It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vibrating matter to compromise molecular structure. Is it possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I recently watched an episode of The Fringe, titled "The Equation". In it the end result is a device that uses harmonics and vibration to break up the molecular structure of tuned in matter, thereby allowing one to pass un-tuned matter through it, as if it were liquid.
My question to you is, would this be possible in real world science today? Every piece of matter in the universe has a resonating frequency. If one were to build a device that could match that frequency and vibrate it, could it be possible to break the molecular structure of tuned matter to such a degree that it would be possible to pass un-tuned matter through it?

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This seems possible if perfected. It would eventually enable us to become invisible for pass through solid objects. This is very helpful in space as there is no gravity in space.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I have heard a lot about resonance-type devices both fictional and non-fictional.

In Stargate Atlantis, a harmonic resonance device was used to break down the molecular structure of a wall so you could walk through it, basically turning it into a liquid-type material similar to the one you mentioned.

Nikola Tesla had many experiments involving resonant frequency devices, such as the infamous Tesla oscillator. It is claimed this device accidentally caused a building to exhibit an earthquake-like rapid, destructive movement in which everyone was forced to evacuate.

The most interesting of resonance devices is the concept of a "field resonance propulsion system" by a NASA scientist, Alan C. Holt. The propulsion system utilizes the phenomena of magnetic line merging, hydromagnetic wave effects, free-electron lasers. If the concepts behind the idea is correct, it would simply work by tuning into a distant space-time point and appear there instantaneously.

So is it possible? I don't know, but the phenomena is very interesting. The destruction of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge was a result of mechanical resonance, so I would guess matching frequencies with anything is potentially dangerous.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Vibrating matter to compromise molecular structure. Is it possible?

Yes. It's called shaking.

Shake something hard enough and its molecular structure disintegrates. That's why it falls to pieces.

Somebody (possibly yourself) has been giving your leg a good hard pull.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
many seem to believe it is possible.. there was a teacher at my high school who swore to his science class that he could run through the wall if he was able to vibrate his molecules at a certain frequency... well he tested his theory in front of the class.. and broke his arm.
he claimed after that at the last possible split second, his belief faltered.

but wasnt Tesla working on something similar to this? I know he was trying to make something that caused earthquakes and demolition with resonance... couldn't this technology be a bi-product or offshoot of his idea? or discovered serendipitously?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
bah not only a double post but also beat to the punch with the tesla remark.. sorry folks!

[edit on 24-11-2008 by kidney thief]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I don't know about causing the object to become fluid but matching the resonance can cause the object to levitate.

Acoustic levitation

Some people believe this technology was used to move the stones at Stonehenge, the pyramids, and Coral Castle. Being able to pass one solid through another would be very, very cool. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find that this is possible. -- But dangerous! Look what happened to the guys in the Philadelphia experiment. Some of them re-materialized with parts of their bodies embedded in the ship!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
You can easily break down molecular bonds through tuned vibration, see: Shattering a glass with sound.

However, breaking down the molecular bond of a material will not allow it to be physically transparent to other physical objects.

It is theorized however, that the right frequency of electro-magnetic resonance from multiple emission sources can interfere with the electrons velocity around the nucleus of the atom itself. Essentially, without electron interaction, the object's physical properties become... locked, and cannot be interfered with by other objects. Hence, another object (in theory) can pass right through it, or embed itself within it.
It's also theorized that this could prevent mass interaction aswell, hence the object merely drifts away, like a penny falling off a spinning ball in space.

However, this is still theoretical. There have been a few people who have claimed to have achieved it, see; Hutchison, et al... however their work hasn't been published, and there remains much skepticism as to whether they faked their results or not.

There's also a pop-conspiracy-culture tale of the Philadelphia experiment.

Even Nikola Tesla himself claimed to have observed some odd occurrences with objects within multiple fluctuated power sources... but many argue that these occurrences were merely a charge building up within a metal object, and the object becoming attracted to other metal objects as a result. Take a look at some of Teslas experiments, he was known to work within what we today would consider a giant EM Coil.
Plus, some argue that at 60Hz, and below (which is what Tesla was working with), the sought after strange interactions could not occur.

But it's nice to see others thinking along the lines of matter as being easily manipulated by wave forms.

Keep it up, this realm of science has allot of really cool things to show you!
Well... not that you can "see" EM waves.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I also found out that there was an episode of MythBusters where they attempted to debunk Tesla's Oscillating machine. However, they were quite surprised that when they connected it to a bridge and tuned it into the bridges frequency, that they could feel the small device vibrating the bridge.
Anyone see that episode or have video link for it?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
well i'd have to say that the idea put out by that episode of fringe( i love that show, walter bishop is hilarious) far outstrips our current knowledge. meaning, it's possible, but we don't know how to do it yet. a vast percentage of atomic structure is empty space. which means all physical objects are mostly empty space.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Yes,
I also saw that episode.
It was an eye opener.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
wow,this is quite freaky. I had this kind of an idea running round my head the other night. But i wasn't trying to discombobulate matter,I was trying to figure out a way to open up a dimension gate.

and as a side note,there's been a few of these human power type shows latley,maybe tv is getting us ready for a shift.

edit to add-I don't watch fringe,or hardly any tv

[edit on 25/11/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnskyHowever, this is still theoretical. There have been a few people who have claimed to have achieved it, see; Hutchison, et al... however their work hasn't been published, and there remains much skepticism as to whether they faked their results or not.
Don't believe anything John Hutchison says. All of his videos are fake. Just look at this one, do you notice something strange in the upper left corner of this video?

Edit:Hmmmm, videos not working, so I'll just link you to it.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-11-2008 by TravisT]

(vid & link fix)

[edit on 25/11/08 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
There's nothing strange about string

unless you're using to dupe people into thinking you can float a spinning top very unconvincingly.

top topics

join