It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS at risk of subpoena to track "Terrorists" ( Super Patriots )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Could it happen? When the public begins to fight back against the government, information gathering will be used to seek out and detain members of the public who are risks to the security of the government.

ATS and other sites will be under subpoena to track members IP's to their identity.

Is ATS hosted in the USA? Could it be hosted in a neutral country where US subpoena would become unenforceable? I really think this could be a problem in the future. Many people on here actively speak out against the US government and could easily be found as threats worth detaining. It is also a flood of information, sometimes false, sometimes true, but I'm sure some truths that shouldn't be known are told on this site. I would like to see member protections the highest priority from ATS in the event an incident such as this could occur.

Just a thought that popped in my head this morning. Peace and truth be with you all.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Aint gonna happen.

S.O, Springer and Simon have all assured us this isn't going to happen and if threatened, would indeed move the servers overseas.

Not a new concept you've thought of and has been covered before.

No worries, at all.

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ugh. They never learn. This is why I have long wished for the US to be in the crapper.

And it seems there is a God.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

What are you talking about? Your post doesn't apparently pertain to either the topic or the ongoing conversation.
You want the PTB to subpeona The 3 Amigos to get your name? Or was this just your latest chance to voice your dislike for my home?

C

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Moving it overseas would create more legal problems...no?

If it gets to that point is thier anywhere really safe?

I am one who tends to see destruction of some form on the horizon.

Thier are not enough people who see that we are free and who see that by allowing others to "take care" of you leads to bondage.

Are you not worried at all, Cuhail?

It seems that tension is building on so many fronts it is a wonder that we are not at all out war as we speak.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
By the way I do not see President Bush as being an evil kind of guy. I hear he is very down to earth and very pleasant.

I believe that it has been the action (or non action) of all of us who have done nothing as we allowed goverment to gain so much power over a person to the point that the Pursuit of happyness may be a by gone fairy tale.

Something needs to be done and to some tearing it all down and starting over is in the cards.

To not see this fact would certainly be a sighn!! Like the Redneck joke....There's Yer Sighn!!

lol

Bottomline we are living in a time of "change".

To be aware of the idea of a subpoena in the horizon is wise. But to move the server overseas would open up a whole other can of worms.

edit..sorry I posted before I finished my thoughts...I have a hard time typing on my new notebook.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I guess my answer is easy, they already know about everyone and who is what and who is talking to who. They don't need ATS to give them anything as they have a copy of everything ever put on these threads already, as well as agent provocateurs and dis-info agents signed up I am sure. They have everything you ever did online stored, all your email and all your phone conversations since at least the early 80's if not before. Check out the term Echelon and see what they were doing under Clinton for sure and Bush for sure, but probably since he early 80's.

History Channel did a show on it under History's Mysteries I believe and I believe it is available online through Google or youtube. I know it is available on my site under the video archives section.

But bottom line is I think that ATS doesn't need to hand over anything, they already know who we all are and who is a threat to their NWO. General Ben Parton (and many other former government people) said so in many books, interview and videos. He said they have lists of those who can be re-educated, hence all the camps being built by Halliburton in the U.S. And lists of those that need to be taken out, termination lists. And lists of those that won't be a problem and can be left alone in the beginning.

Edited to add link to my echelon video from History Channel Here

[edit on 11/24/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
reply to post by eldard

What are you talking about? Your post doesn't apparently pertain to either the topic or the ongoing conversation.
You want the PTB to subpeona The 3 Amigos to get your name? Or was this just your latest chance to voice your dislike for my home?

I'm talking about your government's paranoia. And yes. I'm using this latest chance to voice my dislike for your home.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I don't know what they would need subpoenas for, ATS seems to be google cached almost as it is posted.

I imagine there are other web crawlers scraping the content here as well. Computer programs connecting dots, analyzing writing styles, filtering content, and already has identified the 'Super Patriots' mentioned in the OP.

Moving servers overseas wouldn't change the google cache, or the cache of other web crawlers, unless some serious 'norobot' codes get tossed in.

I mean, isn't the content also on the wayback machine?

DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Your not alone in not liking hypocrites, that inhabit the space between mexico and canada.

They have all our details already and they probably egg us on, and we actually help them sometimes, in there deeds, thoughts i hate saying that.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

It is not very difficult at all for someone to cache and crawl the web. The hard part, and why places like Google stand out from the rest in terms of search results is how quickly you can return valid and meaningful results.

The way google does it is it creates a 4d type matrix. Where words are broken down to their most basic forms(semantics). They are then indexed and grouped based on those values.

You enter in a search term, that term is given a value, then Google quickly returns the closest pages to those values, rather than searching for matches across it's entire huge database. Pages with the same value are then stacked based on popularity and other things.

Very complicated and I am given a really simplified explanation. But it is sooo easy for anyone to crawl and take data, anyone can do it with minimal effort. My sites are crawled by 100's of unidentified robots. And my sites are like commercial information/shopping - nothing like these.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I am just about sure that their is technology already being used to figure out this site. For the most part, many of ATS members won't even register on the radar. But I am sure that there will be some who will ring an alarm. Not so much because of what they post here, but because of they do in their personal life as well. IMO, there is no such thing as a secured site.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I don't see why anyone should be worried about it unless they are saying things they shouldn't be saying.

Besides, why go after ATS? There is so much half truths and whole lies on this site the gov't is probably laughing thier heads off at the total chaos of people on here with thier doomsday predictions and whatnot.

I'd say the likeliness of any government 'tracking terrorists' on ATS is slim to none. Too many people focus their attention to 'what-ifs' instead of focusing on what really is.

]¥[

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

Terrorists are not super patriots as the post title implies, but to the government and PTB I am sure the title is correct. the biggest hindrance to the governmental takeover of us is our Right to Bear Arms. Obama will try to take that though, wait and see.

I think the government already knows everything about everyone and ATS may be part of some ones file but surely as you say not the only part.

I believe much of he mis-info is really dis-info agents or some dupe parroting them.

I know I am on the red list (kill list) as I am a Vet, I talk about the constitution and Natural Rights, I am male and white and heterosexual and Christian. I have several websites that say the government commits and funds most real terror acts and I own guns. And now you all are linked to me b this thread, welcome to the RED LIST...

edited for spelling

[edit on 11/24/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven

Are you not worried at all, Cuhail?

No. No I'm not. Not even a little bit. What do I really need to worry about? I own my home outright. I own 3 vehicles, two of which are 4X4. I live in an unincorporated area. I have stocked and prepared for any major event. I hold no guns, but, I am well armed. I have no red "Tag" against me. I am, for the most part, innocuous and invisable. I have contacts in local, county and state police forces and have assurances of warnings on when to bug out and access to weapons/firearms if I needed them. I have training to cover most situations.
I am not a target. I assure you. So, why should I worry. Worry is a waste of time and energy...as is hate.

originally posted by eldard

I'm talking about your government's paranoia. And yes. I'm using this latest chance to voice my dislike for your home.

Where do you live, buddy? I'm sure I can come up with something to dislike about your country. But, it would really serve no purpose. You can rant all day about how you dislike America, but, until you walk a mile in my shoes, it matters not. American people are still the most free people in the world. We can bitch about Bush without getting thrown in the can for it. We can still go to the park without seeing tanks and military vehicles. We can go almost anywhere in the world without too much trouble.
Don't get me wrong. Our government needs a kick in the ass, THAT'S for sure, but, on the whole, my home is a good place to live.

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Honestly, I have worried about that type of thing anyway.

I don't want to give to much info, because I figured these sites are all watched by the government and everything we say is copied.

Look at the "Godlike Productions" I will never post anything on that site, since the owner is actually a "Travisstock" person.

Any sites you have to be careful on.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Subpoena? They don't even need a subpoena. Don't worry they probably just think everyone here is a cook job anyway.

new topics

top topics

join