It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Obama in such a hurry to fill Cabinet...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Looking back at previous president elect's records of cabinet appointments something unusual has surfaced with Obama's. G.W. Bush made most, if not all, in the very last week of December 2000 and into Jan 2001.
Obama on the other hand has started his within one week of the election and the most important positions within two weeks.

www.senate.gov...

What is his hurry, is he trying to get all his posts filled before the Dec 1st date set by the Surpreme Court for Obama to turn over his Birth Certificate so he can say nope too late I am already President and ready to start my term of office...?

It just seems like of strange to be in such a big hurry........

Any ideas as to why.......?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I believe he is in such a hurry so that all the necessary paperwork, clearances and other beauracratic stuff can be dealt with so that there will be less lag time with the actual transition of power.

There is just so much that needs to be dealt with right away that he believes he can't take his time. I assume the thought process is also that his team can get to work with the existing teams to make sure things go as smoothly as possible.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I wasn't going to reply because it just seemed like you were trying to insinuate something. I hate these types of discussions because I believe you may be completely reading into something that does not exist.

However, to give it a shot, I will try to give a few reasons.

First, this economic situation is drastic. It is one of the worse that this country has ever faced. I believe he may be trying to simply set up his cabinet so he can transition them as quickly as possible. It will give these people more time to try and truly become acquainted with what is going to be required of them.

Dropping that on someone with only a month or a few weeks left would mean a slow start. This way he will have a better jump on things.

Other than that, well, I can't think of much else. If others are right (which I do not discount) then these people already knew they were going to be put into these positions long ago because Obama was hand picked by the elite to be the next president.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I don't believe he is in a hurry at all. This is called being prepared. These people were already on the chopping block from preparations during the campaign. McCain had said "he already has his acceptance speech written and he's measuring the drapes".

Obama wanted this like a passionate artist. He's a visionary and is fighting to fulfill what he thinks America is capable of becoming. He's willing to work day and night to fix the country, and this is the exact reason I voted for him.

He makes decisions in a very firm and confident manner. It just goes to show you the difference between an educated politician, and a man who puts on a good show.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think you are correct he has had this planned out for a long time. Or most likely his handlers have had it worked out.......take his selection for Sec of Treasury. Chairman of the New York Federal Reserve and obvious Wall Street insider........the Federal Reserve is one of the main reasons we are where we are today with the economy.......looks more like the fox guarding the hen house.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
He wants to.....no he NEEDS to hit the ground running on inauguration day. Two wars, the terror threat, and a crappy economy demand it. I didn't vote for the man, and I still have serious reservations about his eligibility, but since the nation has elected him, he has my support. He will continue to have that support until such time as he proves it is not deserved. He has no choice but to waste no time in preparing to be our leader. I'm glad he is doing everything he can to be ready to lead on 20 Jan.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during his first national security brief, and had a nickel for every time he said "OH SH!#" to himself after hearing the stuff the public doesn't know.

editorial edit

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Hugues de Payens]

new topics

top topics

join