It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giza Clock Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hi Scott, i was just re reading your theory from

www.grahamhancock.com...

and i have a few questions.

1. wouldn't the AE have left other means of finding this same information? oral traditions, paintings, etc? and i'd imagine the casing stones of the pyramids would be covered in different languages all telling the same story such as the rosetta stone.

2. if the second great cataclysm was several centuries later then could this mean that the pyramids were constructed during that time frame and then modified later? or are you saying the AE designers knew the full story beforhand because of previous instances of this cataclysm? it seems just as plausible that 2 or 3 cataclysms that far apart from one another could have seperate monuments that never realized the events were correlated.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Hello Mozzy,

Apolgies for delay in responding - I've been working on some important research.

Mozzy: 1. wouldn't the AE have left other means of finding this same information? oral traditions, paintings, etc? and i'd imagine the casing stones of the pyramids would be covered in different languages all telling the same story such as the rosetta stone.

SC: I think a story or "message" would indeed have been connected with the "codex" and passed down through the oral tradition. I think part of this might relate to the Ancient Egyptian concept of "Afterlife".

Mozzy: 2. if the second great cataclysm was several centuries later then could this mean that the pyramids were constructed during that time frame and then modified later?

SC: I envisage a plan - a 3D granite model of Giza - having been crafted and passed down through generations of the AE civilisation. Undoubtredly over time this plan would have become "sacred" and the oral tradition that went with it associated the plan with the "Afterlife". It is little wonder then that the later AE dynasties would wish to implement this plan on the ground, bringing "heaven" to earth to ensure their own afterlife. But they would not have been able to construct the plan immediately. First they would have to learn the craft of constructing smooth-sided pyramids - a very long learning curve that would take many generations from when Imhotep first began it all with the construction of the Step Pyramid for the Pharaoh Djosr at Saqqara in the 3rd Dynasty.

When eventually the AEs had mastered the craft of constructing smooth-sided pyramids (the Red Pyramid of Snefru at Dahshur) it was now time to finally implement the grand codex, the "sacred plan". And so it fell to the AEs of the 4th Dynasty to implement this.

There is much evidence to support the construction of the Pyramids during this period. The C-14 datimng of mortar taken from the Great Pyramid does seem to indicate a 4th Dynasty construction although some have commented that this mortar could have been the result of repair work done to the structure during the 4th Dynasty. During my previous research trip to the Great Pyramid, I noticed in the "roof" of the descending passage there is a wooden beam. This surprised me becasue we are always led to believe that there is no wood in any of the pyramids. This is not so - a number of pyramids have wooden beams. If this wooden beam (it is an original feature btw) were to be C-14 dated then it would answer this question once and for all. I'm not sure why this has never been C-14 dated.

As for the casing stones. Only a few can be found at the base of Khufu's Pyramid (G1), some around the top of Khafre's Pyramid (G1) and some about a third of the way up Menkaure's Pyramid (G3). None of the casing stones currently in place have any markings of any kind. It is questionable then that any other casing stones that might have been in place were any different.

Mozzy: ...or are you saying the AE designers knew the full story beforhand because of previous instances of this cataclysm? it seems just as plausible that 2 or 3 cataclysms that far apart from one another could have seperate monuments that never realized the events were correlated.

SC: What I'm saying is that I think we far underestimate the antiquity of man and of highly intelligent humans on this planet. If this plan shows us anything it shows that humans understood the precessional cycle and motion of the Orion Belt stars and are intent in drawing our attention to it for what reason I can only speculate. They show us Orion's belt in the 3 Great Pyramids as pointed out by Bauval. But then they also show us (through the 2 sets of so-called 'Queens Pyramids') the belt stars as they would be aligned at their maximum and minimum culminations. When the belt stars were at their minimum culmination c.10,500BCE some very nasty events were happening on Earth. The ice age ended, floods abounded, animals and plants went extinct. We can only ask ourselves why would the ancients indicate this moment in time in their Orion star clock, their "sacred codex"? And why are they also indicating the futre date of c2,500BCE when Orion reaches its maximum culmination? It seems to that perhaps our forebears knew of a cycle of some kind that "routinely" impacts upon the Earth and Giza is their way of passing that ancient knowledge down to future generations to ensure that we prepare ourselves for the "afterlife".

Kind regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
you're back, hope the trip in egypt was productive. i don't know about everyone else but i can't wait to find out more about this.

i think your research speaks volumes but i can't help the pressing notion in the back of my mind that says "the leaders thousands of years ago are no different than today's".

i get the idea (obviously) that i don't have a complete picture here. when you used "codex" in your reply are you talking about the information the pyramids have in their architecture or are you talking about the "codex" that simon peter was pressing you about in previous threads?

without stepping out of bounds would you share your thoughts about the functions of the pyramids? i took me about 10 minutes of reading the personal history of howard vyse to conclude that he fabricated everything there. but it still doesn't answer the question "what did the pyramids do?" surely they had purpose!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Hello Mozzy,

Mozzy: when you used "codex" in your reply are you talking about the information the pyramids have in their architecture or are you talking about the "codex" that simon peter was pressing you about in previous threads?

SC: The "codex" I am referring to comes from Egyptologist, Cyril Aldred in his book, The Egyptians (3rd Edition). Aldred refers to an ancient Egyptian inscription in the collonnade of the Temple of Horus at Edfu and writes:

"They [the temples] were built according to architectural plans that were revealed in a codex that supposedly fell from the heavens at Saqqara in the days of Imhotep"

It is the ancient Egyptians themselves that use this term "codex" (translated obviously). What this codex was or how it was used to store architectural plans is anyone's guess. I speculate that this may have been a 3D granite model of the pyramid structures at Giza.

Mozzy: without stepping out of bounds would you share your thoughts about the functions of the pyramids? i took me about 10 minutes of reading the personal history of howard vyse to conclude that he fabricated everything there. but it still doesn't answer the question "what did the pyramids do?" surely they had purpose!

SC: It's my view that the pyramids serve multiple "functions". They give us a clock using the precessional cycle of the Orion Belt stars, showing us their minimum culmination c.10,500BCE and maximum culmination c. 2,500CE. Why we are being shown these 2 dates is anyone's guess but it is curious that during the minimum culmination of the Belt stars c.10,500BCE, the last ice age came to an end. In the Great Pyramid there exists features that could be interpreted as depicting a "Pole Shift". I have written an article about this recently with the author, Gary Osborn. You can read it here:

www.grahamhancock.com...

The function of the pyramids may also have been used as "seed vaults" for this "cycle of cataclysm" the Earth apparently passes through, ensuring life will be able to continue after the cataclysm has passed (the afterlife). Part of this cycle seems to involve massive flooding of large portions of the Earth. Perhaps the reason why you should always ensure you have a couple of boats around your "seed vault". Is it any surprise that the mythology of the Pyramid is so closely linked to Osiris and the Afterlife. It is a mythology that has become embelished over generations as the oral "message" was passed down with the "codex". The message is one that was not merely intended to ensure the "Afterlife" of the Pharaoh but was probably one that applied to the whole of the Earth and the human species. Prepare ourselves for the "cycle of cataclysm" and its "aftermath".

Regards,

Scott Creighton

join