It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy to Surpress the Truth & Homosexuality

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

That's actually a good assessment of the situation here. It seems like we have many Christians on ATS describing this angry vengeful God full of wrath and eternal condemnation. Meanwhile, a few other Christians, and non-Christians (but God believing) describe this omnipotent omnipresent All-Loving God. What a contrast! What a juxtaposition. Who do you think would win in a fight?

[edit on 25-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

Tne thing I think that has not been explained is one of the causes of homosexuality, which is "same sex sexual molestation".

Most of the homosexuals I know have been sexually molested as a child, well actually, all of them I know, I too was sexually molested as a child by other male children (I am male),

I am 35 and gay and in all my years I have only met one gay male that claimed to be molested when he was a teenager. He did question if that is where he being gay came from. Of the other thousands I have ever met no others make this claim. Most came from religious homes as that is what is predominant here.

What your post contains is the theoretical views of the "ex gay" movement that was around here which entailed kidnapping one's own family members and submitting them to torture in an attempt to make their gay go way. I know some that went through this and are still gay and for the most part are now looney as a fruitcake baked in the afternoon sun.

Any gays here that feel they are gay because they have been molested?

I found through my own experience and through the experiences of others that the sin of "Lust of the Flesh"

Again this concept of all that has to do with being gay is getting one's jollys off. This is not the case. In other previous postings I know many that have been partnered for 10, 20, 30, 40, years and some longer. I wouldn't see too much lust after they are old and wrinkly. So what do they feel that keeps them together? Could it be love?

Homosexuality is being accepted so much by the world, soon pedophilia will too I fear, the logic they will use is that, pedophiles love little children and desire to have a relationship and they show there love for the child through physical affection, the children of course don't understand what's really going on though sadly.

There just is no proof of this. We are talking about adults and adults. If you are implying that gays are out to abuse children then you are wrong. I raised my own niece and nephew for five years because their mother was out hooked up on drugs and my brother was sick of not having anything for the children to eat.

I let them into my home. I took them to their doctor's appointments. I bought their food, clothing and anything else they needed. My brother is moved away but, I still consider them as being my children as well.

They are well adjusted, my nephew has a girlfriend and is well adjusted and does well in school. My niece does just fine as well. Their mother has chilled out and does spend time with them now.

[edit on 25/11/2008 by toochaos4u]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Probably those who at times show the most characteristics reminiscent of a linch mob. That would be the christians and their need to do what is right[according to their indoctrination].

The believers in God whom are not Christian are much nicer and 'tolerance' is a non-issue.

[edit on 25/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I know quite a few gay people and they are not the "sinful monsters" that all the bible thumpers love to hate. Love is love no matter what the sexes of the participants are. For those of you that believe there can be no love in a homosexual relationship ponder this. I used to do maintenance work for a homosexual couple as they were getting to old to climb about the house fixing the roof and things. Both of these men are in their 70's and have known each other for well over 40 years. Lust has nothing to do with it. They genuinely love each other and function as any straight "old married couple" would. When you're in your 70's your getting wrinkly, ED is probably an issue, and you get grouchier with each other. With those factors involved I don't think that it's the sex that people are after. No matter what the orientation there are always deviants but for the majority of the population that is not the case. If you still only believe that homosexuals are just deviants and perverts then you are closed minded and ignorant. Either way, how does where a person sticks their doodle in the privacy of their own bedroom effect anyone? It doesn't. I honestly believe that if the internet existed during the civil rights movement this board would be full of biblical references and other crap trying to spread fear about that too. People are people no matter what their race or sexual orientation is and they deserve the same treatment and respect as anyone else. All of these posts about homosexuals would be deemed racist and inflammatory if you were writing them about a racial group. Hate is hate no matter how much you people hide behind your bibles and try to justify it. Does anyone remember "love thy neighbor"? or "hate the sin not the sinner"? Christians just like any other organized religions fail to practice what they preach and end up looking like hypocrites. With all of the fear mongering going on lately in regards to homosexuals, and all of the hate speeches thinly veiled in bible verses the Religious conspiracies forum is starting to sound like a KKK rally.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Hi there

You touched on few things that I have always felt to be true.

What Jesus was trying to say that the spiritual part is the most important (maybe the only thing that's important). How can our physical actions really affect God? What's important is in your heart.

People like BigWhammy focuses on the physical part, not spiritual part. Does homosexuality hurt anyone? No. Does it hurt God? Nope.

I would love to see BigWhammy's face when he meets Jesus and Jesus tells him there's nothing wrong with homosexuality.

Another thing.... it's painfully obvious that the Bible is not against homosexuality. You'd have to be blind not to see it.

"If The Doors Of Perception Were Cleansed, Everything Would Appear As It Is" - William Blake

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Also fitting...

"Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read’st black where I read white" - William Blake

*we prolly don't read it day and night, but it's inline with your point

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
BigWhammy, I'd say that by a star count alone, you present yourself as a bigot. (In this thread) Is that really what you were going for? Because you spew hate.
Hate.
Misunderstanding.
Godlessness.

You said you are studying to be a priest?

God help your flock.
God help you.
I'll break down my rigid agnostisicm and pray for you. Hopefully, someone is there to listen.
I'd relate this thread to the moneylenders in the temple, but, the moneylenders actually had a product. You, sir, do not. (MASSIVE FAIL!
)

Just my little 'ole opinion, of course.
Cuhail

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I believe that there is a huge movement in America, that is deliberately spreading disinformation and lies. It is a vast conspiracy, and can be found in the majority of homes in this land. A lot of people contribute to this fraudulent perpetuation as a means of self-reward; of feeling good about ones self 'for being right', and for trying to force others 'to think the way they think'.
They are the gestapo of love.
They will indocrinate and legislate to get us to conform.
Because only by conforming will you be worthy of gods love!
That's right! god doesn't want you to be just anyone! He wants you to be mediocre and self-righteous! He wants neurosis and hypocrisy. He wants tight-mouthed choir-boys and donations by credit cards! But most of all he wants you to discriminate. Thrash people down with your church-sanctioned prejudices!
Now, grab your bibles and your pitchforks, and repeat after me - "No need to think! God will show us the way!". "No need to think! God will show us the way!". "No need to think! God will show us the way!"

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

It's going to be a scandalous priesthood, I think eh. This atheist is praying for his flock, too.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
God is the creator of all things. God created the heavens and the earth. s/He created every living thing in this universe. I believe that god is all loving. God created the pain that gay people have had to endure. It is part of the plan. I believe god placed gay people are here to teach a lesson....but will people learn the lesson god put in front of them. Do you listen to a book that talks of selling daughters into slavery and sacrificing animals or sons? A book that was written by man and called the word of god, edited and manipulated? Do you listen to words of hatred that keep you anchored in a lower dimensional reality? Or do you listen to the words that come from your higher self that tell you to love gay people, words that lift you up to a higher dimension. God is within us. And god is outside of us. Everything IS god. God is much kinder than the bible makes seem. To say that gay people are the wrath of god, why did he make so many of them intelligent, creative and well spoken? If they were the wrath of god then perhaps they would design ugly clothes for the masses, give people nasty hair cuts. If they were a wrath they would not contribute to our society. I don't think god would bestow these gifts to something considered a wrath. If they were a wrath he could have at least gave them claws. The truth will set us free. The truth is that there is only infinite love. That is what god is. Infinite love. Do you condemn that which you do not understand, or do you do what is right and love them for what they are? What would Jesus do? Would he not walk with gay people? Talk with gay people? Would he not wash there feet? Of course he would. He would treat them no different than a straight person. I believe that many people may never learn this valuable lesson to treat all humans as equals. I believe this is gods true test, does your ego hold on to this manufactured belief that someone is less of something because of what they are? I don't believe it, I believe it is humans that have caused this. It is groups within mankind that have confabulated and told lies to manipulate us into a state of separation. We are much more vulnerable as individuals than if we stand together. When we embrace one another and accept one another and love one another, it is then we will be able to stand united as a race. That is true lesson of this planet. We have been taught that we are an individual, to be separate, to be different, to be noticed, to be unique, that is what we were taught. But then certain restrictions are placed that it is wrong to be gay, wrong to be a different religion than Christianity etc But the truth is that we can still stand together in unity and embrace our uniqueness. We are all moving towards the same thing. We all long for unity. We all long for love. We all long for peace. Maybe, just maybe, we stop waiting for it to be given to us and we give it to ourselves. That we give ourselves permission to begin treating everyone as equals. To give ourselves permission that it is okay to love something that is different and to embrace it. When you open your mind, it is then that we learn. A closed mind stays separate and confined. It remains limited. It remains rigid and blocked. If you open your mind and begin to think for yourself, it is then you see the real truth, that we are all the same inside. We are all such magnificent beings. The fact that we exist is truly an awe inspiring phenomenon. Perhaps when we begin seeing ourselves and each other as magnificence, killing and pain will stop. Perhaps we will extend our hand to others, saying "I might not understand why you are they way you are, but I choose to love you." Perhaps when we do this with one another, at that moment, other life forms will finally contact us. Because how can we expect to love some other form of life that is blue or green or has 2 heads, if there are still those individuals in this world who cannot accept another human that is different from themselves

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Either way... even 'effeminacy' is a translation in of itself. From 'malakoi'. 'malakoi' literally means 'soft'. Generally speaking this just meant 'to be of soft moral character'. But when Jesus used them in the Bible he literally did mean 'soft' as he was speaking of certain kind of clothing (which had implications I am sure...I doubt he meant homosexual clothing though )

*edited because I saw your update: yeah I don't agree with many aspects of morality in those Biblical times, so I definitely see your point.

It almost makes you wish the Bible was written in places, somewhere with a sense of unity and respect of fellow man- that would be a book to read.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I kind of hope the OP is right in a sense. I hope the Christian God gets more and more angry and wrathful and sends more and more gays to inhabit the earth. Maybe, just maybe, if there's enough of them, perhaps some Christians might realise gays are not the abominations that so many of them seem to believe.

Also, what I'm interested in with this story is the idea of a continuation of plagues of living things in the bible: Frogs, lice, flies, locusts and homosexuals.

I think that's pretty revealing in itself. Not to mention the general psychology behind 'scapegoating'.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf

It almost makes you wish the Bible was written in places, somewhere with a sense of unity and respect of fellow man- that would be a book to read.

Unity? Humility?

Well inspired hands once wrote a book that fits that description...

Tao Te Ching

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I hope anyone who read my comment about God turning people gay because he's so angry realizes I was being sarcastic. Believing something like that would be insane

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Unity? Humility?

Well inspired hands once wrote a book that fits that description...

Tao Te Ching

I'll have to put it on my "to read" list.

Makes me wish it garnered the popularity as the Bible did.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Include the Gandhi translation of The Bhagavad Gita to that list, and the Indian Santa will give you extra presents this year!

*okay I am done being OT. Just wanted to get two of my favorites out
. Gnite all.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
I.E. - Boy grows up with two male parents and doesn't understand sex, and remains confused for a majority of his life.

I.E. - Boy grows up with two female parents and has spent all of his childhood shopping, gossiping, getting pedicures, and acting feminine. This is almost impossible to prevent.

I.E. - Girl grows up with two male parents. Becomes very Tom-Boy-Like.

I.E. - Girl grows up with two female parents and also like the boy above remains very confused about relationships, sex, and marriage for a long period in their childhood.

I'm not saying these effects are devastating or life threatening, however I am very grateful to be the product of a heterosexual marriage.

From which thumb did you suck this ridiculous assertion? Years and years of study in the psychology and sociology fields? Your opinion is actually laughable.

Several scientific studies disagrees with your absurd assumptions.

The vast consensus of all the studies shows that children of same-sex parents do as well as children whose parents are heterosexual in every way.
In some ways children of same-sex parents actually may have advantages over other family structures.
"Some studies showed that single heterosexual parents' children have more difficulties than children who have parents of the same sex," Perrin says. "They did better in discipline, self-esteem, and had less psychosocial difficulties at home and at school."
Source

More

By Charlotte J. Patterson, PhD

In summary, there is no evidence to suggest that lesbian women or gay men are unfit to be parents or that psychosocial development among children of lesbian women or gay men is compromised relative to that among offspring of heterosexual parents. Not a single study has found children of lesbian or gay parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents. Indeed, the evidence to date suggests that home environments provided by lesbian and gay parents are as likely as those provided by heterosexual parents to support and enable children's psychosocial growth.
Source

Meet the Parents: A Review of the Research on Lesbian and Gay Families
A comprehensive international review of 25 years of research into lesbian and gay parenting written by respected researcher, Jenni Millbank, of the University of Sydney on behalf of GLRL. It shows convincingly that the children of lesbian and gay parents do not demonstrate any important differences in development, happiness, peer relations or adjustment from those of heterosexual parents.

And so on and so forth.

And frankly I know many, many children that have severe psychological problems - but does anyone say it's because of the bad parenting of their heterosexual parents?

Two words. Deny. Ignorance.

[edit on 11/25/08 by Gaspode]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I must say, this is one of the better arguments I've heard from a Christian for prayer in class and abolishment of evolution!

"Say your prayers Johnny or God will make you have sex with men!"
I've had all of you wrong, it's not lack of education, it's a fear of waking up queer!

You put forward that because there are individuals today whom, in the boundless wisdom of bronze age Palestine, partake in immoral acts subjective to that time; homosexuality propagates as one possible manifestation of God's wrath.

This is to say a greater number of immoral actions, precipitates a greater number of homosexuals.

I propose a experiment, in the strictest of sense, to test your assertion!

I will begin by having indiscriminate, meaningless sexual relations (immoral! immoral! *sirens wail*) with as many female partners as I possibly can. I will continue to do so, until you are gay.

It will take time, personal sacrifice on my part clearly, however it should be possible if you are indeed correct. I should be able to accumulate enough immoral acts in totality to effect the level of wrath inflicted overall.

Eventually, after thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of "experiments" (maybe millions!) and careful adherence to the scientific method therein; your number will come up sooner or later!

The experiment concludes when either: you come out of the closet, proving your assertion is factual and homosexuality is derived from immorality and the neglect of God... Or! You die, hetero, in which case you're wrong. Fair?

Shall we begin?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

That's because they are all "brainwashed" Sorry if that sounds anti-Christian, but thats because it is- hey, if God hates sinners so much why does he keep making them, and if you want to blame Satan for that, well, God made him too. How can God create something that is not of him? Cool trick

Interesting reading - but tragic

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

why anyone would love and worship a god who kills millions of people because they dont behave how he demands is beyond me..

he gave us free will...but punishes those that use it in the most terrible ways..

not very smart your god is he?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join