It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - Non fluoride toothpastes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
My children haven't used fluoride toothpaste in 3-4 years and they have never had a cavity.

I would suggest getting a British Berkey with p4 elements to take out the fluoride in your drinking water or a distiller.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
BE CAREFUL!
Toms of Maine take out the fluoride, and add Sodium Laurel/Laureth Sulphate, a highly toxic carcinogen. You need a toothpaste with neither...

Try making your own with MSM, Maca Root, Vit C. mint oil, and other things....

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I have done quite amount of research on fluoride as of late. Here is just a brief amount of information I have found. The sodium fluoride that is put in water and toothpaste is actually left over waste from aluminum companies. There has been no evidence that proves fluoride does prevent cavities or show any other beneficial use. In fact, it has been proven to be very harmful. The documentary explains it all. Here is a link that will take you to a 30 min documentary on the truth about water fluoridation. You'll be shocked.

video.google.com...

Google Video Link

As for toothpaste brands Tom's of Maine actually has a fair amount of Fluoride-free products as well a few SLS free.

For the most part almost all bottled water have fluoride, but some are naturally occuring while others are added, or all ready present due to water actually being taken from the public water supply. Bottled water like Dasani and Aquafina are just tap water that have been purified. A good portion most likely contains the fluoride from industrial waste. Seeing that more than 60 percent of all public water supply in America is currently using water fluoridation. There are also a few companies that add fluoride to there water and even market it like its a good thing. Now there are some companies that have fluoride free water, but that water is for the most part distilled. Distillation is the process of boiling the water until it changes to steam, which in turn removes these elements. There might be other ways to do this but I have not come across any so far. I have however come across a link that provides fluoride levels in Poland Spring water. Here it is

eservice.polandspring.com...

Their Poland Spring distilled water has no fluoride present. The Poland Spring Natural Spring has very little ranging from 0.0 -0.27, which is quite small and probably natural not added. As to whether or not these numbers are completely accurate I can not say. After all when organizations like the Center for Disease Control to this day consider water fluoridation to be one of the top ten public health achievements in the 20th century with no actual evidence to back it up. You really start to question just about everything anyone says about fluoride.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by arc de triumphe

I thought toothpastes like Arm and Hammer was fluoride free because it was "Baking Soda" I was wrong!

I now use Euthymol
It may be from the highly ethically controversial company Johnson and Jonson, but it is actually Fluoride free. My wife uses Just plain Baking Soda.

I am still a little wary of the ingredients though.

I've just found this, but only really skimmed it:
Top 10 Dangerous Toothpases Ingredients

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Hi All,

After spending some time reading about sodioum fluoride in our water and toothpaste, i was wondering if any of you know of toothpaste brands that do not have sodium flouride in them ? Also what about bottled water like Evian, etc etc ?

Uheeww Evian. Ewww. Buy distilled water. Cheap, perfectly clean, will also help decalsify the pineal gland. As for toothpaste I use Toms. You can buy it at Walmart or CVS and a lot of places. That is the only toothpaste I have ever seen that does not have fluoride.

Distilled water contrary to popular belief is extremely healthy. In fact its what they drink on the navy ships and subs. Anyhow I encourage you to Google both don't just take my word for it.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

HiAliens
BE CAREFUL!
Toms of Maine take out the fluoride, and add Sodium Laurel/Laureth Sulphate, a highly toxic carcinogen.

At first I was going to say you were full of it. Then I went and grabbed my toothpaste. You're right. However its not a highly toxic carcinogen because its in almost every shampoo and lotion known to man. I know because it irritates my skin. I have to buy lotion without it.

I am going to disagree with you here. Its perfectly safe in toothpaste. You brush and rinse your mouth. This chemical is found in THOUSANDS of products. The people who need to be worried about it are those who wear makeup or use the lotion.

From my Google search and study its been proven to be an irritant not a carcinogen but is suspected to be carcinogenic (when contaminated with two other chemicals). I tell you what though I'll take it in my toothpaste over fluoride any day. In fact its only known to be a carcinogen when contaminated with two other chemicals.

As sensitive as I am to the stuff (my skin peels) I have never once in my life had any irritation in my mouth when using Toms. So the dose must be so low to be a completely moot point. Its also used in enemas and as a laxative. IMHO use it over the known poison. 16,000 studies have been done on SLS and as I already stated its only known to be carcinogenic when contaminated.

edit on 22-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I just sprinkle a little baking soda on a wet tooth brush works just fine. As for water some stores sell something called nursery water it has no fluoride but still has the minerals in it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join