It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you fix society?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

I think it's important to get messages. I feel many people are taking them out of context though. Perhaps it's not so much some great spirit but what just makes sense. A choice that isn't selfish. In harmony as best we can with the information we now know.

I fret when people advocate drugs as the way to see. It's important to find that connection without a drug. What happens when you can no longer obtain it? Will that person fall apart?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I had this idea years ago and its weird but here goes.

If there was a machine that could measure spiritual sincerity like a biofeedback machine but really advanced and foolproof you could nominate people to be tested by this machine and those that scored the most pure, selfless and goodhearted would form a committee of shaman types to help guide the direction of society.

They would be tested weekly to be sure they have not slipped into a self serving mode.

Weird huh?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

No. I really don't think so. Not sure where you made that connection, perhaps you didn't dive far enough in. Information isn't dangerous, it's vital. Educate yourself, and then make a decision based on all the information you've gathered.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by marsha law

See how tedious that is though. I really think we all should be guiding our society, letting technology help us with it as needed. If we allow a group of people to guide, then we have a leader. People tend to scatter without a leader. What if we all could be considered leaders? I think people need to understand they can't just sit back anymore, we all have to get off our butts and do something.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scaye

I fret when people advocate drugs as the way to see. It's important to find that connection without a drug. What happens when you can no longer obtain it? Will that person fall apart?

What happens when you can no longer obtain it? Impossible, its in your brain, finding it once is all it takes. Besides, '___' is prevalent all over the world in many different sources fairly easily extracted. Its more easily available than water in many cases. I just see it as a way to let man step back, and let nature teach, God did not create plant teachers for us to claim they are poppycock. The fact that we do not utilize gods teachers, is not beneficial to us, and is a little disrespectful to God. IMO. Im not saying go take this stuff with some friends cause it will be cool, im saying find a church that does this ceremony, and you will see why the church is full of smiles instead of human judgments. Its easy to see that humans write with language, and there is the possibility of deceit with men and language, so take that who aspect away for a sitting, and let the source tell the story. Seriously, religion needs to be revamped, its the 21 century and religion is more of a cult than a real spiritual connection, I think the people deserve better.
Im not saying that its like a teacher, it IS a teacher. There is no doubt in my mind that god hides in plants and animals, and speaks to those who hear and see. In fact, acacia wood, contains '___', should make you wonder.

Im not advocating the use of drugs, Im advocating the understanding of the pure '___' experience without egotistical or dogmatic biases. '___' is in your brain and you are using it right now. '___' has been used to get people off of drugs like heroin and meth coke etc. I suggested it in the post that way, because what I really want is for people to meditate daily and seek beyond egotistical ideas until you finally see how easy it would be for all of us to productively grow in a beautiful symbiosis. I would have said everybody just go meditate, but people will bring in their own ego biased opinions about what happened in meditation, when the '___' medicine, does not let you cheat, it is mans way of stepping out of the picture and letting spirit teach. The fact that people look at '___' as just another drug, is very sad. Im sure you know people on Prozac and people who take Tylenol, and those two alone can be overdosed on and are unnatural but completely socially acceptable, why? Because of conditioning and brainwashing. It is exactly like telling a christian the bible is just another book, except in this case Ayahuasca speaks to everyone the same leaving no questions unanswered.
Again, I apologize for having such a view, but this is honestly in my heart, how I feel. I would not suggest anything I wouldnt suggest my granny partake in, so keep that in mind, im not trying to get people to do drugs, Im just spreading the WORD any way I know.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I was about to write a thread for this category, but I saw this thread and decided to chime in.

My solution is very simple, yet to go about getting people to accept this might be a bit more complicated.

My solution is this:

Give people one undeniably perfect reason to be good to each other and their environment. Let everyone know who they really are, and no one will ever be able to control them again. Take away the fear of death and being an insignificant finite speck, and it won't be a dog eat dog world anymore.

This is what you may call a spiritual problem. People have little reason to be honest, open, loving, responsible etc. when they've been made to think that they are just this body which came about by pure chance which has abslutely no meaning and really survival and comfort are their only motivations. Just survive in the easiest way possible until you die.

See... this is not how it is. It's how we've been manipulated into viewing it, and it affects our behavior drastically... so drastically that the person you know as yourself would probably not get along with the real you.

So what is this reason for living righteously? This reason is simply that there is no such thing as death because there is no such thing as being finite. We are all the same infinite expression of one consciousness.
Why would this knowledge.... notice I did not say belief.... fix society?

Because, in order for any mechanism to work efficiently, all parts must come together and work in harmony.... or else the mechanism breaks down. I don't even see how it has worked for as long as it has when basically everyone (as cogs in the social mechanism) is out to fend for themselves and the ones who benefit them only. There is no harmony there. It's all cooperation by force, and ya know the less friction the longer a mechanism lasts.

We are the God Machine. We are God. You stab one person in the back in order to benefit your situation, you stab yourself in the back. You steal, injure, kill, emotionally traumatize, yada yada yada anyone for any reason no matter what they did to you..... and you're actually hurting yourself.

Even if you aren't spiritual, it just all works better when you view every living and non living thing as a part of your experience. You are your experience, and if you fracture and hurt any part of your experience, it's not gunna just go away when you die. Eventually there will be an error within your experience when that damaged section of your experience railroad comes back around. Karma.

Simple. We are all different shades of the same experience, and everyone wants a good experience in life, so if you knew that your experience is entirely you.... you wouldn't intentionally hurt yourself, because that's not a fun experience for a human. You wouldn't intentionally destroy everything around you and call it progress just because it's benefiting you now, because you would know that you'll always be back to deal with the fruits of your misdeeds.

If we don't realize that we are one, how can we work as one?

The knowledge of the highest truth solves all of society's ills, my good fellowes! No more war, poverty, epidemics, pollution, greed, hate, or fear.
Everyone takes care of everyone as their own, because that's what everyone is.

Makes a lotta sense to me.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Basically all of what he said. Get everyone in the country to take an ayahuasca trip, and see how fast the disharmony fades!

The only reason I would advocate external '___' or psychedelic chemicals is because most people cannot activate the chemical within themselves by daily deep meditation. We're also in kind of a time crunch here

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Scaye

I think the only way to fix society is by killing people, and I want the job of deciding who lives and who dies. I think I could do it in one minute and forty-five seconds, as an average.
I don't think any other plan for social improvement is anything but "higher lies", and I also think that anyone else who wants "social improvement" also only wants to kill people...they just don't perhaps see themselves and the task as clearly as I do, or, alternately, they're just lying until they feel the number of fellow revolutionaries outweighs the bad publicity from telling the truth.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Scaye

The main problem boils down to spiritual warfare.
Most people are born perfect. They grow up into a complete mess and that's if they're lucky and not a child of straight up satanists as I believe most world leaders are.

So, end the illuminati/luciferian bloodline and you're half way there.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch

Basically all of what he said. Get everyone in the country to take an ayahuasca trip, and see how fast the disharmony fades!

The only reason I would advocate external '___' or psychedelic chemicals is because most people cannot activate the chemical within themselves by daily deep meditation. We're also in kind of a time crunch here

But aren't drug trips different for everyone? What about those that are in the mindset to never do such things? And i still say people will interpret things differently.

Perhaps there isn't one solution to waking people up, it may take many different ways.

I think in the end we should always remain aware of the spiritual, but use the physical more. But people need to get aware first.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Scaye

I don't think drugs are THE answer... but lumping of the addictive and damaging drugs (which are usually heavily processed and tainted with deadly chemicals and pesticides) with the psychedelic drugs is definitely kind of a biased viewpoint.

I've noticed that there are two types of drugs out there. There are drugs such as alcohol coc aine heroine and even weed, which mostly only heighten or dampen your physical experience..... and since we mostly view ourselves as physical only, it's kind of like shoving you even deeper into the material world. Addeiction is caused by physical dependence, and it's not so much the drug you are physically dependent on as it is your relationship to the physical world and how that drug makes you feel it.

Whereas drugs such as '___', peyote, Psychedelic mushrooms, ayahuasca, '___'..... these drugs don't just heighten or dampen your physical senses. They activate mostly unused parts of our nervous system and they detach us from our relationship with the material, and we go somewhere that trascends physical. We experience other states of awareness, not just bent perception. If you've ever experienced a psychedelic trip, you're well aware that sometimes the physical world literally makes you want to puke. I remember one time.... I did something..... and my mom had made lasagna, my favorite food. But I couldn't even look at it without getting nauseous. I wanted nothing to do with food or sex or people.

Basically, the spiritual drugs are just a reminder...sometimes a harsh reminder. If you haven't been made aware by meditation, then you're living forgetfully. Unfortunately, we don't all have the time or the necessary motivation from experience to become Guru Masters of the Spiritual Plane. So psychedelics are simply to be used as a reminder. I am not addicted to psychedelic drugs in any way. Matter of fact, since experiencing a psychedelic trip, it's definitely made me want to trip less. I can't even get high or drunk without being overwhelmed by this connection I always have now..... so the experience has kept me more sober.

Although I can only know for sure that it's not just effects of drugs because I had previously had a spiritual awakening and I had some pretty decent success experiencing other states of awareness during meditation.
You can easily label an experience which you do not have as something it isn't. So for those that think drugs are the way... no no I suggest meditation far more... but also I would say that people who have not experienced being that kind of aware are not the proper authorities on the subject.

This brings up a huge problem with living in a society that views everything as separate. People have cut off empathetic channels for the most part, and so they're deciding "What should we do with these people and their situations?" when they have not even considered any opinion except their own. They cannot possibly be an authority on drugs or drug users or any minority group unless they can attempt to experience the viewpoint of that person/group. In a world where random events are unrelated, empathy could not be possible. How can you know if you can't relate?

Luckily for us, we don't live in an unrelated universe.

There is no path to peace. Peace IS the path.... I think that is one of the MOST important quotes of all time, said by umm friggin GHANDI!
Look at what one man achieved by simply living in peace. Imagine if even 10 percent of our world was as enlightened as Ghandi.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
There's no 'fixing it' in the traditional sense of the concept. It's like a badly set bone, in order to fix it, you have to break it again. Then you can fix it properly.

The quick way would to just make me world dictator.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Scaye

Greetings and gratitude all

As above so below

We are a mirror of creation

What occurs energetically in the universe and earth also occurs within our own being on many levels; touching all

One vision one voice to one people one earth one love

We are all one...truely time is now to live love

Love is the essence from which all our thoughts must grow

Introductions to astral realms have been excellently provided by many beautiful beings within this thread

The intention of this post is to provide the energy of a template in form of basic imperatives by which the energy of love will be anchored in ourselves and the earth; radiating love through all creation as is our nature to be

"Conjoint creation and joy for all from its contemplation"

Given all life is connected, we must know our relations to: ourselves, other beings, and planet earth.....life

There is many levels within the categories; and there is 3 essential topics among them to be discussed which will counteract the force of division rampant on this planet earth and, once lived, will restore the force of unification and our true nature

In respect:
1. Relation to ourselves - vegetarianism
2. Relation to other beings - group meditation
3. Relation to earth - nature living

All of these are interconnected - vegetarianism affects also our relation to other beings and planet earth; group meditation affects also our relation to ourselves and planet earth; nature living affects also our relation to ourselves and other beings... And all represent a lifestyle which will anchor the energy of love on earth

These three topics are exactly on topic, and op exemplified certain forces of division which exist in absence of light and love; certain forces of division which determine plans for us to be separate from ourselves, other beings and earth

We are enticed with distractions which is why we do not always see how entirely easy it is choose to create and live a true life of oneness

Vegetarianism - we cannot speak of oneness if we consume another beings flesh... Do not the certain forces of division treat us as pets to be dispenced with... Know now that the flesh being consumed carries with it an energy signature of a being which was not free to roam the earth and live its natural life... That vibration will affect the frequency of its host if consumed... Plants convert light, they are the closest food source to light... Let us bring in the light!

Group meditation - our thoughts pure are beautiful... Our thoughts pure, collectively, creates worlds... Let us organize and join into group meditations, synchronize with eachother and catalyze the free flowing energy of light and love... There are many sites already participating
www.ashtarcommand.net...
www.globalpeacefoundation.org...

Nature living - all that is necessary is given by earth... The closer we are with earth, the more harmonious our biorhythms... The earth is alive and its energies are connected to our energies... To the awakened mind and activated consciousness technology is but a toy, mimicing natural ability... Happiness is with oneness and creation
Investigate 'Anastasia ringing cedars' and you will experience some of the most powerful information of ages entering your being; awakening your awareness to power, beauty, love, and truth of creation

May the Immanent Emanence Light all Souls with Living LOVE

Peace

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I would make the governments stop their rediculous control, and give every family 4-6 acres of land, to plant their OWN food, build their OWN housing and all be self sustainable, and no longer BE governed.

99% of the problem holdiing people back from doing this, is the governments greeding hording of supposed "crown" land.....rediculous.

Why should people live in tiny appartments like birds in bird cages when there are millions of acres of vacant land aLL over the planet?

Who made them God to say, I am born but the can have no land t5o live on?

Kinda sick controll the systems have I would say.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Get rid of all of the lawyers!! They are tying our hands behind our backs where we can't do anything! Equal rights for everybody....too many people want those rights PLUS extra rights for themselves because they are ( fill in the blank).
Take care of our own country FIRST!
Make teachers the highest paid profession and maybe our kids will have someone to actually teach them.
Turn welfare into a hand-up and not a hand-out! Develope work programs and limit the time you are able to recieve welfare.
Worry about going to Mars after no child in America goes to bed hungry!
This is just for starts.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
whatever we do we need to put in a system of checks and balances that no one can dismantle

people will try - always someone will want a bigger slice of the cake and i do not believe we can trust people to simply choose to do the right thing

so - whatever we do - we need to put in a really well thought out system that keeps everyone on track and no one can manipulate others or a crowd for their own eventual gain, or start wars because wars bring them riches or manipulate to gain control of more land for their own prosperity.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by -zeropoint-
I honestly think it would take positive and effective communism and socialism to fix the world. I am a keen believer that education can fix it all, educating the people and stop oppressing technology that could significantly take the burden off of the world, and stop raping Mother Nature of her fossil fuels too! Clean and FREE energy, clean and free transportation energy, clean and free water, free education, free health. The only void of success is EDUCATION, educate the people to do better, and they will, and not the type of education we see today, I think it’s a dumb, ineffective approach to education. Take back the MSM and clean it up of its corruption, take back the government.

You say clean and free alot.

Nothing is free, and building the equipment to harness the sun,
wind, tides, currents or other will create some pollution.

I think we have no choice but to move towards renewables as
the oil is running out, and sometime in the distant future so
will natural gas and coal.

Currently the one with the smallest footprint on land is the windmills
they are putting up in the wind corridor in the US.

Pickens plan to shift all natural gas to cars til we can come up
with alternative to crude oil looks good on paper.

For a replacement for diesel right now I think the ppl at Valcent
Technologies who use vertical hydroponics to grow 100,000 gal
per acre algae is the best bet for sustainable replacement.

Also the ppl who built the SEGs Solar array in the Mojave Desert
could expand it to the other massive and mostly unused deserts
in the US.

I know what ppl will say, we will harm the environment of the
Gila Monster !!!!! I am sorry, we have limited options and
unless you have another option that works we need to stop
the oceans from turning acidic pronto.

A couple of very difficult methods to capture massive power are
possible as well, the Ocean current one is the most likely doable
of the two.

The Gulfstream has about 30 times all the flow of all the rivers of
the world, and a large portion of it goes right thru the florida straits.

A man made a device called the Aquanator and if placed in the
florida straits it would make tremendous power.

This could could be duplicated in the Antarctic Circumpolar current
as well and could power all of Australia, Africa, and South America.

We would only tap a very small percentage of the currents, not
enough to disrupt their flow.

The other thing that could be tapped but at GREAT difficulty would
be the jetstream.

1% of the awesome wind power of the jetsream would replace all
forms of energy required on the earth.

That statement I just find totally staggering, but it is true and
verifiable on wikipedia.

The only workable idea I have so far is a high altitude balloon
zeppelin could enter the jet stream with light but strong turbines
attached to it to capture power and use it to split 100 - 120 tons
of water into hydrogen and oxygen then return to earth to unload.

Cargolifter AG had a 160 tonne capacity.

Having a small fleet of these all over the world the get their lift from
hydrogen would provide the lift needed to rise that high.

Commercial Airlines already use the jetstream to make certain
flights shorter, so getting into it is doable.

Geo thermal power as mentioned in the venus proect also has
massive potential, and should be tapped "immediately"

Although I must say please don't try it near one of the
super volcanoes.....

The long term goal should be to get us on clean energy from
renewables that end up making electricity.

Vehicles are still a sticking point because we do not have fast
charge batteries just yet, and the fuel cells are cost prohibitive.

I think like the trolley cars of old we can have power running
alongside the roads, but instead of a hot rail or wire that makes
sparks we use and inductive tap much like how a transformer
passes power from one set of coils to another.

Their are inductive meters for measuring power on power lines
for sale now at local tool stores.

Inductive power track in the air above roads would work.

How do we charge ppl for the power ?

You have seen pike pass I am sure ? That is one way.

Another is by a time vs. distance vs. mass calculation.

ie. if you travel one mile at 30 mph you use less power
than one mile at 60 mph, and drag is figured by the
aerodynamics and weight of your vehicle.

It simple checks your odometer once a month, and based on
your drag coefficient your cost is figured.

It is not as hard as one would think.

Plz let me know what you think of these ideas.

I think the world is facing some other serious problems though
and these great ideas may never happen as we weill be too
busy destroying the world instead of fixing it.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 25-11-2008 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
the biggest problem I have with giving things to people who have not worked for it is that at the moment the closest thing we have to that is houses that are given to welfare recepients in may parts of the world

here in Australia I had to live in such an area for about a year and you would think these people would be grateful they were given a house that was quite reasonable, and the rent was calculated according to what they were getting in welfare rather than at market values.

The welfare suburb - full of these houses, was frequently vandalised - houses were burnt just for the hell of it - for entertainment.

if houses were given to indigenous Australians, in no time it would have all the windows broken and anything else that could be broken was broken and the whole property strewn with rubbish. Sometimes these houses cannot be cleaned up and have to be demolished instead.

it would be nice if the houses given to these people could be the starting point to raising their standard of living but instead. our government is fighting a losing battle just keeping up repairing the damage.

I know for a fact that unless you earn it you do not appreciate it. When I was 18 someone gave me $2000-00 to help me buy a house and I made some mistakes and lost all the money. if that was given to me now there is no way I would have lost the money. Now I understand just what it takes to earn that.

So how do we handle that in a resource based economy? would we have a constant drain on resources as some people keep vandalising what they are given just to keep being given more?

what was i doing in welfare suburb? The Government decided to sell off these houses because the area was so bad and the houses were beign burnt for fun. The government was selling houses for $45000-00 that were worth $110000-00 and giving people $18000-00 to buy these houses with. I bought one of these. and the crazy thing is - the people in that suburb chose not to buy one of these houses because they said they did not want to live in that suburb. never for a second they thought in terms of this might give them a leg up to make a better life for themselves.

I sold the house and used the money to move to an area where vantalism was not done just for fun and where people respect their homes a little more.

so how will we address this problem? any ideas? because it is clear that some people are able to use things given to them as a way to make their lives better and some people are unable to think in those terms and some people derive pleasure from wrecking things - and especially so if they are assured they will be given new things for no effort

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shystargazer
Get rid of all of the lawyers!! They are tying our hands behind our backs where we can't do anything! Equal rights for everybody....too many people want those rights PLUS extra rights for themselves because they are ( fill in the blank).
Take care of our own country FIRST!
Make teachers the highest paid profession and maybe our kids will have someone to actually teach them.
Turn welfare into a hand-up and not a hand-out! Develope work programs and limit the time you are able to recieve welfare.
Worry about going to Mars after no child in America goes to bed hungry!
This is just for starts.

Yeah I agree with this totally.

If we simply planted Amaranth near every major city no
one need starve as it is a complete protein.

How palatable it is I do not know as I have not eating it,
but they say the same is true of buckwheat and I know ppl
used to eat that.

That would solve the food issue.

Also in Australia rabbit are a huge problem to the point ppl
are required to keep the rabbit population down.

The rabbits already die due to a cpl of diseases, if treated
for the diseases by adding a few things to their drinking water,
like is already done for chickens then there would be a
rabbit population explosion.

This would feed a lot of ppl as well, it is just there is no money in it.

Welfare does need massive reform, it is current a hand out program.

I do not see it being changed thou, and I see things just getting worse
like it has done for some time.

They thought converting from food stamps to food cards would stop
ppl from selling food stamps, and all the happened is ppl started
buying food items that can be resold for cash.

I do not pretend to know the fix, but I am thinking feed them all
at the local schools as the schools sit empty on saturday and sunday.

That would end selling steaks for cash, which is then used to buy
booze and drugs.

As for the lawyers, most of our politicians are lawyers, so they
will likely not cooperate with reforming their cash cows.

I totally agree the billions spent on space could be better put to use
fixing SERIOUS issues on the planet first.

If energy was cheap and abundant for all ppl on earth, and no one
went hungry as food was everywhere, then the world would
change pretty quickly.

Some ppl would argue that ppl would just reproduce massively
and we'd be right back where we started.

Too many ppl to feed, and not enough resources.

That may be the case, but as observed in the western world
women have less children if they have equal rights and are
educated and have a secure lifestyle, ie. housing, food, etc etc.

Once we get the world up to speed, we can colonize the moon,
and then mars, and then build a real space station instead of some
large tin cans stuck together.

The Helium-3 on the moon can power a Fusion reactor for
the first In Solar system starship.

There is a lot more, but I got a lot of real life stuff to do today.

Take care,

Good Luck to you All !

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think the first step to fixing society, would be to have entire communities raise children, not just parents. This could defeat lots of prejudice, and would build even more loyalty and trust with the rest of society.

Of course, every possible hurdle has been setup by government and the media to prevent this from happening spontaneously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join