It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want some more biblical prophecy that points to organized religion or the papacy being the beast i

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
first i wanna say that you could objectively replace the words "homosexual acceptance" with "yellow", "hockey skills" or whatever. don't anyone accuse me of being a homophobe i'm on an honest mission for further understanding of life.

Now down to business here.

daniel 11:37 (NIV) "He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers OR FOR THE ONE DESIRED BY WOMEN, nor will he regard any god, but will exalt himself above them all"

ok. um. i've been out of school for about 8 years, but i'm pretty sure i have a slight grasp of english as simple as this. Would not the most logical candidate for "the one desired by women" be straight men? I think it could also maybe mean masculine men. Anyways this seems to me the most straightforward prophecy i've ever heard. I'd appreciated everyone else's thoughts on this. Personally, I think that the scenario is this; the ptb have no choice but to follow the future God has spoken. Therefore, they must disguise themselves as those against the acceptance of homosexuality, the right (yup bush and his lackies). since the discovery of that european mummy, and the path of to truth you have to go on when something like that is discovered, i think we may have our "veil" that is casted over us. Has anyone wondered why John was so sad and surprised when he was shown the identity of the beast? probably because he was shown a usurped christian church. Over the years I've seen a lot of prophecy pointing at the papacy. Oh and by the way, if God allows suffering because it is the cost of man's free will, then taking free will away from people is against God's wishes, which means that marrying homosexuals must be allowed under free will (the fact that the religious right would deny free will to anyone is their true selves manifest, as that denial is not of or from God). And also the "He" who does this is some king that i've no idea who it is because i don't understand the prophecy, but it is someone having to do with the beast. I'd like to hear any comment at all on any aspect. btw the "west to east" theory sounds a lot more like the truth than what we're taught is the truth. peace!

[edit on 24-11-2008 by heyo]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
i'm fairly convinced at this juncture, that the text didn't translate well into english, and that there is a possibility parts of it have been altered, added to or removed. i'm also concerned about why some texts were not included at all. i've read examples, and some it's pretty obvious why they weren't included but that's from 1700 years of papal perspective, modified slightly by another 300 years of protestant perspective.

for example, if you're taught that the text should be read and understood such and such a way, you probably will always assume thereafter that is the correct to read and understand it. but if you go back to the original languages in many cases, there are big holes all over the place, words that mean other things than what they are translated to in english.

this does not mean that i think the biblical text is inaccurate to the point where it can't be trusted at all. what it means is you can't be lazy. you have to read, study, pray, and learn it for yourself. there's no other way to really do it justice.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by undo]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
as regards the idea of homosexuality and prophecy:

i honestly don't think we should be focusing so heavily on what people are doing with their body parts. we should be focusing on the good news, the news of salvation and the message of love. i'm not sure why these guys are so hung up on the subject of homosexuality. they need to get back to the basic philosophy of Jesus, which is forgive, don't dwell on the negative, push forward for a better tomorrow, pray, be thankful, that kinda thing.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The papacy being the beast?

Look at my avatar.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
heres some reading you may be interested in -

www.tagnet.org...

www.faithfulchristians.org...

news.bigg.net...

www.lightministries.com...

i hope that helps get you started, have fun

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
it wouldn't surprise me, as a christian, to find out in the hereafter that the text was tinkered with and this resultant text is not portrayed in the light Jesus originally meant for it.

the way you can tell this is to consider those areas that make no sense at all because they appear to contradict other passages. this can mean only one of 2 things:

1) the more negative approach was jesus' original teaching and it was watered down to make it more pallatable for human consumption.

or

2) the more loving approach was jesus' original teaching and it was modified with strict, old covenant materials to keep us under bondage of the law

the mosaic law is a contradiction, as well, since it was not all inspired by God. Jesus even reveals as much, stating that moses had written some of the laws based on what he personally felt. and that the people had taken it to have the same weight as if God had said it. that became a problem because it was not only an incorrect law set, but it was forcibly applied to the point of absurdity, so that by the time Jesus arrives on the scene, the thing is nothing like it was originally intended. and it's used to abuse people.

i think paul fits into this same category. a good man of God, who has moments of spiritual insight, peppered with moments of old covenant thought, which he writes down and shares, and thereafter, it's treated as if God said it instead of a man. the weight we give to the words of our fellow humans should be scaled, of course, but to the degree indicated by the current position on biblical texts in the christian community? i dunno. i just dunno.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by undo]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

actually that's incorrect. I'm coming on here because i'm not satisfied with the notes in my bible. They seem like they didn't put much thought into it. For example the "he that women love" is translated as jesus in the notes in my bible. This interpretation of the prophecy is my own, and that explanation is more true for it to mean straight or traditional males, as women who love jesus also love males, and women who don't love jesus love males. That is the kind of thinking that has strengthened my faith. I remember when jesus, the only time he got physical was against the bankers and such. Now, the bankers and such are apparently controlling the "religious right?" that makes absolutely no sense. I'm not saying the bankers don't control them, i believe that the religious right or organized religion, either a portion of it or the whole, has lost the ability to sense a wolf.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

It's funny that you should mention paul. Has anyone ever asked, when jesus gave him the "keys to the kingdom of heaven", if maybe Paul would use those keys to lock doors instead of open them??? catch my drift? If indeed the bible has been tankered with, the reason I still believe in it is it still points the finger at who is going to do the tinkering. In my case, the study of revelations set me on the path to trying to understand who the enemy might be, and i've still got an open mind as to who that is. this journey has been part time over the last couple years, and as new evidence is revealed, the apathy towards it is quite disturbing.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by undo

actually that's incorrect.

i didn't say it.
i didn't comment on the woman thing at all.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

i'm concerned that most people don't bother to read it for themselves. they let other people tell them what it says and what it means. and this happens in or out of the christian community. some devote their entire lives to the study of it. some only read certain parts and not others. and some, just let someone else tell them what it says/means. that last group is the one that concerns me.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Jesus was always arguing against the pharisees in the bible. This is important.

Pharisee n.

1. A member of an ancient Jewish sect that emphasized strict interpretation and observance of the Mosaic law in both its oral and written form.

2. A hypocritically self-righteous person.

These were people who worshiped very regularly. They went to church every week, gave a hefty sum of their income to the church, and were the moral leaders of the time.

Jesus said they would cross an ocean just for 1 convert.

Sounds like they had it all right huh? Jesus called them hypocrites and said they were the sons of the devil. These were the people who accused Jesus of blasphemy and murdered him.

Today this is the christian churches. They follow the literal and strict version of the bible, but just like the pharisees of the time - they have no understanding.

Jesus said he didn't come to change the laws, but to fulfill them. By fulfill them, he meant to bring understanding and be the example on how to properly follow them.

Prophets Vs. Pharisees

jmm.aaa.net.au...

Also, Paul establishes the christian church.

Paul vs. Jesus
A List of Contradictory and Incompatible Statements

www.voiceofjesus.org...

[edit on 24-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
badmedia

you definitely have a point.

for example, i was reading paul's position on women in the church. that thing has been used like a sledge hammer, a glass ceiling and a cage, to keep women in bondage to old traditions established by men, not by God.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

i absolutely agree!!! The are teh people we must fight who misrepresent God. Christians need to realize that the search for the truth vindicates you. Like if you're searching in places the the established religion does not want you to, they make it seem like you're angering God, when in fact it is the exact opposite!! I've read some defence on catholic sites and they are NOTICEABLY scared. I can almost picture them walking on eggshells as they justify their blashpemy.....that being said, I won't turn my heart against them 100 percent because i must admit the case agianst them is not rock solid until the antichrist is presented, and we all know how important a solid rock is.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

thank you grck!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
badmedia

you definitely have a point.

for example, i was reading paul's position on women in the church. that thing has been used like a sledge hammer, a glass ceiling and a cage, to keep women in bondage to old traditions established by men, not by God.

Funny you mention this. Just last night I was watching TV, and a preview of an old John Wayne movie came on the TV. Wayne on his horse, and he's talking to this lady. I missed exactly what she said, but it was dealing with the bible and treating people nicely, basically pointing out he was doing the opposite. And in reply, he quotes something about a womans place in church - to shut up. You can bet it wasn't Jesus he was quoting.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

THE FOLLOWING IS THE SCRIPTURE WE ARE DISCUSSING AND MORE OF THAT HAS BEEN INCLUDED AS WELL!

Dan 11:36 And the king (antichrist) shall do according to his will; and he (antichrist) shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for THAT that is determined shall be done.
Dan 11:37 Neither shall he (antichrist) regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
Dan 11:38 But in his estate shall he (antichrist) honour the god of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
Dan 11:39 Thus shall he (antichrist) do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

Dan 11:40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him (antichrist): and the king of the north shall come against him (antichrist) like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he (antichrist) shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.
Dan 11:41 He (antichrist) shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his (antichrist) hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.
Dan 11:42 He (antichrist) shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.

Dan 11:43 But he (antichrist) shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.
Dan 11:44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him (antichrist): therefore he (antichrist) shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.
Dan 11:45 And he (antichrist) shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he (antichrist) shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

NOTICE THE FOLLOWING VERSE USING THE KJV BIBLE!

Dan 11:37 Neither shall he (antichrist) regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Notice that it does not tell us that he is a "manly" man. It simply explains to us that the beast/antichrist (who is the king being mentioned) will place himself above EVERYTHING, including above the desire of women!

The beast/antichrist will think that he is so high and great that even the desire of women toward him will be considered a small and insignificant thing for him to care about!
The antichrist will even consider himself to be greater than God Almighty!
Then the antichrist will accept a god that his FOREFATHERS did not know just so he can "FLATTER" those with whom he desires to conquer!
The antichrist will not HONESTLY honor this strange god, but he will do everything he can to convince them that he is FOR them!
Then after the beast/antichrist has fooled them he will try to conquer them!
And, the beast/antichrist will conquer most of them.

The beast is an individual, a man, and as such is not a group of people.
Those who follow after the beast are called antichristians.

Please take a look at the posts I posted in another thread that reveals the book of Revelation.
The verses I have quoted also speak of the Saints, the beast, and about Jesus Christ.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=SaintlyMic

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

ANYONE WHO WORSHIPS THE ANTICHRIST, OR HIS IMAGE, OR WHOEVER TAKES THE MARK OF THE BEAST TO BUY AND SELL WILL RECEIVE ETERNAL DEATH!!!

Please CHOOSE Jesus!!!

[edit on 11/26/2008 by SaintlyMic]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
Jesus was always arguing against the pharisees in the bible. This is important.

Pharisee n.
1. A member of an ancient Jewish sect that emphasized strict interpretation and observance of the Mosaic law in both its oral and written form.
2. A hypocritically self-righteous person.

These were people who worshiped very regularly. They went to church every week, gave a hefty sum of their income to the church, and were the moral leaders of the time.

Jesus said they would cross an ocean just for 1 convert.

Sounds like they had it all right huh? Jesus called them hypocrites and said they were the sons of the devil. These were the people who accused Jesus of blasphemy and murdered him.

Today this is the christian churches. They follow the literal and strict version of the bible, but just like the pharisees of the time - they have no understanding.

Jesus said he didn't come to change the laws, but to fulfill them. By fulfill them, he meant to bring understanding and be the example on how to properly follow them.

Prophets Vs. Pharisees

jmm.aaa.net.au...

Also, Paul establishes the christian church.

Paul vs. Jesus
A List of Contradictory and Incompatible Statements

www.voiceofjesus.org...

I have found you again!

So, you think the Christians of today are the same as the pharisees of Christ's time?
You are badly mistaken!
Not everyone who claims to be a Christian is a Christian!

Those "Christians" you speak of are LUKEWARM CHRISTIANS, not TRUE CHRISTIANS!
Lukewarm Christians are those who "confess" they are of Christ, but inwardly have not HONESTLY come to accept Christ into their hearts!

Many people CLAIM they have accepted and followed after Christ, but inwardly they have not asked Jesus to COME LIVE IN THEIR HEARTS!

You MUST ask Jesus to come live INSIDE OF YOU!
Just because someone QUOTES Jesus does NOT mean they are OF Jesus!

I see many who CLAIM to follow after Jesus' WORDS, but who also have not accepted Jesus into their hearts.
Many come against TRUE CHRISTIANS because they focus on the LUKEWARM CHRISTIAN'S ACTIVITIES!

Lukewarm Christians are hypocrites, and they do not honestly LOVE Jesus, because if they did love Jesus they would also love Jesus' Children!

I trust COMPLETELY in Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His Words, AND THE WORDS OF HIS CHILDREN!
If a person attributes the actions of fake Christians to True Christians, then that person is NOT right with Christ!

Be careful who you judge, because you may be coming against one of Christ's Anointed!
Who are Christ's ANOINTED?
THE SAINTS OF CHRIST JESUS!

I am a Saint of God because Jesus LIVES INSIDE of me.
Hence, I use Saint in my nick: SaintlyMic!

ANYONE WHO TRUSTS IN CHRIST, HAS CHRIST'S MIND AND SPIRIT IN THEM, AND WHO ALSO LOVE THE OTHER CHRISTIAN BRETHREN ARE THE ANOINTED SAINTS OF GOD!

Jesus has called us to PRAY FOR OUR ENEMIES and to LET HIM DEAL WITH FALSE CHRISTIANS.
But, when you see someone coming against ALL the Brethren, then they must be enlightened concerning the TRUTH that not all of the Brethren are LUKEWARM!

I am not lukewarm simply because Jesus is in my heart, and I defend Him as He tells me to defend Him, and I defend the Brethren.

Does the word BRETHREN scare you?
It just simply means those who are altogether TOGETHER in fellowship of and with Christ.
That is what TRUE CHRISTIANITY truly is...a fellowship of Christian Brethren!

So, the Christians are NOT the problem, and neither were all the Pharisees.
It is those who like to look like either one and yet deny Jesus in their hearts who are the problem!

Most Pharisees rejected Christ Jesus, therefore they were not true to themselves concerning God, because Jesus is God.

If you will go over my posts, I go into more detail concerning these things.

Jesus HIMSELF, and not just His WORDS, is the TRUTH, the LIFE, and the LIGHT of all humanity!
ANYTHING less than Christ Himself is a LIE!

[edit on 11/26/2008 by SaintlyMic]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
wow, I was digging for this stuff a week or so ago, check out Satans Secrets of google video... his secret is he is christian... wow... scary to think about it.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SaintlyMic

I feel the same way. However, since not every prophet who claims jesus is of Jesus, 100% reliance on the divinity of the bible is an outlook that is based on men's opinion's from like 1700 years ago. Since these two facts alone point to the possiblity of the message having been tinkered with by the devil, that possibility must be objectively explored. The truth demands it.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by heyo

i'm concerned that most people don't bother to read it for themselves. they let other people tell them what it says and what it means. and this happens in or out of the christian community. some devote their entire lives to the study of it. some only read certain parts and not others. and some, just let someone else tell them what it says/means. that last group is the one that concerns me.

I couldn't agree more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join