It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Christian Terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
A radical christian fundi terrorist drove across the country to confront his estranged wife, then killed her in a church vestibule as Sunday services let out, authorities said. Two other people were injured in the attack, which sent churchgoers scrambling for safety.

Source
www.msnbc.msn.com...

When is the government going to do something to protect the public from radical christian fundi terrorist. It seems to be getting uglier and uglier out there every day as chirstian fundis run amok. This just goes to show you how these unregulated so called religions organizations need to be disbanded before they cause anymore trouble in our beautiful america. They spout tolerance but it is evident that they are if anything bigoted to any that don't share their views.

In my opinion it is time for action to stop these christian fundi terrorist.

Legal definition of Terrorism

Terrorism means activities against persons, organizations or property of any nature committed by an individual or individuals acting on behalf of any foreign person or foreign interest: 1. that involve the following or preparation for the following: a. use or threat of force or violence; or b. commission or threat of a dangerous act; or c. commission or threat of an act that interferes with or disrupts an electronic communication, information, or mechanical system; and 2. when at least one of the following applies: a. the effect is to intimidate or coerce a government or the civilian population or any segment thereof, or to disrupt any segment of the economy; or b. it appears that the intent is to intimidate or coerce a government, or further political, ideological, religious, social or economic objectives or to express (or express opposition to) a philosophy or ideology.
www.nhlgc.com...

He definitely meets these terms.

Edit add definition of terrorism.

[edit on 11-24-2008 by Velvet Death]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think my views on 'hard core' Christianity are fairly obvious from other threads. However, reading the story, I'm not sure where "terrorism" or "fundamentalism" actually comes into play.

Unless there's a load of factors not being mentioned, this seems more like a case an estranged spouse going nuts and sadly killing his ex-partner.

To me, this is more of an issue about responsible gun ownership than "fundamentalism" or "terrorism". This guy shouldn't have been within a mile of a gun.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This has got to be one of the most stupid, biased posts I've seen in a long time.

The report says nothing about 'terrorist'....Christian fundamental or not. It doesn't even say the man was a Christian, just that his wife was in a church.......and presumably she was a Christian.

I presume that you are ok with all the Muslim terrorists, then......not to mention all the atheists who shoot people in the head....?

Should atheism then be outlawed?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Old Man
This has got to be one of the most stupid, biased posts I've seen in a long time.

This post is not as stupid or biased as the radical homosexual terrorism thread of 16-NOV-2008. I think it is just shows that there are bad christians out there also.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Wow. Your bigotry is showing. I fail to see how Christian fundamentalism caused this violence. Do elaborate if you can actually think of a reason.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
wow no offense but you just took a flying leap of faith into a pit of spikes there, swing and a miss bud. but granted yes some of the more "unique" religious groups need to be handled, like scientology for one

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet Death

This post is not as stupid or biased as the radical homosexual terrorism thread of 16-NOV-2008. I think it is just shows that there are bad christians out there also.

No, that's fair enough. I don't think anyone is denying there are 'bad christians', even the most fervent of Christians will happily espouse that particular viewpoint.

However, there's a marked difference between 'bad' and "fundamentalism" and "terrorism". In the story you've brought to the board there is no fundamentalism or terrorism involved at all. If that was the case, all murder would be terrorism. As far as the fundamentalist aspect, it's not entirely clear that the murderer was actually even a Christian himself. It was his wife that was attending the church. If actually knowing where a church is amounts to prove of being a Christian, then I'm in for a shock when I eventually die.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
an idioit with a gun isnt a terrorist despite what religeon he chooses to prescribe to not all muslims are terrorists not all funddies are either

a funddie terrorist would be an abortion clinic bomber or one who guns down people to further an agenda of faith by attacking a rival christian group or other faith because of thier faith or actions they have taken as part of it

violent man with a gun no religeous terrorists to see

*this looks like funddies propoganda in reverse where they balme evolution for school shootings*

you may not have faith but that doesnt mean you can play as dirty, take the moral high ground its a nice view from up here and it upsets the moralless athiest argument no end

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Combating bigotry and bias with even more bigotry and bias is probably the worst way to make your point. If you had started a thread about fundamentalist Christians that bomb abortion clinics, I would agree they are terrorists. A Christian that kills someone is not a terrorist, and you cannot blame the death on the religion.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Raustin/noobfun are exactly right a lunatic with a gun is not necessarily a terrorist. Similary a person associated with a church or claiming to be a Christian may in fact be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

1) Bible is clear(paraphrasing).. many will say Lord Lord at the judgement and God will say depart I never knew you.
2) Actions in this case show me the person doing the shooting does not understand forgiveness or mercy.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Raustin/noobfun are exactly right a lunatic with a gun is not necessarily a terrorist. Similary a person associated with a church or claiming to be a Christian may in fact be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

1) Bible is clear(paraphrasing).. many will say Lord Lord at the judgement and God will say depart I never knew you.
2) Actions in this case show me the person doing the shooting does not understand forgiveness or mercy.

Yes, but that doesn't give the OP the right to state in the opening post that this murder is the work of fundamentalist Christian terrorists....or to call for the abolition of Christian fundamentalism, either because of the work of one man (even if he were a Christian fundamentalist).....or because of his/her (OP's) own personal beliefs.

Otherwise, why not call for the abolition of satanism, atheism, Islam, and any other group as a result of one member of that group having committed a heinous crime.

OP seems so intent on putting his/her own views forward, that they are willing to put an inordinate and unwarranted amount of spin into the post.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Old Man]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Oldman,
Well said...I see the same thing. That is the norm around here it seems. My guess is the women was a Christian found out the guy cheated on her- left him and he failed in convincing her to return. Could be one of others shot was new boyfriend. Don't know just guessing.

BP

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
looks more like it was abusive behaviour then adultery for the motive

hence the restraining order she had against him

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
So... anyone who commits murder is a terrorist?

Insert Second line here.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet Death

It's not as bad, it's worse. Stooopider and biaseder.

The first was engaging in hyperbole to make a point. The second (yours) was just dopey.

A) The only person that seemed to possibly fit the bill of Christian 'fundie' was the victim.
B) The gunmen was under no definition a terrorist, nor could it be construed that he was.
C) Your own definition refuted your claim.

Nice job!

Eric

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Velvet Death

So a church is shot up while they are holding services, two people die, a third is in critical condition. The gunman's faith is not mentioned. Yet this is radical Christian terrorism? The Christians were the victims (although it doesn't look like they were targeted for their faith).

When is the government going to do something to protect the public from radical christian fundi terrorist.

Even though the article has nothing to do with your thread title, several posters had issues with the fact the church in the other thread had security guards. Some of us mentioned incidents like this as one of the reasons. Hopefully those members will stop blaming the churches for having security and start taking a look at society.

reply to post by BlackProjects

The article said she left him due to the fact he was abusive. Also, the article said the other victims were 'at the wrong place at the wrong time' and had no relation to the victim or gunman. So it wasn't adultery or a new boyfriend. Just a psychotic man who couldn't handle his battered wife leaving him.

Hope that helps.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Velvet Death

Your post title and content is distressing that you can not see that he obviously aint a Christian. A Christian is one who follows Christ, Christ said do not Murder so just because he claims to be a Christian don't make it so. As Christ said many will come to him and say they were of him but he said he Spits them out.

The title should be Terrorist nut job kills estranged wife in church, for every one so called Christian Terrorist there are millions and millions of Christians that know right from wrong and don't do those things. Take the Klan for an example, just because they claim to be Christians don't make it so. If I claim to be emperor it doesn't make it so.

I personally think this is another let's bash the Christians thread as any logical thinking person would know that murderers aren't following Christ. Shooting abortion doctors is murder and not of GOD, even if the murderer claims he did it for GOD.

You shall know them by their deeds, what does this guy's deeds say to a rational thinking human? To me it says deranged murderer or psychotic murderer, it does not say Christian Terrorist to me...

top topics

join