It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government Agrees to Citigroup Bailout

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Interesting that Obama fully supported the Citigroup bailout today in a press conference but at the sametime insisted the auto industry "come up iwth a plan" before the american taxpayer would even consider bailing them out.

Ofcourse this begs the question where is "the plan" from Citigroup et al??? We all know that Citigroup doesn't need a plan or ANY oversight??? Afterall they have done such a good job managing their own money!

The double standard for Wall St vs Main St is glaring! Another big disappointment from Mr. Change! Looks like another Free Trader (traitor) union buster. Ok to bailout Saudi buddies and Wall St but woe if the american worker asks for anything or the homeowner or the parent or anyone who is not part of the upperclass asks for ANYTHING we are told life's hard get used to it!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Today in the mail I received a statement from Citibank:

"Notice of Change in Terms and Right to Opt Out"

in which they are dramatically increasing the interest rate on the account I have had with them for close to ten years now. The 'minimum' APR the account can have is now 15.99%. That's right, my account went from having an APR of less than 10%, to having a minimum of 15.99%.

Well excuse me while I opt out.. hopefully they don't make me pay the full amount at once to opt out.

I'm going to be sure to ask about my share of the bailout when I am on the phone.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Any bets that this guy had enough money in his desktop Spiderman piggybank to bail out the whole mess himself?

Got me to thinking, exactly who are the 'shareholders' of these bailed out banks who stand to gain the most from these 'bailouts' . . .

For those who don't know much about Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal . . . check out his bio

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

He sure needs all that gift from the tax payer in this nation to keep his wealth from sinking, mean while we the American people just get the finger every time the corrupted government we have reward their wealthiest friends.

America, we have not longer any cojones to fight back for what is ours.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by GoalPoster

He sure needs all that gift from the tax payer in this nation to keep his wealth from sinking, mean while we the American people just get the finger every time the corrupted government we have reward their wealthiest friends.

America, we have not longer any cojones to fight back for what is ours.

The finger?????

I feel like I'm getting the whole fist here!!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Here's some fun stuff . . . these folks who combined were compensated more than $70 million last year are the same fine examples of corporate leatership that allowed CITI to get into the big mess they're now in . . .

Greed is GOOD

Fun reading considering how the CEOs of the auto companies had their behinds handed to them by congress and senate committees, along with the now storied question "Will you drop your wage to $1" . . .

Wonder how many of these fatcats at CITI would do the same.

Just wondering . . .

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
They are trying to keep the sinking ship afloat buy putting more holes in it. When it sinks it will go down fast and furious.
We dont have any life jackets but here, Hold on to this rock.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Citigroup gets a handout and they still get to keep the $400 million naming rights to the new Mets Baseball stadium. Yeah Yeah they signed a contract. So , sell the rights to another corp. They would be lucky to get $200 million from another bidder.

Whatever happened to naming a stadium after a famous person or after the home team. Mets Field has a nice ring to it. Oh that's right, greed. Lets sell the naming rights every 5 to 10 years.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Citigroup gets a handout and they still get to keep the $400 million naming rights to the new Mets Baseball stadium. Yeah Yeah they signed a contract. So , sell the rights to another corp. They would be lucky to get $200 million from another bidder.

Whatever happened to naming a stadium after a famous person or after the home team. Mets Field has a nice ring to it. Oh that's right, greed. Lets sell the naming rights every 5 to 10 years.

C'mon . . . the owners of sports teams really need help to cover the cost of paying some poorly educated person $10 million per year to throw a vulconized sphere through a net held open by a metal hoop.

It all makes so much sense . . . we pay the government taxes so the government can dole it out to failing corporate entities so they can continue their bonuses and perks like luxury boxes at these sports venues so they can watch the teams that they support through the funneling of millions of dollars in 'corporate sponsorships' (aka naming rights) so they can look down on us peons who save for two years to be able to afford the $500 or so it costs to take our families to a game maybe once or twice a decade because we're sending upwards of $20,000 each to the government every year in taxes so the government can dole it out to . . .

What a system.

Gotta love it.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by GoalPoster]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join