It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

scientists locate 'The Christian Gene'.....is this possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
SO I was sent this link and figured I would bring it here. If I am in the wrong forum please forgive me and place it where it best fit.

I think the point is pretty obvious.....

I am wondering what other people are going to think about it....

[edit on 24-11-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This is obviously a joke.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The link doesn't work and the video is not showing up right. Can you try to fix it so I can see it?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I am trying my hardest to get it fixed.....I don't know what I am doing wrong...

I am posting the exact URL into the UTUBE VID loading box.......

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

You don't post the whole link into the box, only the numbers after the = .
At least I think that's right.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Clark W. Griswold

Thank you Clark that was very helpful

Its working now

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You got the video up right , but it says video unavailable.

Ok, it's showing now. I'm off to watch it.

I'm sure Christians will be happy to know that gay scientists are taking such an interest in their genes. lol I thought it was funny, but I don't think Christians will think the same.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Clark W. Griswold]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It's amusing, but is obviously a joke. Some parents of Christians are "relieved" that the gene has been found?
Funny stuff.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
This is a spoof, not real at all.

www.cnnnn.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is a GREAT post to show on here this is a SPOOF well known it was done
because someone claimed scientists may have found a GAY gene !
So THIS was done for a laugh but what it shows is that if a rumour is started on the internet before you know it someone suggests it could be fact then it IS TRUE this is how all great Urban Myths start but its even easier now thanks to the internet!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well some scientist think there is a god spot in the right middle temporal cortex that lights up on a mri when fundis think of god. So a cristian gene may not be that much of a spoof. Then again it could be a brain tumor or something that gives them pleasure when they think of god.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
A pleasurable God tumor

Lolerz Lolerz......

Hey Im pretty keenly aware this is a spoof......as I said above I think the point is pretty obvious, and I think it is very well done and hilarious!!

The Gay gene threads were on ATS so I thought it only fitting that the rebuttal is also given a thread here.

You know, with the complexity of the human brain......I bet scientists will eventually be able to see all aspects in the brain such as coordination and musical talent or even a love for chocolate.
Just because they can isolate any certain aspect of the brain does not mean it is somehow wrongly there, or should be suppressed.
Humans are all different in design, behavior, intellectual level and belief system and I don't see being a Christian as a flaw anymore than I see being Gay as a flaw........it is just a difference in preference.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet Death
Well some scientist think there is a god spot in the right middle temporal cortex that lights up on a mri when fundis think of god. So a cristian gene may not be that much of a spoof. Then again it could be a brain tumor or something that gives them pleasure when they think of god.

Um... there's a spot in your brain that will show activity for everything you can possibly imagine.

I could think of a water drop falling on the back of a dog being eaten by a tiny kitten, and they'll manage to find where I'm pulling those thoughts from.

If I happen to associate kittens eating wet dogs with pleasure, then yes, certain pleasure receptors in the brain will fire up. Many of them are likely right where they found them.

Sorry, but religious brains are nothing special, just... not very independent.
You'll have to create your own individual traits to be proud of.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by johnsky]

new topics

top topics

join