It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy to Surpress the Truth & Homosexuality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
There is a conspiracy to suppress the truth in unrighteousness and for this reason the wrath of God is being visited upon the earth - quite noticeably in the United States as we have exchanged the truth for a lie beginning with the banning of school prayer in the 1960s and currently with the ACLU's efforts to have wild atheistic speculations exchanged for science.

The purpose of this thread is to clear up a misconception I see being spread around about the Biblical view of homosexuality and the controversy that is occurring right now in the United States. There is quite a bit of confusion going on and a lot of really bad doctrine as well. Before I go any further this is based on the whole counsel of God, not a few cherry picked verses that fit my preconceived notions. It is also not my original exposition but largely based on that of Pastor John MacArthur

I recently made a video exposition of his sermon “When God Abandons a Nation” which I will attach below. In addition, I will not be engaging in debate on the humanistic implications of this teaching. Quite frankly the opinion of the humanist is quite irrelevant to the council of God. This is a hard teaching but a Biblical one.

I’m going to make a bold statement that is quite the contrary to those who assert that homosexuality is the cause of God’s wrath on my nation and the world. In fact the Bible teaches that it is the wrath of God. Let me rephrase that so it sinks in, It is not the cause of the wrath of God, it is a manifestation of his wrath.

I realize the humanists and some Christians are now thinking, “what a terribly cruel thing to say”. Actually I am letting the orientationally challenged off the hook a bit -in a sense- as they are a result more than the cause of God's wrath. The topic on whether it is sin or not is pure absurdity and I do not need to address it as 1 Cor 6:9 is explicit. However that out of the way, I would address that it is not a specific punishment dealt out to individuals.

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him." (Ac 10:34-35)

Please take note that God deals with nations often to the inconvenience of the individual. Does that mean the individuals that are affected by the wrath of God are cursed irrevocably for something they did? Not at all, and by accepting the grace of our Lord Jesus they can escape that wrath with true repentance. Note that you can be genetically predisposed to be an alcoholic but if you never take a drink you will never be an alcoholic – you must choose to drink. In the same manner one can have sexually inappropriate urges and deny the flesh by choosing not to carry them out.

I also believe the plague of drugs and addiction is an element of God’s wrath. I have experienced alcohol and tobacco addiction and I surely never woke one morning and decided I wanted to be an alcoholic – but truth be told I cannot drink like most people. It seems terribly unfair, but in hindsight I did not have to give up anything worth keeping. I personally have experienced Gods grace in having addiction and the associated cravings completely removed by Gods good grace.

Ok back on track, why would I assert that homosexuality is God’s wrath? Romans one clearly and explicitly teaches this, although many miss it.

" For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness," (Ro 1:18)

Now this verse couldn’t be any clearer it is the immorality of the men who suppress the truth. What truth?

"because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse," (Ro 1:19-20)

The truth of God’s existence! And specifically by denying creation as God's attributes can be clearly seen. So now we see the cause of God’s wrath – what form does his wrath take?

God made a covenant with Noah that he would never again judge the world as he did in the great flood. But man is inherently sinful having the fallen blood of Adam. God’s wrath is very simply allowing man to do what is in his heart, he releases his restraint a notch on the nations under wrath. As we can see in the exposition of Romans one:

"Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves," (Ro 1:24)

Therefore is the operative word. Because men denied God he gave them up. He released the restrainer which is in effect upon the entire planet. Again what was their crime?

"who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen." (Ro 1:25)

They "exchanged the truth of God for a lie"… and "worshiped and served the creature rather than the creator". Does naturalism and Darwinism ring any bells for anyone else? It certainly does for me…

"For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due." (Ro 1:26-27)

For this reason” the reason is they traded the truth of God for a lie. The punishment is that “God gave them over to vile passions”.

It is not my contention at all that this is doled out as individual punishments, as revealed above “God is no respecter of persons” this wrath is poured out upon nations. It is not just homosexuality but lust in general in progressively more degrading forms. The United States is bearing the fruit of it suppression of the truth in unrighteousness. We have removed God and the freedom of choice to even pray in silence from our schools and turned them into secular indoctrination camps. We are indoctrinating impressionable youth with fables that they are the descendants of bacteria, rather than created in the image of holy God. We are not in danger of the wrath of God – we are experiencing it now. I expect it will get worse. The urgent call to a more serious and repentant faith is now. I pray for our nation and that the believers will endure.

My video version with exposition by Pastor MacArthur:
Part 1

Part 2

I fully expect this to offend many... it is not an effort to make friends, just state the truth. Flame away if you must - you will bring me blessings.

"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake." (mat 5:11)

Repent the kingdom of heaven is near!

[edit on 11/24/2008 by Bigwhammy]

+30 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So a dude kissing another dude makes you THAT uncomfortable?

If I were to weigh homosexuality against oh let's say... any war ever faught... any corporation ever founded..... any government ever established.... any religion ever indoctrinated.... any ant ever eaten by an anteater... any blade of grass ever cut by a lawnmower... I think homosexuality would rate lowest on the list of potential God Wraths.

The Bible is clearly confused as heck.

Gays being the wrath of God.... that's funny as Hell.

What's wrong with a bit of dude on dude action? Nobody complains when two girls start going at it. I think if anything, it's God's sympathy for humanity having to deal with overpopulation and social conditioning.

Being gay is totally punk rock, dude. God is a homosexual punk rock satan worshiper.... just to piss you and your misconceptions off.

+39 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

are you actually implying that the gay community is the cause of 9/11?

that's beyond low, beyond deplorable and beyond ridiculous. If anything, it is religion, as a whole, that should be blamed for the majority of the atrocities committed on this planet.

Love Thy Neighbor....unless they are different from me?

This current trend of hatred towards the gay community is startling and pathetic. Is this what we should expect now that the bible toting faction of the republican party has lost control of the US? Using the Obama "change" image with an image of Hitler? Are you guys that low? That desperate?

sad. truly sad.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Quite frankly the opinion of the humanist is quite irrelevant to the council of God.

but god made these humanists,and as we all know God is perfect and EVERYTHING HE HAS DONE IS PERFECT according to you Bibley types. That includes us poofters by the way. He/she/it made us,apparently. And you blathering on about how bad we are,highlights how bad YOU are for going against your god.

shame on you,oh,and you don't half chat alot of BS.

[edit on 24/11/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

are you actually implying that the gay community is the cause of 9/11?

Perhaps you need to re-read my post you have it exactly backwards, a complete misrepresentation!

I’m going to make a bold statement that is quite the contrary to those who assert that homosexuality is the cause of God’s wrath on my nation and the world. In fact the Bible teaches that it is the wrath of God. Let me rephrase that so it sinks in, It is not the cause of the wrath of God, it is a manifestation of his wrath.

Homosexuality is not the cause of the wrath - it is the effect of the wrath. It's not my opinion it is what the Bible says.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Wow. I think threads like this are more a punishment from God than homosexuals. They really aren't hurting anyone. Don't you have something more important to worry about?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

but god made these humanists,and as we all know God is perfect and EVERYTHING HE HAS DONE IS PERFECT according to you Bibley types

Wrong. The Bible teaches that the world is cursed from sin. It is under the dominion of Satan until Armageddon, when Christ will take it by force. We live in a fallen world. - which is obvious!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm curious. Do we really need another thread on this issue? Do a search on "gay" or "homosexual" in the "Conspiracies in Religions" forum alone. Is there really promise that we will see any other arguments in this thread, than the 5,000 other on the board?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
No offence intended.

But as a left footer myself I find the folks who go on and on about the sins of homosexuality are more than likely to be uphill gardeners themselves. Christ, even I don't think about homosexuality to the same extent as supposedly straight guys here.

As to homosexuals being the manifestation of the wrath of god ... yippee !! Lets me off the hook. Won't be here to respond. Off down a club, now that I've been liberated from the wages of sin.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

then god made people gay. more reason to love them.

I still don't see how homosexuality and 9/11 are related. I guess it might help if I listened to some of these priests and pastors who rail against the gay community whilst molesting young boys. is that research? god's wraith?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
homosexuality being the wrath of god is a ridiculous notion.

it wasn't until i read this comment that i understood where you were coming from.

God’s wrath is very simply allowing man to do what is in his heart, he releases his restraint a notch on the nations under wrath.

if god allowed me what is in my heart, he'ld let me to continue to keep my family in a safe and comfortable situation. if you feel that allowing you your hearts desire would lead to rampant homosexuality, my hope for you is that some day you find peace and love.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

I feel sorry for people like you.....people so steeped in "religion" that they loose sight of "faith and spirituality". Religion seems to focus on the sin, the sinner, the bad things, where faith and spirituality seem to focus on the good things and make people feel better about themselves and the world.

Homosexuals and their lives do not effect any of us in the least (unless we are gay ourselves). My family and friends who are gay don't push their life and lifestyle on me. All they want is to have the same rights as others, live their lives, and be happy.

They are the "creators" children, too. We should give them the respect that affords them.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Dont know about all that but it apears homosexuality has been going on for thousands of years if not longer.

The Ica Stones you *haven't* seen...

>SNIP<

[Mod edit to remove links to inappropriate images]

[edit on 11/24/2008 by yeahright]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I'm curious. Do we really need another thread on this issue? Do a search on "gay" or "homosexual" in the "Conspiracies in Religions" forum alone. Is there really promise that we will see any other arguments in this thread, than the 5,000 other on the board?

No offense taken but...

Perhaps you should ask yourself how many threads there are in CIR about Jesus not existing or that he is based on pagan sun gods, the Bible is fairy tales -how many those do you have? Pose the same question the next time one of those is posted. I sort of doubt that will happen...

I don't think anyone has addressed this issue in this way. I think clarity is needed. I have seen the opposite argument presented that homosexuality is the cause - this is a new perspective and one that is supported by scripture. It is an effect as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

Interesting but the wrath of God has been going on ever since the first two humans fell into sin. Paul was addressing the Roman empire which had embraced paganism and thus was given over to vile affections. As a result:
The emperor Nero was the first person in known history to marry another man. But thanks for the interesting history, I wasn't aware of that.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I get what you meant Bigwhammy even if others did not .....and I agree ...this world is in big trouble.

I gave you a star because the truth is that it does not matter what WE(those who believe in his word) think or what THEY (whoever is against God or does not believe he exists) think ...what matters is what God thinks ...and according to his word he is not happy with any of us ...and that we all will reap whatever we have sown ...whether that be good or bad ......it really is coming down to decision time for everyone because time is very short now .
It started with 911 (no one can deny that things changed drastically that day for the whole world ) ...........................and will end with this

Rev 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed [is] he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

In fact I would like to add something ..

Those who do believe in the Lord ...will have an even harder judgment than those who do not ...so please reconsider what his word says and what is acceptable behaviour or not according to his word before it is too late ..and he comes like a thief in the night and catch you unawares .
Judgment begins at the house of God first (so dont forget that )

1Pe 4:17 For the time [is come] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [it] first [begin] at us, what shall the end [be] of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
1Pe 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls [to him] in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

As far as God making men the way they are etc ...he made us but we are the ones who are enticed to lust and lust is not of GOD ... and we are the ones who give into it then we are at fault not GOD ....

Lust is more than just something sexual .
1Jo 2:16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

It is also lust of money,items,desires of wordly things and not spiritual things etc..And as the scripture says they are NOT OF THE FATHER ..but of the world ...
Jam 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Jam 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

And it all leads to death ..

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Thank you very much. Whether people understand me or not the idea of this post is to help people to see that we are currently experiencing the wrath of God. Homosexuals are not causing it... if they are only in a small part - it is the suppression of the truth of God that is the root cause. I view the typical homosexual more as a regular sinner and a victim of truth suppression.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
simplynoone, do you have any idea how absolutely senseless it is to say that you know that 911 meant time was getting short and that the lord will come like a thief in the night in the same paragraph.

which is it, is god coming without posting a sign or is he coming after a set series of events? do us all a favor and just stop with this rubbish.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ok let me get this straight?
God wants to punish us into a fiery pit of death and loves us???My Mom treats me better then any god could and she would never damn me to hell yet god would if he could??
If you are gonna quote the big book of lies then I think you just shot yourself in the foot.
Homosexuality isn't wrong...its the people who point their fingers at them.
Good luck with your bible studies.

I didn't read most of your thread as i saw it as religious rambling based on useless info.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join