It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - Non fluoride toothpastes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hi All,

After spending some time reading about sodioum fluoride in our water and toothpaste, i was wondering if any of you know of toothpaste brands that do not have sodium flouride in them ? Also what about bottled water like Evian, etc etc ?

Sorry if in the wrong forum, Mods please move at will :-)

Any information is mostly appreciated as i am having trouble finding a brand that does NOT contain any sodium fluoride.

Peace and Love

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Toms of maine makes good ones. Also the health food stores have a few. Tom of Maine sells in main stores.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Here in Australia, Woolworths have their own brand of fluoride free toothpaste. I don't trust Evian simply because how it is spelled backwards, nothing more, but that is just me.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Here's a site with a tonne of brands.

I personally use Jason brand and others that don't contain sodium laurel sulfate.

Dentist.net

Any health food store should carry several brands and types.

As for bottled water, you might have to do google searches on brands since even if the bottle says 0ppm of flouride, that could still mean it contains .4999ppm and they've just rounded down.

(Editted for more thoughts.)

[edit on 2008/11/24 by juniperberry]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
thanks and good work, i will take a closer look.

Its crazy how we the publoic have allowed these companies to put rat poison into our products.

sickening really.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Poland Spring Water is flouride free. i called the headquarters

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 1234567

Yes it is, totally. I'm dead against the stuff.

Most roach powders are 40% sodium fluoride too.

Hitler didn't put it in water because he cared about people's dental health. I really wish people would break out of the spell thinking it's good for them.

The stuff is an experimental tumorigen deliberately used to cause cancer in laboratory experiments. When the people in high places say they are putting it in products because it is good for you, they are lying.

They pretend they are good people, but in reality they are evil.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
here are some health products you may be interested in:

www.cayce.egympie.com.au...

emporium.turnpike.net...

hope that helps

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I have been using Tom's of Maine (which I find at my local Walgreens) for the past 10 months or so.

I drink a lot of coffee, and usually my teeth pick up that coffee stained look again shortly after a cleaning from the dentist. Well I started using Tom's just after my last cleaning, and I am happy to say that my teeth are still incredibly clean. My coffee intake has not changed. My teeth seem a bit less sensitive as well (although this could just be placebo).

You have to make sure that you actually get the Fluoride free version of Tom's though, as they do make both varieties. It is clearly printed on the box that it is sold in. You will pay a premium for the toothpaste (as with anything slightly natural), but I think it is well worth it.

Could you please post any findings in the bottled water category? I tried searching company sites for real information on fluoride content, but most just have a "less than" number. The first thing to do is to make sure that your water is not bottled by a subsidiary of Coka-Cola. That would be the first step.

If you are on an anti-fluoride kick, you should try and cut out all processed/pre-packaged foods as well. These are all processed using public water supplies which have fluoride added in 60% of the cases.

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 24-11-2008 by MyrTheSeeker]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I'm in the UK and I use Euthymol, which is flouride free. It does contain Sodium Saccharin though.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1234567
Also what about bottled water like Evian, etc etc ?

Most of the club soda water (I think that's how it is called , I mean the water with co2) does not have fluoride in it . At least in my country.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Im lucky to be in a country abundant of pure spring water, no fluoride in the tab water here, and its as clean as it can get. There is a new company here that is selling bottled water to the US, check it out: Iceland glacial

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Unfortunately, unlike the majority of Europe, the United States does not find soda water palatable.

You will only find carbonation in our soft drinks.

Almost all of our bottled water is flat water, and therefore usually fluoridated.

EDIT: Sorry, this was meant as a reply to the poster before last.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by MyrTheSeeker]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I have been using JASON Powersmile with whitening in the peppermint flavor (they have several flavors, this is my preference) for about six months now and am amazed at how much whiter my teeth have gotten over the previous brand I used, which was Aquafresh that contained fluoride.

I suggest you go online to purchase your toothpaste because I think you can get it cheaper. The first tube of JASON I bought was in my local health food store and I paid $6.99 for it. I found the same product on amazon.com for $16.99 for a 4-pack.

Good move to lose the fluoride!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Check out some health stores and read the labels on different brands of tooth paste.

Most health stores will have some brands without fluoride.

Make sure you read carefully, lots of brands have all kinds of strange ingredients that i like to avoid.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 1234567

I used to mix one part baking soda, one part hydrogen peroxide; I brushed my teeth with that. I use store-bought, fluoridated toothpaste now. I cannot detect any difference in myself, whether it be physical or mental. Then again, I could just be crazy. Have fun with your toothpastecapades.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 1234567

The only non flouride toothpaste to be had - is either little kiddy toothpaste or toothpaste from a health food store.

A couple of weeks ago, I stopped brushing with regular toothpaste and the only thing I brush with now is baking soda.

I did many searches on toothpaste and have found baking soda works great. My teeth feel good after brushing with it. After brushing with that - rinse with hydrogen peroxide!

I have researched hydrogen peroxide - it is an amazing miracle thing.
Read about it - it cures cancer and all kinds of problems. 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide - check it out!!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyrTheSeeker My teeth seem a bit less sensitive as well (although this could just be placebo).

Actually, it may be directly related to the flouride. When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, the dentist put me on this flouride mixture which I used a total of twice. My teeth ACHED after using it.

I've used non-flouridated toothpaste for years now and I STILL remember that feeling.

ANyway, watch your tea intake as well. A lot of teas somehow have been contaminated with flouride. Must be in the 'processing' of it.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Hmm, I just looked at my tube of Tom's again, and discovered that it does contain the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate that you mentioned earlier. I have never heard anything negative about the chemical, but after a quick search:

A number of health concerns about SLS have been raised in published reports. These studies indicate that:

SLS may cause a number of skin problems (for which the non-specific term is dermatitis), with some people being affected more than others.

SLS in toothpaste may cause aphthous ulcers, commonly referred to in some countries as "canker sores". However, some studies find no connection between SLS in toothpaste and mouth ulcers.

Interesting. I do have the occasional sore inside my mouth, but they seem to only pop up after I have bitten my cheek, or caused some other injury.

I will have to check the ingredients in my shampoo as well. I have been fighting a case a dry scalp for the last year or so, and I don't want to be fueling the situation with SLS...

It's interesting to note that the main purpose to adding this chemical to products is so the product will form a lather... I don't know about you, but I think I could live without that little perk.

Additionally, this chemical breaks down protien. Why would you want to put this on your skin, or in your mouth?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I use Kiss My Face fluoride/sodium-lauryl sulfate free toothpaste. I used half a tube of Tom's of Maine until I discovered it had sodium-lauryl sulfate in it.

As for bottled water that is not fluoridated, I'd love to find one in the United States! I drink Aquafina because it is filtered via reverse osmosis, but I'm certain trace amounts still exist. I am considering asking my local fish store if their R/O purification process eliminates most if not all traces of fluoride. For those interested here is a response that I received from a representative of the Pepsi company when I inquired about Aquafina.

Dear ------,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us to ask about the presence of fluoride in Aquafina water.

To answer your question, we do not add fluoride to Aquafina water. Further, our patented seven-step purification process removes all but a trace amount of any dissolved solids or ions, including fluoride, that might be present in the original water source.

I’ve taken the liberty of attaching a more in-depth explanation of Aquafina’s purification process that you might find helpful. You can also visit our official Aquafina site at www.aquafina.com. If you should have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks again for writing.

Aquafina is simply tap water that has been filtered via reverse osmosis. I'm sure fluoride remains to some extent after that process, but not near as much as tap water. Of course we'd all love to have 100% fluoride-free drinking water! By the way, there was no attachment to that email. *shrugs*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join