses the writings of Dawson, et al, as the word of 'God'. As to homosexuality in nature, sorry but you are wrong. Seagulls mate for life with only one partner, and homosexuality is observed within the species. This is not the only monogamous species it is observed in. Research, it isn't just for breakfast anymore.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I think you have lost your mind.

Not UNTIL the 19th Century!

LOL - there was no vocabulary word for a homosexual untill the 19th century -- yeah sorry but funny how the scholars that translate the passage do not agree with you. You clearly have a biased agenda to excuse yourself - so why would any one believe you?

They wouldn't unless they have a vested ineterest in truth suppression like you do... It is demonic.

This describes your vain attempts: "all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them"

"adult male who practices sexual intercourse with another adult male" or...

you fail

[edit on 11/24/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I am done. Waste of time.

Talking with you is pointless. You don't even try.

Anyways,

Again, to everyone that ever reads BW's anti-gay hate rants in the future, please remember to do some research on the original contextual meaning of the Biblical Greek meaning of 'arsenokoitai' and 'malakoi'. You will see what I am talking about.

Peace out everyone.

And for you BW, to quote you from another thread:

Fake Christianity is Satan's perfect tool

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Please point out which ones Lucid ...then I am done here ....

This is just getting rediculous and is seriously annoying ..seriously sometimes I can hear yall snarling under your breath (behind the posts)......and can even feel you crawling all around like a snake in the grass with your fangs out ready to BITE ....

I would ask one question Lucid if I may ..since your picking at straws here .Lets just assume then the words used are incorrect ......
Do tell then what on earth they used to call Homosexuals throughout time ?
Since as you all say ..it has existed for eons ...and is so natural and normal in society ...then I am sure that there was something that it was called ..because I am sure it did not fall under the category of Heterosexual either ...
And I am pretty sure that MEN WITH MEN and WOMEN WITH WOMEN rules out what you said about it being misinterpreted .....that rules out Men with Boys too doesnt it >?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

What really fails here is 'organized religion'. It fails in that it promotes discourse and not tolerance and forgiveness. It fails in that it promotes hatred of others and not love of one's neighbor. It fails in that it seeks to control and not promote individual freedom and spiritual discovery. It fails in that it is the true cause of events like 9/11 and not international peace. In short, IT FAILS! Governor Jesse Ventura said it best when he said, "Organized Religion is for the weak minded!" Those who use the Bible as a crutch to support hatred and discourse lack the courage to admit that the real reason for these feelings come from within.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You can all argue till the cows come home about the meaning of the greek words, but you miss the principle behind Gods purpose for man.

The opening book of the Bible tells us: “A man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh.” (Genesis 2:24) The Hebrew word “wife,” according to Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words, “connotes one who is a female human being.” Jesus confirmed that those yoked together in marriage should be “male and female.”—Matthew 19:4.

Thus, God intended marriage to be a permanent and an intimate bond between a man and a woman. Men and women are designed to complement each other so they may be capable of satisfying each other’s emotional, spiritual, and sexual needs and desires.

The Bible is clear: God does not approve of or condone homosexual practices. He also disapproves of people who “consent with those practicing them.” (Romans 1:32)

(Romans 1:32) 32 Although these know full well the righteous decree of God, that those practicing such things are deserving of death, they not only keep on doing them but also consent with those practicing them.

And “marriage” cannot give homosexuality a cloak of respectability. God’s direction that “marriage be honorable among all” precludes homosexual unions, which he considers detestable.—Hebrews 13:4.

(Hebrews 13:4) 4 Let marriage be honorable among all, and the marriage bed be without defilement, for God will judge fornicators and adulterers. . .

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

There is a conspiracy to suppress the truth in unrighteousness and for this reason the wrath of God is being visited upon the earth - quite noticeably in the United States as we have exchanged the truth for a lie beginning with the banning of school prayer in the 1960s and currently with the ACLU's efforts to have wild atheistic speculations exchanged for science.

Are you insane? Do you forget we live in a secular society where man is created equal. We have a right to chose religion and to truly support that freedom the establishment has to be atheist (meaning without theism) so that all are treated equal. Prayer does not belong in schools, "In God we trust" ought not to be a national motto nor should "One nation under God".

If you respected the USA and respected freedom, would would not say these bigoted things.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Paganism was merely a symptom of truth suppression as is todays scientific naturalism and new age occultism.

Paganism existed before Christianity,if anything,it is the pagan faiths that have been suppressed or destroyed altogether.

The rest explains why they should have recognized God - it deals with the denial of Gods existence which is the core issue!

Which God?

They denied God so their hearts were darkened. Now that their hearts are darkened comes the paganism and homosexuality.

Homosexuality,like Paganism,existed before Christianity did.

The cause is truth suppression!

What truth?
The truth of those who have changed the meaning of words in the Bible so they can claim it means/says homosexuality?
The truth of those who don't realize that it is their sins,not the sins of non-believers,that causes their own misery,their own problems?
The truth of those that say God hates homosexuals as well as homosexuality?
The truth of those who teach with venom,hate and bigotry instead of with love,peace and tolerance like Jesus did?

Edit to add....As Lucid has mentioned,the words used to cite homosexuality in the Bible do not translate into homosexuality or sodomite.Lucid gave clear and correct translations of these words and you,in a pathetic attempt to hold onto your bigotry,ignore the facts completely.Do you not think this behaviour is a sin? You are bearing false witness,spreading lies and leading others into ignorance.

In King James day effeminate was equal to"homosexual".

This is incorrect.It was used to describe those who had become soft,weak/womanly or committed acts of self-indulgence.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Please point out which ones Lucid ...then I am done here ....

Sure. It was on:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would ask one question Lucid if I may ..since your picking at straws here

I am not. Go research those two Greek words yourself, as I have done, and you will see this. Understand that all modern translations of those passages are a translation of them. So their meaning, is the meaning.

Lets just assume then the words used are incorrect ......

I am not saying those Greek words are incorrect. I am saying the modern translation of "homosexual" is incorrect. Even some modern translations do not include the word. And the KJV didn't, obviously. So what then did those modern publishers base their interpretation on? "effeminacy" and "sodomite"?? Refer to what I just posted on 'Effeminacy'. Refer to the other thread we were in when I showed how Sodomite comes from the Sodom and Gomorrah story. This story was not about homosexuality in any way shape or form.

Do tell then what on earth they used to call Homosexuals throughout time ?

They didn't. Any credible person in a relevant professional field will justify that. Prior to the 19th century there was no word for it.

They only had words describing sexual acts. The languages the Bible was written in did not have words to describe a homosexual orientation or a 'homosexual'... only sexual acts.

The point being, the words Paul used were describing the sexual acts of men (because the words themselves were masculine linguistically). Automatically excludes it from being a blatant target towards homosexuality itself as it excludes women.

Whether the cultures were aware of the orientation during those times or not is irrelevant to the point. The point is only about what Paul was describing. And the language he used would have only been describing a sexual act of men. As I said earlier, most biblical historians and scholars believe this passage to be describing: a young boy prostitute, and essentially a male that exploits that young boy prostitute. That is Not homosexuality. That is a specific deviant sexually exploitive act of a man. Homosexuality is the sexual orientation of both men and women.

link   
God, as your God.

Never said to take the bible so literally. The bible was written by hundreds of men, over hundreds of years, stories passed on to one man to another.

The stories change once written from one man to the next. Each man has thier own viewpoint. The bible is a concution of all of these awash claims.

Why take the bible so literally bigwhammy?

Religion has it's good merit. But religion has now run it's course. We have to evolve to the next step. We must become awakened. These rules are becoming outdated with time. These commandments will not fit eternity.

My Spiritual guide told, me that homosexuality is apart of humanity and life, for a specific reason. For us to question what it is to be a man, and what it is to be a woman.

The divine is neither woman or man, feminine or Masculine gay or straight. It's just so happens man and woman was created into the human being. Not all animals and organisms need man and female to create their offspring. Homosexuality, transgender, transwhatever is perfectly normal in nature. Homosexuality is widespread in the Animal kingdom. Homosexuality was there long before the bible and it will be long after the bible. It does seem that anyone who destested homosexulity and written in the bible, forced their beliefs into the book. Human's are not perfect, and we do not have the perfect rulebook to this day to tell us what is morally right and what's morally wrong.

The main point, Bighammy projects is fear and hate. Nothing else. This is not progression in any shape make or form. Fear and hate holds you back. So it's not only homosexuality that's holding him back. He's holding himself back.

It will come a day in a few hundred years, where man and woman become one. The divine is just standing back paitently. The day where there is no gender. just the one being with the devine. It will be where the feminie and masculine will combine. But hey that's just my theory.

link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

[We have a right to chose religion and to truly support that freedom the establishment has to be atheist (meaning without theism) so that all are treated equal]

LOL sorry Wolf but I cannot believe you just said that ....I was done with this but I could not help it this time ..I had to make sure that was not what you were claiming ..Or is it ?
Do you really believe that ATHIESTS treat everyone as an equal ?And if the whole of humanity were Athiests they would treat eachother as equals ?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join