It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restless Leg Syndrome Sufferer?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
While doing research in the past (my dad has rls and I get the jerks on rare occasion) I found a site that implicated a lack of tyrosine as a base cause. Some people just don't metabolize it efficiently.
It is an amino acid that you can get online at any vitamin seller for 7-15 dollars for 60 tablets.
I take one a day if I get symptoms and only use them if I need to.
No side effects, no expensive perscriptions.

5 HTP also helps with the nervousness and twitches. I won't take it more that 2 or 3 days at a time because it is a precursor building block to serotonin.
It will give you a little more of what you need for your body to create necessary hormones without screwing up your system, creating dependency and side effects.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions, so far the tonic water has been working for me, and I am amazed. So much frustration trying to go to sleep, and it has not happened but a couple of times lately, and I don't have to sit around drinking it all the time, just a bottle every few days. I am so pleased with it!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Hi guys

I've had this since about fourteen. I have found that taking potasium aleiviates the symptoms. I don't take it everyday just when I feel the restlessness starting again. Maybe one or twice a month. You can get potasium suppliments at any drug or health food store and it is cheap. Give it a try and let me know if it works for you two.. oh, and by the way usually only takes a day for it to work.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join