It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy Guns Now Before You Can't

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
im trying to convince my dad to let me apply for one soon

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
RufusDriftwood,

I hear you my friend. Hear in Blighty we're sitting ducks when/if our corrupt government decide it's time to slam the cell door shut on us and enslave us all. We have no ability to fight back or protect ourselves. Here, a thief can break into your home and you can't stop him. If you grab him and fight back the police will arrest you and not the thief! Its madness...

This kind of thing RufusDriftwook..just browns my backside to no end. As a Yank, I believe very much in private property..the very privateness of property. And our properties are earned by a process called work..labor..often involving great RISK.

As a government one has to go to public schools to get so stupid you diminish the " RISKS" peoples take in their daily lives and earning their monies/properties ...and by this nonsense...make them take the RISK over again to re earn the property back and by this..favor the criminal element.

On the part of government ..this does not even make good nonsense. But it does give absolute power to government. When those guys robbed me at gunpoint on my way home from work one night..the first thing they stated and in fear and trembling..was..."Watch out for a gun"...when they wanted my cell phone from my back pack. They feared a gun..an armed citizen.

As for not wanting to become Englishmen! Do you mean follow the English way and have your government openly push you about and spy on you by chance? If that's the case I don't think you're too far behind us to be honest! What is happening is global and effects us all not just the British (not English, we are a United Kingdom) or the Americans...

Precisely RufusDriftwood. Precisely. But this of which you describe is not the England I remember and admire.

That of England which I admire is the English Bulldog..your "Finest Hour" ' The Magna Carta.
The stiff back and upper lip which would go on to build an Empire out of a small Island..the very last place on this earth where reason and logic would think to become a place of world power and commerce.
I admire Cromwell and the Round heads..the English Civil War and what it meant to us Yanks. However ..most Yanks haven't a clue as to the significance to us of what happened in 1649 and the beheading of Charles 1st.

The England which produced a King James Bible..the finest example of a Bible in the English Language.
Particularly by the non English reading and poor grammatical standards of today.

This is the England I remember Rufus Driftwood. This is also the England I fear might be gone in a few short decades.

However ..as much as I admire certain aspects of English History for the significance of what it means to us as Yanks,,,I have no desire to become an Englishman. I mean no offense by this. There are those of us Yanks who are very proud to be Yanks. In like manner, I am taught that there are many Britons who are also very proud to be British.
I find no fault with this. I hope this makes some sense in an obviously confused world of today.

You in the USA have the advantage of being able to stand up and be counted. Don't let the government take away your right to bear arms as if you do, you will hand over your ability to STOP your government forcing unfair rules and regulations on you. After all, wasn't it an American who said, "The people should not fear their government, the government should fear it's people!"

Indeed Sir..Indeed.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Ahhh, Okay, thanks a bunch.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join