It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why did people vote for obama

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
but you never answered the question. what has he done as an IL senator that has helped minorities or the middle class????

He sponsored successful efforts to expand children's health care, create a plan to provide equal health care access for all Illinois residents, and create a "Hospital Report Card" system, and worker's rights laws that protected whistleblowers, domestic violence victims, equal pay for women, and overtime pay.

and you said he understands foreign policy?// haha whatever you say man.

Well if the war in Iraq is an important subject to the GOP...

Barack Obama will responsibly end the war in Iraq:

Immediately upon taking office, Obama will give his Secretary of Defense and military commanders a new mission in Iraq: successfully ending the war. The removal of our troops will be responsible and phased.
Encourage political accommodation:

Obama and Biden will press Iraq's leaders to take responsibility for their future and to substantially spend their oil revenues on their own reconstruction.
Increase stability in Iraq and the region:

Obama and Biden will launch an aggressive diplomatic effort to reach a comprehensive compact on the stability of Iraq and the region. They also will address Iraq's refugee crisis.

and john mccains tax plan also helped the middle class and low class.

Yeah.. By continuing failed Bush tax policies which clearly favor the rich? You really believe oil companies should save billions of dollars in tax revenue just because they make so much money? Whose side are you on, the rich or America's majority?

[edit on 23/11/2008 by blowfishdl]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Your post just completely overlooks the hundreds of reasons why people voted for Barack Obama including health care, alternative fuels, global warming, etc.

I mean really I understand your bull-headed but there are many more reasons other than he's black.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl

but you never answered the question. what has he done as an IL senator that has helped minorities or the middle class????

He sponsored successful efforts to expand children's health care, create a plan to provide equal health care access for all Illinois residents, and create a "Hospital Report Card" system, and worker's rights laws that protected whistleblowers, domestic violence victims, equal pay for women, and overtime pay.

and you said he understands foreign policy?// haha whatever you say man.

Well if the war in Iraq is an important subject to the GOP...

Barack Obama will responsibly end the war in Iraq:

Immediately upon taking office, Obama will give his Secretary of Defense and military commanders a new mission in Iraq: successfully ending the war. The removal of our troops will be responsible and phased.
Encourage political accommodation:

Obama and Biden will press Iraq's leaders to take responsibility for their future and to substantially spend their oil revenues on their own reconstruction.
Increase stability in Iraq and the region:

Obama and Biden will launch an aggressive diplomatic effort to reach a comprehensive compact on the stability of Iraq and the region. They also will address Iraq's refugee crisis.

and john mccains tax plan also helped the middle class and low class.

Yeah.. By continuing failed Bush tax policies which clearly favor the rich? You really believe oil companies should save billions of dollars in tax revenue just because they make so much money? Whose side are you on, the rich or America's majority?

[edit on 23/11/2008 by blowfishdl]

i think with the way the economy is going now, everyone needs to save money including big businesses. and i highly doubt he will begin the removal process of troops upon taking office, i bet it wont even come up within his first year. but well see.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

and #3, what exactly has he done in chicago that makes him the right man for the job??

Experience doesn't always equate to cunning. Look at Dubya.

Obama defeated Hillary. Now that's cunning.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

and #3, what exactly has he done in chicago that makes him the right man for the job??

I don't believe I answered this one so let me tackle it now. Community organizing is a lot like any type of public speaking, interpersonal relations, and obviously business relationships. These skills are going to give him the ability to work with many countries in a community type of way, rather than turning the cold shoulder as seems to be the Bush solution.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

We will be out of Iraq by 2011, thank you President Bush

Obama may have sponsored these things, but really how many have been a complete success?

You do like to repeat positive news stories on Obama don't you? I'm sure you are quick to discredit any that may tarnish his image any too.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
im just trying to figure out what obama is all about. i do not believe in equal health care for all. it is a huge strain on the economy and right now thats the least thing that needs to be strained on. He is a big fan of minorities rights but doesnt support gay marriage. *i agree with him there, but dems are all about equality for EVERYONE*. which is why i find it amazing a liberal state such as CA voted against it.

i do not believe in Obama's plan to meet directly with leaders of enemy nations. and most democrats also disagree with him there.

and BTW obama was one of the few people to vote against Iraq, even biden and Clinton voted for it

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

im just trying to figure out what obama is all about. i do not believe in equal health care for all. it is a huge strain on the economy and right now thats the least thing that needs to be strained on. He is a big fan of minorities rights but doesnt support gay marriage. *i agree with him there, but dems are all about equality for EVERYONE*. which is why i find it amazing a liberal state such as CA voted against it.

i do not believe in Obama's plan to meet directly with leaders of enemy nations. and most democrats also disagree with him there.

and BTW obama was one of the few people to vote against Iraq, even biden and Clinton voted for it

This is a misunderstanding. Clinton wanted universal health care, but Obama wants affordable government health care insurance. Making the possibility of affordable insurance for the very poor in a program much like Medicaid.

As for gay marriage this is to each his own opinion however the tax breaks for married gay families would prove a heavy strain on the U.S. Economy.

I totally believe with meeting with every single leader of every country. He himself does not do it but his representatives do and bring back/deliver messages. "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer". It's true.

Obama not only voted against Iraq but made a very public almost career threatening speech against it because he felt he needed to fight for the welfare of the troops whom were all dying in Iraq. He voted against it because it was NOT linked in anyway to 9/11 and they did not have WMD. It has proven a heavy strain on our troops and economy. I personally believe one bullet to Saddam's brain through a sniper scope would've solved it.

link   

reply to post by jd140

Your post just completely overlooks the hundreds of reasons why people voted for Barack Obama including health care, alternative fuels, global warming, etc.

I mean really I understand your bull-headed but there are many more reasons other than he's black.

Global warming- Lie
Health care- Won't ever happen
alternative fuels- both had the same opinion on it

would you like to bring out some more from your etc column. Do not assume I am bull headed because I have stated a fact. I did not state anywhere the only reason they voted for him was because he was black. I said the main reason was because he was a DEMOCRAT. Get off your high horse and read a post from start to finish before you start rambling away.

link   
this is also in the subject, but as it is, illegal immigrants are getting better health care than Americans are right now and that in itself should be a crime. with the economy the wya it is the immigrants are running back to mexico in droves like they should be. it is not fair that my great grandparents had to come here legally through ellis island, but people like john mccain and democrats want to give them the free ride to citizenship. i hope mccain knows that giving 20 million illegal immigrants citizenship status equals the end of the republican party and the beginning of democrat dictatorship

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

this is also in the subject, but as it is, illegal immigrants are getting better health care than Americans are right now and that in itself should be a crime. with the economy the wya it is the immigrants are running back to mexico in droves like they should be. it is not fair that my great grandparents had to come here legally through ellis island, but people like john mccain and democrats want to give them the free ride to citizenship. i hope mccain knows that giving 20 million illegal immigrants citizenship status equals the end of the republican party and the beginning of democrat dictatorship

The biggest problem with having 20 million illegal immigrants is the lack of jobs for people like you and me. I was laid off of my job because everything is outsourced these days because there is no regulation. No jobs have been created under the Bush administration, and Obama is about to create 1 million through alternative energy jobs. This includes implementation of wind farms and such. Any tech nut must think this is very cool.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

This is a misunderstanding. Clinton wanted universal health care, but Obama wants affordable government health care insurance. Making the possibility of affordable insurance for the very poor in a program much like Medicaid.

As for gay marriage this is to each his own opinion however the tax breaks for married gay families would prove a heavy strain on the U.S. Economy.

I totally believe with meeting with every single leader of every country. He himself does not do it but his representatives do and bring back/deliver messages. "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer". It's true.

Obama not only voted against Iraq but made a very public almost career threatening speech against it because he felt he needed to fight for the welfare of the troops whom were all dying in Iraq. He voted against it because it was NOT linked in anyway to 9/11 and they did not have WMD. It has proven a heavy strain on our troops and economy. I personally believe one bullet to Saddam's brain through a sniper scope would've solved it.

I agree that you need representatives to talk with enemy nations, however obama said he would meet with them PERSONALLY. America has been sending representatives to enemy countries for a very very long time, including president bush, thats how tihngs are accomplished. however the president should never meet directly with the enemy unless it is to broker a peace deal.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Why did people vote for Barack Obama?

Obama provides hope--something that has been lacking over the last 8 years.

People voted for Obama because he offers leadership--something that has been
lacking over the last 8 years.

Change from what has been to anything different is why people voted for him.

A hope that the rest of the world may perceive us in a positive light, is why people voted for him.

I could go on and on...

But you get the jest.

delius

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Global warming- Lie
Health care- Won't ever happen
alternative fuels- both had the same opinion on it

would you like to bring out some more from your etc column. Do not assume I am bull headed because I have stated a fact. I did not state anywhere the only reason they voted for him was because he was black. I said the main reason was because he was a DEMOCRAT. Get off your high horse and read a post from start to finish before you start rambling away.

I think you should do some research because nobody is going to back up your claim that Barack has no plans for office. He has several in which he is going to immediately step into. Have a look at his website if you need to refresh on his statements on key issues. This is called doing your research.

www.barackobama.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

The biggest problem with having 20 million illegal immigrants is the lack of jobs for people like you and me. I was laid off of my job because everything is outsourced these days because there is no regulation. No jobs have been created under the Bush administration, and Obama is about to create 1 million through alternative energy jobs. This includes implementation of wind farms and such. Any tech nut must think this is very cool.

this is true, but ive been hearing since the gasoline scare during Carters era that we need alternative fuel souces. brazil runs off of cooking oil or something like that. but on your regulating issue, a lot of people are saying the economy was caused by too much regulation. the government telling firms such as fannie mae and freddie mac to give loans to people that cannot afford them which caused the crisis we are currently in *thx barney frank*

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I agree that you need representatives to talk with enemy nations, however obama said he would meet with them PERSONALLY. America has been sending representatives to enemy countries for a very very long time, including president bush, thats how tihngs are accomplished. however the president should never meet directly with the enemy unless it is to broker a peace deal.

This was also a misunderstanding. He ended up clarifying this in the 3rd and final debate where he stated he himself would not meet with Iran leaders. It would be a representative.

Actually Bush was so poor at his job he didn't even send a representative to Iran for a few years. Remember when we told them they couldn't buy our oil unless we could get into their nuclear facilities? They just started trading with Euros!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

this is true, but ive been hearing since the gasoline scare during Carters era that we need alternative fuel souces. brazil runs off of cooking oil or something like that. but on your regulating issue, a lot of people are saying the economy was caused by too much regulation. the government telling firms such as fannie mae and freddie mac to give loans to people that cannot afford them which caused the crisis we are currently in *thx barney frank*

Yeah Brazil had a very good plan going with corn! However, I have read it was snubbed out already by Exxon and the world bank seizing the Amazon rain forest! That's for another discussion however.

It was actually deregulation for millionaires and wall street enacted by the Bush Administration which caused the collapse, not regulation.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Yeah Brazil had a very good plan going with corn! However, I have read it was snubbed out already by Exxon and the world bank seizing the Amazon rain forest! That's for another discussion however.

It was actually deregulation for millionaires and wall street enacted by the Bush Administration which caused the collapse, not regulation.

well the community reinvestment act of i think 1972 was the cause of the situation we are in. you cant expect to give loans to people that cannot afford them and expect a payback. that would make the banks lose money. This is a separate issue from greedy wall street

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
You KNOW you're a Racist when you post this...

Originally posted by Raman
black people actually bothered to vote this time because it was one of them. they didnt even consider that he is unnexperienced and is going to screw up this country. they only thought "o man yo he is black like me i should go vote so i can get more wellfare"

Here Is Your Sign

I've found MANY people so fixated on race that they have not yet come to understand how this game works. It does not anger me anymore "Even though I'm black yo and i want wellfare yo and every third word out of my mouth is yo because that is my stereotype yo" It saddens me because these are the people that are usually ignorant , have no free thought and are carbon copies of their circle of friends. Let me explain it to you in the lexicon that you percieve of me. "Yo SON , Now WE got a BLACK puppet in the white house instead of a white puppet yo!!" Can you not see where the true power lies in this world yet?
.. Of course you can't , your brain has yet to evolve... you still see in black/white , good/evil... your world is probably dominated by fear. You know what... It's not your fault , you are just playing the game that they want you to ,keep doin what you're doin chief... focus on insignificant , trivial things like race , make sure you watch ALOT of television Preferably reality tv and make sure you keep abreast of the latest Hollywood scandals. No matter what you do , don't worry about anything or anyone but yourself and try not to expand your understanding of the world outside of your zip code. Last but not least , please try as hard as possible to remain ignorant of the fact that we're all in this thing together and there is only one race....Human

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Yeah it's no secret either I get offers everyday in the mail for $4,000 loans and I don't even have a job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join