It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can NASA Really Send A Radio Or TV Signal From The Moon ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
Your post is not accurate, do the math, there is no way that can be done with current technology. Billion miles, what a joke, you can beleive that if you want but I am not biting.

Lastday Prophet,

If you really want to better your understanding and �Deny Ignorance� you should watch this video from NASA regarding the Voyager space probe.

realserver1.jpl.nasa.gov:8080...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet... I am not the one misinformed or deceived. I don't believe everything "THEY" tell us, I have found this world to be full of LIES and DECEPTIONS. I try to "prove" all things....

You seem to infer that "THEY" is "US"?? What I mean is, the people that have responded to your posts, aren't actually "THEY" (or, at least as far as I'm aware LDP). Certainly, I'm not working for the Government or any sort of agency that tries to spread disinformation. Yet the information imparted by others in this thread has contained some very salient points - and, let's face it, "scientific" knowledge that has been accepted by the majority of people since Copernicus reasoned that the Earth moves around the Sun around 1514 (more here .

As for the "lies and deceptions" you've found in your Life, I'm sorry that you are so disillusioned LDP. However, this really goes beyond this thread, doesn't it? Specifically, that radio signals can't be received or transmitted to the Moon.

And, as for "proving all things" - that is a fine state of mind to possess, but why not adopt a policy of trying to "learn" something too?

Have you *checked* any of the sites that have been suggested to you LDP? Surely you owe us all that much please?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sceptic, I quess you are the only one in here that has never mispelled a word.( by the way that has nothing to do with the topic) Aparently you have a problem with me, in all your post on my topics you always come negative. No one else has attacked me as you have. I have an answer to most of your claims about me, but if I posted it I am sure you would ban me. I am not as free as you are to make such accusations without a threat of being banned in which you have forewarned me. Let the people decide for themselves what is true. It is getting close to 2000 views of this post, apparently people want to know the truth concerning this issue. My conclusions are based on simple math, the moon being 250,000 miles away and current satellite technology that has a range of only 23,000 miles.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Lastday Prophet,

I�m a bit slow I admit. However your strategy is now crystal clear. If you run into anything that would disprove your theory regardless of the scientific truth, you simply deny its existence. It doesn�t seem you are looking for the truth, you simply want to defend your theory so that your pride remains untarnished. If you installed dishes for TV reception for the general public, that would explain why everyone is switching to cable.

PS, Sorry for the flame SkepticOverlord.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

It is getting close to 2000 views of this post, apparently people want to know the truth concerning this issue.

I dont know about the rest but for me it is the amusment factor.

I LOVE THIS THREAD

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday ProphetMy conclusions are based on simple math, the moon being 250,000 miles away and current satellite technology that has a range of only 23,000 miles.
-sigh- Since when does satellite technology have anything to do with RF electromagnetic waves? The two are mutually exclusive technolgies. Your constant confusion over this is a solid clue that you have no clue. And... someone who has studied these topics simply would not spell microwaves as "Micro-Waves". Not possible. Won't happen. So... back to some of the basic questions... what exactly is your education? Your next answer will determine the life of this embarassing thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Last Prophet,

I suggest that if you truly want to catch up with the giants that currently surround you start with studying LEO communications:

Low bandwidth S-Band is used for voice and discreet telemetry command uplinks/downlinks.

High bandwidth Ku-Band is used for vid-transmission and large-data transmission.

These are real good stepping stones to the moon once you understand how these work all the way around the world!!! with only a very brief LOS (I'm using this acronym correctly here to mean "Loss of Signal" not "line of sight") LOS occurs in the ZOE (zone of exclusion).

Now the Russians do it completely different, they uplink/downlink commands via their super-duper decoder rings, and talk over megaphones! That's why they always have to have a direct line-of-sight transmission directly over their wee-li'l-heads! For that reason, they only get about 15 minutes of transmission time. (This is part of the reason they are still operating on "cyclograms" (i.e. canned-timed programs that they beam aboard in one big blob and then hope for the best for the majority of the day.)

Anyway, that's about the gist of my COMM 101 class. Everybody else is way ahead of me after that.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What does my education have to do with the post,it is not relevant and off topic. I have posted info that is easily proven to be accurate. I could tell you that I am a rocket scientist from MIT, how would I prove it ? so let's just deal with the facts that you continually avoid. IntelGurl posted pictures of NASA'S deep space satellite dishs, which prove that they are using satellites to relay signals. We also know that the current range of sending signals via satellite is 23,000 miles. if the range of a satellite signal is 23,000 miles, how can you send the same signal 250,000 miles. You can ban me if you like, it will only confirm to me that you are not interested in the truth and that only your opinion is valid. One thing you have done is help me to understand the art of misinformation and I thank you for teaching me what things to look for. The world is much larger than this site, so do what you will.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Lastday ProphetMy conclusions are based on simple math, the moon being 250,000 miles away and current satellite technology that has a range of only 23,000 miles.

-sigh-

Since when does satellite technology have anything to do with RF electromagnetic waves? The two are mutually exclusive technolgies. Your constant confusion over this is a solid clue that you have no clue.

THANK YOU!!!!!! That was my point, back on, ummmm page 2 I think.

Lastday Prophet, you're confused about this whole topic and since you refuse to educate yourself one bit, I regret to inform you that you are HOPELESS!

You are arguing some crap about Sat. Communications yet you seem unable to comprehend the basic physics behind how they communicate.

Once again here are some links to help you figure out your problem for yourself. If you refuse to study them, then it's your fault, live with it.

hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

... We also know that the current range of sending signals via satellite is 23,000 miles. if the range of a satellite signal is 23,000 miles, how can you send the same signal 250,000 miles. ...

Firstly, LDP, could you find it in yourself to use paragraphs please? I'm not patronising you but these long blocks of text are difficult to follow. Thank you in anticipation.

23 000 miles as a limit?

How, then, do you explain the communications to and from Mars ?

Mars is

"On Aug. 27 at 5:51 a.m. ET (1051 GMT) Mars was less than 34.65 million miles (55.76 million kilometers) away -- closer than it�s been in 59,619 years. " taken from here

Could you answer that please?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

IntelGurl posted pictures of NASA'S deep space satellite dishs, which prove that they are using satellites to relay signals.

So a dish can only be used to transmit/recieve data to/from a sattellite? Radio astronomy makes extensive use of what you refer to as 'satellite dishes', but there are no satellites involved.

Are you saying that there has to be a satellite in order for a signal to exist?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

What does my education have to do with the post,it is not relevant and off topic. I have posted info that is easily proven to be accurate.

Further proof that this guy lives in his own world where the laws of science are to his liking.

PS I am still convinced that he did this just to get points.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It is getting close to 2000 views of this post, apparently people want to know the truth concerning this issue. My conclusions are based on simple math, the moon being 250,000 miles away and current satellite technology that has a range of only 23,000 miles.

The reason the people are coming to view the post is because they can't beleive someone claiming to be an expert in satellite communications can type the drivel you have typed here.

It's called HILLARIOUS!

m...

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND...
PS I am still convinced that he did this just to get points.

But at a terrible price CH, don't you think??

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Maybe LDP is applying his knowledge of TV satellite reception to this subject. I don�t know but I�m attempting to understand his reasoning and logic myself because he doesn�t explain it very well. Does anyone know if you would need a huge and powerful dish to transmit 200 channels of interruption free, static free television programming to its customers? I doubt transitions to a space probe, rover, or the moon would require the same power. They aren�t broadcasting 200 channels of movies and programming to mars, just some simple code.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
what I am saying is that NASA is using satellite dishs ( a parabolic antenna that is focused on a peticular sateliite to send or recieve tv/radio signals) there is also a parabolic antenna that does not point to a satellite but gathers radio signals from the atmosphere. The two are not the same but look similar. The dishs that NASA is using are satellite antennas. If you look real close at the pictures you will see a round V shaped inverted pan located at the end of the feed horn that points to the center of the dish. this pan indicates that this dish is used for uplinks to a satellite. If you take a look at any Large ( C-Band Mesh or solid) dish in your area, you will not find this pan because downlinks only recieve signals and this pan is for reflecting the signal in toward the dish and then reflect it up to the satellite. Any satellite tech can confirm this. so if NASA'S dish's are sending a signal up to the satellites we still come back to the range of 23,000 miles. What don't you guys understand ?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

so if NASA'S dish's are sending a signal up to the satellites we still come back to the range of 23,000 miles. What don't you guys understand ?

JESUS CHRIST man! Can't you READ either?! Or have you just not bothered?!

Unless you are mentally retarded, you SURE AS HELL didn't finish Highschool or read a single word of this thread's education that has been afforded you.

Just because there are SOME satellites in Geosynch orbit at 23,000 miles that does NOT mean there is no way to transmit/receive beyond that.

You are absolutely wrapped up and TIED DOWN with basic television technology and can't seem to get it through your head that there is MUCH MORE out there IN USE EVERYDAY.

This has been explained and DOCUMENTED on this thread SEVERAL TIMES read it!

m...

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
LDP,

I�m done. I will leave you with my last words because your story holds no water. I think Sesame Street said it best.

A Hole In The Bucket

Henry:
There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza,
There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, a hole.

Liza: (crying)
Use the bucket dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry,
Use the bucket, dear Henry, dear Henry, the bucket!

Henry: Uh, Liza????
There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza,
There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, a hole.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
OMG! How moronic!

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet IntelGurl posted pictures of NASA'S deep space satellite dishs, which prove that they are using satellites to relay signals.
Are you really that dense? Just because it's a dish, does not mean it's satellite communications. A dish can send and receive a variety of signals in all sorts of directions. Is this really the core basis of your bizarre neurosis on this topic... than you confuse a dish antenna with an absolute that satellites are involved? How sad. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

We also know that the current range of sending signals via satellite is 23,000 miles.
No. Some satellites are that far out from the earth. Don't confuse that with range. If that were true, it would be exceptionally stupid to place a repeater for critical communications at the limits of its range.

You can ban me if you like, it will only confirm to me that you are not interested in the truth and that only your opinion is valid. One thing you have done is help me to understand the art of misinformation and I thank you for teaching me what things to look for. The world is much larger than this site, so do what you will.
What a sad, sad, silly man interested only in refuting accepted knowledge and embracing ignorance.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet If you look real close at the pictures you will see a round V shaped inverted pan located at the end of the feed horn that points to the center of the dish. this pan indicates that this dish is used for uplinks to a satellite.
Huh... Then what is this one used for? It has what you describe... but never is involved with satellites. (BTW: That's the famous Arecibo Observatory, and what you're describing is a microwave equivalent of a yagi to improve gain for both reception and transmission.)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join