It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

empathic abilities

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It always makes me uncomfortable to talk about God and Religions.
I have my ideas. Ones that evolved over time.
I consider myself fortunate to have not been raised within the boundries of one religion.
My mother was raised fire and brimstone Babtist. My father was an atheist Doctor.
My mother didn't want to impose beliefs on me that she had questions about. She wanted me to be free to find my own.
My mother believes in God, but also believes there is more to it than what it taught in churches. She believed a church could be found "under a tree".
I asked my dad once if he believed in God and he told me "no, I think when we die it all ends" and I felt sad for him. I eventually considered him a selfish man and broke all ties. His presence in my life only caused me pain, and I decided to stop it, regardless of social rules.
As a child, I had a sense of more, I wondered where I had been before this life. I sensed a plan. Later I would find occult theories, would ask questions of my "religious" friends, look in to other religions, and search my own heart for the truth. I took from each what I wanted. But I wasn't taught to fear God. I wasn't taught to perform sacrifice. I merely had an innate sense of what was good and what was bad behavior. I was a conscientious child with an innate sense of fairness.
It has been hard to retain the qualities I had as a child in the face of the ugliness I have seen.
But I strive to be more like that child I was, yet retain the wisdom I have now. I try not to be jaded, and paranoid, and put up protective walls.
I try to give people what I needed, understanding. I try to keep an open mind.
I try to relate to people.
I am empathetic only to the degree that I understand and am familiar. Empathetic abilities are only as good as that. Experience in the human condition from this life, and perhaps others is the only well I have to draw from.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
in didn't feel like reading through eery post but i wanted to either say or just add to the truth the bible tells against withcraft sure but the bible also says clearly that people will have spiritual gifts......and magic uhhh i believe summoning fire from the sky or making an iron axe head float is clearly magic both of these done by a prophet of God........so listen if you are of faith the more you grow in your faith the greater your ability will become......feeling reading minds even controlling it's all possible!!! if you believe.........just pray to God and seek mor knowledge on spiritual gifts......empathic abilities would fall under a forthtelling ability

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by aleon1018

Yes, the source has to believe jesus was the son of God. Also, some have the gift of identifying spirits....the whole thing is kind of like how the the whole is greater than the sumof it's parts.

The point I was making was that the source is tapping into an energy or information source which isn't meant to suggest a certain individual but an energy type of matrix such as the wind. If you interpet that as the holy spirit, Jesus or whomever, than that's fine for you. That doesn't mean you won't get a "Wrong" number or pretenious entity that's around or near you already.

It is obvious that many christian counselors are more business oriented and without any extraordinary ability or what this thread is about: "Empathy."

People are than numbers to add to a congregation to fill the quota and church funds. This is why a don't care for organized religion. Faith is based on finance.

No doubt they would prefer someone who has money to keep the church going.

The Jesus figure had said: "You shall know them by their works." ??

False miracles are said to be in many churches with the objective to bring in money.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thestatue

...what do you mean...controlling? are you telling me that i could likely have control over someone else's mind? how do you know this? and for how long could a person have this control?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
sorry but i'm going to stop posting on this thread. i haven't learned anything, nor have i received a good Christian viewpoint on my abilities, so this is it for now. maybe some other thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Bobby great thread. I scored artist empath.

It does hold true to me. I'm repsoniblie and aware of the emotions and feeligns within me. I create feelings and turn them into the reality around me.

The other thing, about my empathic abilties. Is that I can project my feelings to other artistically.

Anyway just a quick comment.

Great thread

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbyboy

So here is a little something from an empath.

As I was growing up, there were many occasions where I could tell what others were thinking. Originally I thought I might be telepathic or something. Later on, in junior high, I had serious issues because cliques started to form, and I couldn't figure out who I was. No matter who I was around, I began to take on thoughts, traits, speech patterns etc. And the contrast of different cliques made it appearent to me that it was more than simply being wishy washy.

When I became of marrying age, it really became a problem, because I had never learned how to tell the difference between what others were feeling and what I was feeling.

It was about this time that it really started bothering me, so I sought assistance. I was introduced to something called ACOA (Adult Chidlren of Alcoholics).

What I discovered astounded me. I realized that I had developed empathic tendencies as a child as a defense mechanism. I was raised by an alcoholic and extremely volatile father. I had developed the ability to discern what he felt was good or bad, so that I could make sure that I was seen as good (hence the change in personality based on who I was around).

The understanding of this syndrome as it were really helped me. I learned that it was a capability that I had, but it had been using me instead of the other way around.

Anyway.. my empathic skill isn't something I turn on or off, it's something that just happens, many times but not all. It's always neat and can afford a sense of intimacy that is outstanding, but it still causes me issues sometimes differentiating between what I feel and what others feel.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Kind sir you have the ability to show understanding before they are manifested in to words.
Your mood/attitude would reflect acknowledgment. :-)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Everyone is it bad feeling alot of pain from the people u care about others. all there feelings get into me. i can feel wht they feel and understand what they gone through i figure out my Gift was empathic abilities since was a small and seen things even after its like im part of them and the pain just gets worst and worst, i want to help my family friends and everyone i meet. with my Gift but i have no way to control this. its like there pain is stuck in me.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I am a empath and it has made me a nervous wreck.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I know this is an old post, but I have to comment. I'm a Christian too, but if you study the bible it talks about gifts of mercies. This sounds very much like this. I have similar traits, one time I was praying in church with a large group and I could feel this lady had a heavy heart and it hit me. I started bawling, and I didn't know her, or why she had this sadness. I feel crushed hearts in stores sometimes. I believe the Holy Spirit gives this to me to minister to others. He who is in you, is greater than he who is not. This is not from satan. Use it for edifying and building up the body and give all glory to God.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join