It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I found a secret facility

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
For anyone who has seen my prior posts, I'm not given to wild speculation or making false claims about normal events, in fact I'm something of a naysayer. So that may give this a little more weight.

When I say in the title that "I" found a secret facility, that isn't strictly true, a friend of mine did and relayed the details to me, and that's what I'm going to share for you to make up your own mind.

The location of this alleged operation is Pinal Airpark, just outside Tucson, Arizona.

My friend was provided with authorized access (I'd prefer not to give details). He drove down a washboard dirt road for several miles and finally came to a guard hut in the middle of nowhere. The road ahead was blocked by a barrier, and a guard appeared and approached his vehicle. The guard was not dressed in a military uniform, but instead wore an all black para-military outfit and was armed with a standard issue M4/M16 type weapon. He checked off my friends name on his roster and allowed him in.

The dirt road immediately changed to black hardtop, and the area my friend was visiting took him on a long road past other buildings, and it is what he saw there that was the interesting part.

Off to one side was a huge single story grey building better described as a complex, my friend said you could barely see it as it had been dug down into the desert floor, he commented that it would be very difficult to see from above as it was completely flat and colored to blend in with the desert, and it was difficult to make out any features, but the building was huge. Outside there was a sign saying it was operated by a company called "Evergreen" and something about distribution or food distribution, he couldn't recall clearly.

I think it was this Evergreen:

en.wikipedia.org...

Off to one side on an adjacent runway (remember this is an aircraft storage facility) there were a number of military transport airport being loaded with pallets that were coming out of the complex. He noticed at least one C-5 Galaxy, but what struck him as particularly odd was the fact that the aircraft were all painted in plain white undercoat, and although they were military, they bore no markings or paint schemes of any kind.

What were they loading, and where were they going?

I did a little research of Pinal Airpark, and there is a clearly documented history of covert operations there involving the CIA amongst others.

This from Wiki:

en.wikipedia.org...

Marana became the headquarters of all CIA air operations during the Vietnam War years, when it was the primary facility of Intermountain Airlines/Airways/Aviation a wholly owned CIA "front" company which was used to supply covert operations in Southeast Asia & elsewhere.

Intermountain was quite famous for its thinly veiled CIA special ops which included development and use of the Fulton Skyhook, but its cover was its non-scheduled freight and maintenance operations.

Marana was the principal continental United States maintenance base for Southeast Asia CIA operations ops: Air America, Continental Air Services, etc.

It all sounded very strange, a secure facility in the desert shipping an unknown cargo on unmarked military jets at an airbase formerly used by the CIA.

Hey, you decide.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Great find! STAR. So, can this friend of yours get pictures, video evidence? I realize that this would be a serious civil disobedience, but then I'm quite sure the CIA doesn't worry about the lawfulness of it's operations.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Nice find indeed. I too would like to see some photos. Could your friend find the place on Google Earth? If so it would be worth a look.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
was this a one off visit or is he in regular attendance at the base?

ARIEL VIEW: Here

Looks like various buildings are silhouetted against the sand.

Can you tell us what your friend was doing on the base?

star/flagged

[edit on 24-11-2008 by fill0000]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
In answer to your questions, I can't give details about what my friend was doing there, but it was nothing covert or military in nature - I'd prefer not to involve him beyond that, plus it was strictly a one off visit, he won't be going back.

As for photos.

The guard asked him if he had any photographic or communications equipment on him (but didn't search the vehicle) - my friend had a Blackberry with him that was equipped with a camera.

The guard placed a piece of black security tape over the lens, you know the sort - you can tell if it has been removed and replaced.

The tape was removed by the guard when my friend left, obviously they logged its presence on the way in and checked it for tampering on the way out.

My friends exact comment when he described all this to me was "What the hell are they doing out there?".

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Retseh]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
From the link you provided:

Current usage

Pinal Airpark is the home of Evergreen Aircraft Maintenance Facility and Silverbell Army Heliport (SAHP). The Western Army National Guard Aviation Training Site (WAATS) and other numerous National Guard units are located inside SAHP. The WAATS and is used principally for all ARNG AH-64 Apache Attack Helicopter training by the 'Gunfighter University'. It is also extensively used by the British Army for 'Conversion To Role' training for Apache combat operations in Afghanistan. Pinal Airpark also hosts the U.S. Special Operations Command's Parachute Training and Testing Facility.

I doubt it's anything more than that.
If there were anything top secret there, I doubt your friend would tell you the details about being there.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=32.50984~-111.323647&style=h&lvl=19&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&where1=Pinal%20Airpark& encType=1

A better quality microsoft version of the maps

[edit on 24/11/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Google confirms you're on to something. "We're sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region." ..and yet you can zoom in to 100% on a neighbouring farm only a few hundred feet to south.

Kind regards.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Manawydan

Use live maps it zooms in further

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Humm what's this big circular thing up from the airport?

maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=32.541278~-111.343174&style=h&lvl=16&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

[edit]
New link

[edit on 24/11/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Oh, thanks for the link. Still... someone had gone through the trouble of bluring the area away from google maps. That alone should arouse some suspicion.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Manawydan

Where are you looking, you can switch to "Birds eye" mode over the farm for an even closer look.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Here is a site with airport details:
Link

Has some great info there.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Great post.......flagged and starred.

Looking at the sat view of the airfield there is a complex of buildings off the runways to the northwest. They look to be secured with a fence and restricted gated entrance. The two large "green" areas look very blurry and might just be hiding what is really there. Then again......why would two huge (two or three acres each) green areas be maintained in the middle of the desert.......seems very strange.

maps.google.com...,-111.334661&spn=0.002253,0.004807&t=h&z=18

What do you think......?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by omega007

Nahh looks like an admin building

maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=32.504961~-111.334918&style=h&lvl=19&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=31411659&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType =1

Have a look at the buried circular thing I posted on a comment above

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by semjaseforever

What business is it of yours when I'm on here?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hilarious!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I go riding dirt bikes out there all the time......nothing out there. Especially where its listed on the google maps. Lots of open desert....thats all.

Sure would like to know where this mysterious dirt road that turns to pavement is. How about some more details for those of us who actually live in the area.

I think its BS

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join