It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - The myth exposed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It sounds like your whole debunking theory depends on experts in

this computer age to not be able to corrolate the Mayan calendar

and it's cycles to Gregorian calendar with precision.

And that the supposed size of the planet doesn't jive with the

expected orbit.

Isn't this planet supposed to also orbit it's Dwarf Star, the solar

systems second sun by the fear mongers?

If this is the case, do your calculations on gravitational pull include

the effect this second sun has on Nibiru's orbit? Could this discount

the formula used to contrive your theory's result??

I am not trying to calculate this alternate theory, but I'm sure the

result would conflict with the one you propose/

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Another good point to add is that the Mayan also believed when this so called alignment happens, from the dark matter evil spirits will come out to the earth.

Same person saying this also said the long count calendar is on the 4th segment and will go to the fifth segment in 2012.

They also believed that this happens with every segment of the long count calendar.

If you look at their actual predictions they are pretty vague. The ones that are linked to history and coming true for the most part seem a stretch to me. Of course there are some uncanny ones that are right on the nose but not very many.

There is however a few cultures never linked together who have predicted the 2012 date as being a really bad year to be alive.

Geesh I have to wait over 4 years yet to see what happens.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

The gravitational pull of this presumed dwarf star (hasn't been yet recorded either despite the shear mass of a dwarf star) would have no effect on the gravitational pull on other planets. It would just be another factor calculated into the orbit of Nibiru, but not the effect it would have on other planets you see.

You do not run out of gravity, it simply grabs itself onto all mass in space. Therefor the effect it would have on earth is null unless the dwarf star itself enters our solar system - at which point it would merely be even more cataclysmic and earth would be toast the first time around.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Dark matter spirits is yet another concept I am yet to come familiar with. However, what we are calling a "cosmic alignment" is merely the tip of the iceberg concerning the sheer size of space. Our little "cosmic alignment" refuses to include the rest of our universe.

The "Cosmic Alignment" is an event within the Milky Way, which is a Galaxy orbiting other galaxies, which all of these galaxies are presumably orbiting even larger bodies of space, and this is where science ends and theoretical physicists begin their theories.

A true Cosmic Alignment in my mind would have to include all galaxies aligning. This would truly be significant. Crossing some imaginary line however does not have any scientific basis around caused events. The alignment simply means the Mayan's had a pretty accurate depiction of the cosmic calender.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
yeah -- its nonsense. But you won't change the believers' minds.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by eniac

I'm pretty amazed at the cold shoulder this thread has received. However if it were 2012 - the truth exposed they would be all over it. Some people just don't want to know it's false. They have already set their expectations way too high.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl

Originally posted by eniac

I'm pretty amazed at the cold shoulder this thread has received. However if it were 2012 - the truth exposed they would be all over it. Some people just don't want to know it's false. They have already set their expectations way too high.

Admirable work though. This thread will hopfully prove valuable for future referral and be cited in future.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hey guys, (and gals) Im a fairly quiet ATS reader and have only posted about 3 Anon things here, things I feel compelled enough to feel like I should put my two cents in. Regardless I'll do a small part to address what has been talked about here.

First off, one of the best articles covering most of the subject can be found here
imo viewzone.com... and dont forget to read part 2
viewzone.com...

Very interesting and fairly objectively and scientificaly based information there.
If you didnt RTFA (slashdot code for read the f*****g article),

basically what it says is that it is very likely that this passage through the intersection in the galaxy will put an gravitational disturbance affecting the sun, possibly enough to make some sort of gamma ray bursts or something to that effect (disclaimer, Im not very smart in the sciences and I also dont know effect from affect so no grammar nazi's please =)

One thing not mentioned there but that I think is another possiblity is that instead of above scenario, is a magnetic polar shift. If you do some simple google searches, youll find widely varying stuff about it. I am not a big fan of the nibiru theory, but as referenced in the above articles, there are other major variables regarding the magnetic fields of earth and of the solar system and galaxy.

I think the flaw in logic of the OP is that he/she disagrees with the nibiru theory, but uses a straw man argument that concludes no nibiru=no 2012 "doomsday" Just because nibiru does or does not exist does not exclude a number of other theories. Im talking about two major ones, gravitational and sun disturbances. I have only heard briefly of some of the others have mentioned here (dark rift theory)

One quote from the article that I found rather interesting follows...

"By some amazing coincidence, not only will we be intersecting with the Galactic Equator, but we will be doing this precisely aligned with the center of the Galaxy where there is maximum mass! More mass means more gravity. More gravity means more influence from those barycenters in our Sun. That means exponential increases in solar disruptions -- all coinciding on the same day!"

This in itself should be rather easy to scientifically prove/disprove right?

And that brings me to one of my final points, which is that we as humans have a very limited understanding of many of the principles were discussing here, gravitational effects, magnetic fields and how they effect earth, gamma ray bursts, ect, are extremely theoretical and are hard to test, with the exception of the famous Einstein "thought experiment"

I could be wrong about what Im about to say, but youll understand my meaning,
Until gallileo we didnt have gravity as even a thought,
Until newton we didnt have gravitational pull theory
which was later refined by einstein
Which many now believe (since it conflicts with quantum mechanics) can be replaced by string theory!
And thats just a bit a bout gravity! not even getting into our lack of understanding about magnetic fields!
We know so little about this world, that it is entirely possible, if not likely, that some unknown occurrence may happen in 2012.

It may be a sudden occurence, or it could be a process that takes place over a couple weeks or even years, no one really knows.
One thing I find extremely interesting, from an objective perspective, is how much our ancestral heritage knew about the cosmic mysteries. This alone to me points to some very fascinating thoughts. How did they know some of these things, able to predict time to such a precise calendar? How did they test or measure these ideas? ect, ( it boggles the mind i know)
BUT, even if all of the evidences that ancient cultures knew something a bit more than we thought, so saying that ALL of the mayan, aztec, chinese, aboriginal, native american ect predictions are false, there is still a scientifically PROBABLE event of UNKNOWN magnitude and duration.
Darkside out.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Simply put 2012 has just been lumped in with all the other failed prophecies that have come and gone, and worse yet people just continue to add their own spin to what might happen on the date. That's the real source of all the resentment towards 2012, all of the dis-info that has been created as we draw closer to the date. Isn't it strange how many people on this website are blinded and follow each other in circles when faced with the overwhelming light of truth?

I appreciate the work of this thread, and of the other one that was popular a few weeks back; it helped to debunk many of the theories of 2012, even though the OP simply couldn't get over his Ego and thought he had dug right through to the 'universal' and 'concrete' truth of the matter.

I will provide my own insight onto this discussion tomorrow, when I have a bit more time. It'll probably be 75% Scientific/25% Esoteric, with 'universal' and 'concrete' truth that could point towards a significant event happening on 2012. The truth, though, we will have to wait for, obviously.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
2012 is not a prophacy, it is the same date as the hopi, the bible, the zodiac, the aztec, it is the same date everywhere around the world. Why pick out one when they are all the same? My guess is ignorance, you are simply not aware! These are not prophacies, they were c locks and they are the most accurate to date. This date is the thought time that everyone around the world new to be the day the alarm would be sounded! Although this date may be off, these things happen like clock work.

If you want to know why you have this ignorance it is because of your masters. They destroyed and killed all remains that they could find telling the common people about this. They have used us to build thier safe houses so we would not build them for ourselves. If you people are really this stupid as to think they killed people for studying the sky just because they liked to kill people, then as far as im concerned the world is better off without you. RIP!

[edit on 25-11-2008 by seek4 truth]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by seek4 truth

Provide some sources that any other than the mayans have the year 2012 as a year of some event. And I´m not talking about some christian fanatics or new age voodoo cults that makes up the stuff for profit. Show us the work of real scholars and scientists that point out that the year 2012 might be different from any other year.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Ha. I think that "2012" and "2000" are pretty much completely different - simply because "2012" isn't _purely_ about numbers...

Yes, there are maaany different theories on what may happen..
This may be another one:
Transference Healing

So i have no idea what's going to happen - if anything does.. it's possible that this is all utter hype. But i just find it interesting that it has been found in ancient texts etc.. it really do. Even if it has been ripped apart and mangled about over websites and the like....
I think something's up.. that's not to say that i believe "Nibiru" is just going to show up on a particular date in a particular year...

IMO, humanity's perspective on things, as a whole is extremely one-dimensional..

have a great day!
Vacant

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I don't think it is right to compare Y2K to 2012. Y2K was a manmade problem, and it didn't just "not happen." There was A LOT of manpower involved for the several years preceding the switchover to 2000. A bunch of people reprogramming the code to get the bugs out in all the big old computers. It's not like we all just sat around and didn't nothing. If we had, then it really could have been bad.

I'm just tired of people saying Y2K was just another failed prediction. It failed because we STOPPED IT!

2012 is completely different. It's not a manmade problem and there's nothing we can do to stop any of the things that have been speculated.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I don't think it is right to compare Y2K to 2012. Y2K was a manmade problem, and it didn't just "not happen." There was A LOT of manpower involved for the several years preceding the switchover to 2000. A bunch of people reprogramming the code to get the bugs out in all the big old computers. It's not like we all just sat around and didn't nothing. If we had, then it really could have been bad.

I'm just tired of people saying Y2K was just another failed prediction. It failed because we STOPPED IT!

2012 is completely different. It's not a manmade problem and there's nothing we can do to stop any of the things that have been speculated.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
What about Malachy's Prophecies and his predictions of the last 10 popes which seem to be correct at this point. Where up to the second last Pope now and John Paul II said he had a vision that a Pope that would come after him (he wasn't sure if it was the pope that would succeed him or the one after that) would be revealed as the anti-christ and killed by the public while trying to flee the vatican in 2012.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phazon

Huh? Can you provide your source please?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Please supply a source as to where you got you info that Jesus was born 7 years prior to 0 AD. Most biblical and historical scholars agree he was born approx 4 AD. Why not mention the bible prophecies , Hopi indian, Islamic, Hebrew and many others when studied side by side give reference to the same outcome.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I do not understand any of this, please explain why 2012 is REALLY so important. Every post I have read so far is pure speculation based off of what other people have said, and there is no gaurantee as to the truth of that. Placing links up to www.why_my_theory_is_so_right.com does not prove anything.

If this was some drastic event, regardless of the world ending, or the whole new part of space where we can see new wonders... don't you think there would be more action taken?

Speaking of moving through space... last time I checked we live in three dimensional space right? Our planet is a sphereoidish type body right? So there for, can we not already see things all around us? What is four years of movement going to provide? There is such a distance between us and anything else in the universe that 4 years of travel will not provide anything new other then "Look!! Our planet is in a new spot!"

But then again...

In 2012 there is a planet with such mass that it will rip us apart and scatter our planet across the solar system. Or we might pass through dark matter, in which case we will cause a temporal anomoly which will complete alter the fabric of reality where mice will chase cats and all the good people will turn evil and evil people turn good.

In closing...

Can someone provide any intellectual proof to any of these claims. I have heard alot about it but so far none of this makes sense. I am not trying to slam anyone just wanna know.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

asking for sources while not providing your own? Funny. Hypocritical but funny.

Originally posted by Waldy
reply to post by Harman

This Dark Rift theory has been debunked by REAL astronomers.

The solar system moves perpendicular to the galactic plane in a harmonic fashion, with a period of 52 to 74 million years. The Sun and planets passed through the galactic plane about 2-3 million years ago and are moving "UP". Next passing will be in 30 MILLION years or so. I cant wait!

Where are your sources?
. Because, for real, i'm pretty anxious to read about it and pull it apart and MAYBE put my worried head to rest about this whole 2012 thing.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

exactly. the comparing those dates is like saying the tiger is not a dangerous animal cause it is a cat, and I have one pretty harmless at home.

the evidence on 2012, the signes we can all see (except the blinds), the climate changes, magnetic shelds changes, the anomalies on the sun, economical crises coming, mounting number of international tensions and the number of prophecies on 2012 are the puzzles showing the pretty big danger coming soon.

and 2000 issue? there was just a playing with the number and personally I was feeling pretty safe than. but this is different.

I do not belive that there will be the dead end but it is possible that some changes are in front of us. the possible problems with the energetic and communication systems due to the sun activity plus threat of the WWIII (which can be the only way for the NWO to cease people after robbing them in this financial and economic collapse of the world) can finally drive us to the redefinition of all we are surraunded with.

we should not be joking about the 1012. it is possible that NWO wants us to be so and they are standing behind the 2000 prediction. to let people not prepare to the real stuff. (it is known that they beliove that 500 mln is the maximum population on earth to be...)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join